IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> HBO Sat. Night-Saido/Garcia-Gaovolkin/Rosato-Martinez/Burgos, All Comments Here (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Jan 14 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

We have three world title fights on the line:

Orlando Solido vs. Mikey Garcia-WBO Featherweight Championship
(39-11-2) (30-0)

Genedy Govolkin vs. Gabriel Rosato-WBA Middlewight Championship
(24-0) (21-5)

Roman Martinez vs. Juab Burgos-WBO Jr. Lightweight Championship
(26-1) (30-1)

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2013, 02:52 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Can't wait for this weekend!

Garcia/Salido: Gladly, between Salido and Garcia, Salido is the guy who will take the most risks. Most of his risks are calculated (if that makes any sense), and he can get entertainingly careless from time to time....which always makes for a great fight!

Between the two of them, Garcia has the most to lose, duh. I can picture this one being a Marquez vs Diaz type of fight, but I may be giving Garcia too much credit (for being aggressive), so I'll cool my jets. Garcia can be too careful (or relaxed), to the point that he makes the fight boring for several rounds, and at times...the final bell.

Golovkin/Rosado: The typical answer here, is to predict a KO/TKO on GGG's part. For some odd reason, I believe that Rosado is doing a bit more than just talking, in order to hype this fight. Besides, this IS his biggest fight to date (correct me if Im wrong), so I'll understand if he's just running his mouth. As we all mentioned, I pray that this isn't that Haye-type hype.

After seeing Rosado get smashed by Angulo years ago, one would think that GGG will be more impressive in his massacre. I feel like Rosado and his team has something under their sleeves...the same way I felt like Marquez had something under his sleeve for his recent fight.

R. Martinez/Burgos: Cant wait for this one. These little dudes could be fight 1A or 1B in regards to stealing the show. I just see blood and a galore of combinations. I have no official prediction for this fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 15 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

salido is definitely going to gut check garcia...we'll find out what he's made of. garcia is the more technically skilled fighter. both seem to have serious pop. i just want to sit back and enjoy it.

as for golovkin/rosado...i think rosado has come a long way since his loss to angulo....but i still feel he has a lot to learn. he's definitely amped for this fight. watching video of golovkin sparring and who he's sparring...i don't like how he's leaning in so much. that gives me reason for concern. i'm sticking with my pick of golovkin by ko...but i get the feeling rosado is really going to make him work for it. no question about it...the winner of this one will be headed for stardom.

i've not seen enough of martinez or burgos to comment on their bouts.

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 16 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #4

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

Saido-Garcia:

This should be a pretty nice scrap. Salido is on a tear, and Garcia is undefeated. Let's just hope there is a ref with no gambling issues working the fight this time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm also excited to see Triple G in there again. He has been getting a ton of hype since his "coming out party" on HBO some months back. I am one of the one's who think it is well deserved. But only time will tell.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 17 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Southeastpaw @ Jan 16 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Saido-Garcia:

This should be a pretty nice scrap. Salido is on a tear, and Garcia is undefeated. Let's just hope there is a ref with no gambling issues working the fight this time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm also excited to see Triple G in there again. He has been getting a ton of hype since his "coming out party" on HBO some months back. I am one of the one's who think it is well deserved. But only time will tell.

i forgot about that b.s. excuse from juanma. pathetic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Southeastpaw
post Jan 18 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #6

The Analyst

Member No.: 166

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 17 2013, 06:32 PM) *
i forgot about that b.s. excuse from juanma. pathetic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I felt sorry for that ref. But that was one of the funniest things I've heard in a post fight interview. However, if that ref ever makes news in the future for gambling related issues, I'll shite myself.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:48 PM