IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:15PM(ET)/7:15PM(PT) Bradley vs. Provodnikov, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
sduck
post Mar 20 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #221

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

I think some aspects of the boxing world has tarnished respect for Bradley because of the Pacquiao fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 20 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #222

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2013, 12:12 PM) *
I remember them mentioning his weight when he walked to the ring, but did it happen before THIS fight? I wasn't sure I heard them correctly. As much as I want to say that the weight could've been an issue for him in this fight, I'd be wrong.

Any Tom, Dick, and Jane that was swinging as wildly as he was, without ANY head movement, would've had the Bambi legs if one of those Ruslan rockhouse hooks landed.

I believe it was for this fight because he's stated numerous times in the past that he walks around in the 160's.

Physically he looked bigger to me, he looked like he should be competing in a strong man competition instead of a boxing match. I think he was punching with more authority too, but when you swing and load up and you miss those punches and your big ass head is still in the bullseye area, chances are your going to get buzzed more then a few times

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 21 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #223

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 20 2013, 03:21 PM) *
It was reported that he gained weight due to depression form not getting the respect he deserved for beating Manny. Glad he doesn't do drugs. We could have saw an Oliver McCall situation in there.

Definitely buying this. He sounded super sentimental leading up to this fight, talking about athletes folding under expectations and suicide.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 22 2013, 08:18 AM
Post #224

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I NEVER thought I would say this but Timothy Bradley went from being my 2nd most annoying fighter in boxing to gaining a ton of respect from me. #1 As someone who suffered with depression when I was younger, I have tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can candidly admit they considered suicide. There's a lot of people, believe it or not, that say they did but are really just looking for sympathy. Bradley seemed genuine. #2 He clearly wasn't on his A B or even C game. Sometimes you gotta just win ugly. Sometimes the jumpshot isn't falling and you gotta dive for loose balls and rebounds to get a win. That's what he did. He was getting rocked all night. He won off of pure determination, work rate and will. He just simply wanted it more than Ruslan. #3 I was part of the majority that thought he lost that fight vs Manny. That being said, it wasnt as egregious a decision as say the Campillo robbery or the Baby Bull Diaz robbery or the Lara robbery. I didn't think Manny won by any more of a margin than Marquez should have in his 3rd fight with Manny. For him to become boxing's biggest outcast was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for and I place the lion's share of the blame SQUARELY on HBO. More specifically Jim Lampley. Every time Timothy Bradley's name is mentioned, him "robbing" the great Manny Pacquiao is almost a prefix as much as Sir or Mr. I don't think the media realizes the effect and social responsibility it really has. Jim Lampley's blatant nuthuggery of Manny Pacquiao, to the point where it became disgusting, may have cost this man not only the most significant moment of his career but his life. Now is suicide an extreme overreaction? Absolutely. But when you put as much effort into your craft for the opportunity of a lifetime (fighting Manny) and then your biggest dream becomes your worst nightmare, that's enough to break a man down. Even someone as strong willed as Timothy Bradley.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Mar 22 2013, 08:19 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 25 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #225

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2013, 09:18 AM) *
I NEVER thought I would say this but Timothy Bradley went from being my 2nd most annoying fighter in boxing to gaining a ton of respect from me. #1 As someone who suffered with depression when I was younger, I have tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can candidly admit they considered suicide. There's a lot of people, believe it or not, that say they did but are really just looking for sympathy. Bradley seemed genuine. #2 He clearly wasn't on his A B or even C game. Sometimes you gotta just win ugly. Sometimes the jumpshot isn't falling and you gotta dive for loose balls and rebounds to get a win. That's what he did. He was getting rocked all night. He won off of pure determination, work rate and will. He just simply wanted it more than Ruslan. #3 I was part of the majority that thought he lost that fight vs Manny. That being said, it wasnt as egregious a decision as say the Campillo robbery or the Baby Bull Diaz robbery or the Lara robbery. I didn't think Manny won by any more of a margin than Marquez should have in his 3rd fight with Manny. For him to become boxing's biggest outcast was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for and I place the lion's share of the blame SQUARELY on HBO. More specifically Jim Lampley. Every time Timothy Bradley's name is mentioned, him "robbing" the great Manny Pacquiao is almost a prefix as much as Sir or Mr. I don't think the media realizes the effect and social responsibility it really has. Jim Lampley's blatant nuthuggery of Manny Pacquiao, to the point where it became disgusting, may have cost this man not only the most significant moment of his career but his life. Now is suicide an extreme overreaction? Absolutely. But when you put as much effort into your craft for the opportunity of a lifetime (fighting Manny) and then your biggest dream becomes your worst nightmare, that's enough to break a man down. Even someone as strong willed as Timothy Bradley.

Totally agree

I wont lie, I almost teared up during his pre-fight segment. Dudes like Bradley getting sentimental, is a big thing. I thought he was just doing it to save face because of the Pac decision, but that shit was real.

I always find it super funny when you talk about Lampley. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) That dude is a tool at best.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #226

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 20 2013, 11:22 PM) *
I think some aspects of the boxing world has tarnished respect for Bradley because of the Pacquiao fight.

i believe boxing has been tarnished by rabid pacquiao fans...hbo/lampley/merchant included.

roy jones had it right...bradley is a true champion.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #227

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 20 2013, 11:23 PM) *
I believe it was for this fight because he's stated numerous times in the past that he walks around in the 160's.

Physically he looked bigger to me, he looked like he should be competing in a strong man competition instead of a boxing match. I think he was punching with more authority too, but when you swing and load up and you miss those punches and your big ass head is still in the bullseye area, chances are your going to get buzzed more then a few times

true dat. plus taking off all that weight in a short period of time isn't good either.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #228

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 21 2013, 01:31 AM) *
Definitely buying this. He sounded super sentimental leading up to this fight, talking about athletes folding under expectations and suicide.

damn. i missed all of that.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 25 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #229

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 22 2013, 09:18 AM) *

amen.

i have said it time and time again....lampley and merchant have shit on ppls careers repeatedly over the years and it is wrong! it's why i have disdain for these armchair quarterbacks and their agendas. there are plenty of internet hacks to do the same on a lower level. when i hear fans repeating their bullshit i have to laugh. i also make it a point to paint a different picture or give them a different perspective on what they believe to be truth. hbo has been bad for boxing precisely because of this for quite some time.

i've always liked bradley. i've always recognized his abilities and i realized a long time ago that he was something special. the fact that he did not fold under all this pressure speaks volumes imo. hopefully he doesn't sacrifice any more of himself to appease the piece of shits like lampley and kellerman. fuck making the gatti list and fuck lampley, merchant, kellerman and the piece of shit speaking to them in the ear piece.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 25 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #230

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 25 2013, 05:18 PM) *
amen.

i have said it time and time again....lampley and merchant have shit on ppls careers repeatedly over the years and it is wrong! it's why i have disdain for these armchair quarterbacks and their agendas. there are plenty of internet hacks to do the same on a lower level. when i hear fans repeating their bullshit i have to laugh. i also make it a point to paint a different picture or give them a different perspective on what they believe to be truth. hbo has been bad for boxing precisely because of this for quite some time.

i've always liked bradley. i've always recognized his abilities and i realized a long time ago that he was something special. the fact that he did not fold under all this pressure speaks volumes imo. hopefully he doesn't sacrifice any more of himself to appease the piece of shits like lampley and kellerman. fuck making the gatti list and fuck lampley, merchant, kellerman and the piece of shit speaking to them in the ear piece.

I smiled from ear to ear when Andre Ward said "No offense but, I don't want to be on the Gatti List." I get that people want to see blows traded but every fight can't be Gatti v Ward. The more fighters are bred for fights like that, the further the deterioration and elimination of skilled fighters becomes ever prevalent. The Sweet Science is gradually become Bitter Mathematics. Who can punch the most and the hardest. I know people want to see exciting fights, but don't we also want to see the skills that these guys get paid to hone? I mean we pay hard earned money to see guys whose sole livelihood is boxing. Then, instead of seeing a fighter with refined, cultivated skills, I see guys brawling like someone televised Bum Fights. It's like Hip-Hop. In the 90's, you had a few gimmick rappers but for the most part, to be recognized, you had to be good. Now, EVERYONE pretty much follows the "cheesy way out" route. Also, like hip-hop, everyone is allowed to have their preferences. That being said, real is always supposed to recognize real. You pay homage to greatness and true talent, regardless if it's your cup of tea. I grew up in NY. I'm a huge fan of Jay-Z. I never was really big on Pac. That being said, I'm not going to act like Pac is wack or try to downplay how nice he was. I'm not going to shit on his accomplishments or downplay his impact on the culture. I feel HBO tries to shit on anything that isn't Larry Merchant style boxing. If you aren't beating each other to a bloody pulp. If you aren't trying to take a guy's head off with every punch. If you don't allow yourself to be pummeled to a bloody pulp. Then you aren't a good boxer. Ironically, none of that shit has anything to do with boxing. That's brawling. Like Apollo Creed said in Rocky 3, there's a difference between someone who fights great and a great fighter!

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:41 PM