IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> stop with the talk of nonito donaire being P4P, until he proves he's the best in his division
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 03:34 PM) *
I'll say it again but in terms you can understand my friend. Nishioka has done more than the Cuban Prune and has certainly earned it. Shop worn or not Marquez still has a pulse. Nishioka confused and baffled a war veteran and fighter who always brings hell to any fighter on the other side of the ring. Nishioka defeated a good fighter in Gonzalez and defeated a very underated, terrific fighter in Veeraphol Sahaprom. Skillwise? Donaire is more skilled because he's faced different types of styles and better opposition. The Cuban Prune hasn't faced a fighter that can allow me to say..oh he has skills and he can take on Donaire. Your giving The Cuban Prune more than he can chew. Amateur experience is different than pro, if you guys want Rigo to taste defeat early in his late career then fine. Donaire isn't the right tree to be barking up against, let The Cuban Prune face someone like Vazquez Jr. or the winner of Mares/Moreno before he can face the Filipino Flash.

wow. he resorted to name calling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that oozes class.

for the record...marquez turned down a fight with rigondeaux before nishioka beat him. imo, rigondeaux ko's nishioka, marquez, vasquez and gonzalez. i get that you're a big donaire fan. i am too...i'm just not the type to have blind devotion for any fighter. your post sounds more like you are butt hurt that people want him to face rigondeaux. if he is indeed all you believe him to be...rigondeaux should be an easy pay day for him. i think u know he isn't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 04:24 PM) *
Wow...you guys sound like the Floyd Haters or the Martinez haters. The guys keeps beating quality opposition in front of him and then you call in the next guy to say he should beat before you say p4p. SMH. When he does beat Rigo you all will say he needs to fight Chris John or Caballero to be p4p. Boxing fans are so finicky maybe not as finicky as casual fans.

both are too high in weight. he should just focus on proving he's the best in the 122 division. i'd be convinced with a win over rigondeaux or mares. nothing extra needed.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 16 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 09:24 PM) *
Wow...you guys sound like the Floyd Haters or the Martinez haters. The guys keeps beating quality opposition in front of him and then you call in the next guy to say he should beat before you say p4p. SMH. When he does beat Rigo you all will say he needs to fight Chris John or Caballero to be p4p. Boxing fans are so finicky maybe not as finicky as casual fans.

that's exactly what it is, i hate donaire so much, and am on these boards to smear his good name. but realistically the p4p list has been getting on my nerves for a while, so fuck it. but to the matter at hand, when donaire only has half the title in his class, and tries to call that undisputed you know he's trying to sell something.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #24

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 04:48 PM) *
wow. he resorted to name calling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) that oozes class.

for the record...marquez turned down a fight with rigondeaux before nishioka beat him. imo, rigondeaux ko's nishioka, marquez, vasquez and gonzalez. i get that you're a big donaire fan. i am too...i'm just not the type to have blind devotion for any fighter. your post sounds more like you are butt hurt that people want him to face rigondeaux. if he is indeed all you believe him to be...rigondeaux should be an easy pay day for him. i think u know he isn't.

I'm not name calling, he is a prune. Just like a prune, good for you (the fans), healthy (for the sport), brings something to the table, is old (prune's are one of the oldest fruits in the world). I'm not denying he's a good fighter but he is not worthy to face Donaire off the basis of his win over Ramos and Robert. Those are his best wins but compared to Donaire's accomplishments its like comparing Ice Cream cake to cornbread. I think Rigo stops all the people you said except gonzalez. Donaire wants the fight but he thinks like most logical people do what has Rigo done to garner a fight? Let Rigo fight the winner of Mares/Moreno and then maybe Vazquez Jr or Gonzalez then we can talk Donaire vs Rigondeaux.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 16 2012, 06:47 PM) *
that's exactly what it is, i hate donaire so much, and am on these boards to smear his good name. but realistically the p4p list has been getting on my nerves for a while, so fuck it. but to the matter at hand, when donaire only has half the title in his class, and tries to call that undisputed you know he's trying to sell something.

totally forgot about that bullshit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) and leave it to hbo to shit on anyone they don't deem a champion by calling them 'belt holders' and then using misleading language like...the unified champ...and putting him at the top of the heap as if he were unified. maybe casual fans buy that bullshit but i don't.

still...can anyone please inform me when nishioka became the best in the division!? was it when he beat a shop worn beyond past it rafa marquez after his four wars with vasquez? was it when he beat jhonny gonzalez? help me out...i want understanding. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) is he the best because some shills were paid to say so?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 07:05 PM) *
I'm not name calling, he is a prune. Just like a prune, good for you (the fans), healthy (for the sport), brings something to the table, is old (prune's are one of the oldest fruits in the world). I'm not denying he's a good fighter but he is not worthy to face Donaire off the basis of his win over Ramos and Robert. Those are his best wins but compared to Donaire's accomplishments its like comparing Ice Cream cake to cornbread. I think Rigo stops all the people you said except gonzalez. Donaire wants the fight but he thinks like most logical people do what has Rigo done to garner a fight? Let Rigo fight the winner of Mares/Moreno and then maybe Vazquez Jr or Gonzalez then we can talk Donaire vs Rigondeaux.

what did rafael concepcion, manuel vargas, volomir sydorenko, omar narvaez (114lb fighter), wv2 and jeffery mathebula do to get their shots? who did they beat? what were their magnificent accomplishments?

do they just give out olympic gold medals? how many 2 time gold medal winners have there been in boxing that went on to win a world championship in the pro ranks?

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #27

Featherweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 16 2012, 06:47 PM) *

That last statement maybe the truest thing you said but it doesn't knock off the fact that he beat a top guy in his class, a guy who hasn't lost in 8 years. Donaire is the man at the weight, like it or not. Rigo is just a guy with good skills and a deep amateur experience who happens to start late in his career. In the end of the day we will see who is the guy at 122 and like I been said it's always been Donaire.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 16 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #28

Featherweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 16 2012, 07:16 PM) *
what did rafael concepcion, manuel vargas, volomir sydorenko, omar narvaez (114lb fighter), wv2 and jeffery mathebula do to get their shots? who did they beat? what were their magnificent accomplishments?

do they just give out olympic gold medals? how many 2 time gold medal winners have there been in boxing that went on to win a world championship in the pro ranks?

I can name alot of them...there's Ward, Gamboa, Ali, Wlad, Both of the Spinks', DelaHoya, etc. WV2 was a former champ and came off a fight he was winning even though he lost (that one is understandable to not be worthy of a fight), Jeffrey is a champion and brought a different test to Donaire, Omare (understandable), but let's not forget he fought Montiel, Vic, Nishi, Tyson Marquez etc.

Now the Cuban who has he beaten? Rico Ramos, Robert Marroquin and Teon Kennedy? The hell is that? Donaire's mop ups whoops all of Rigo's mop ups hands down. How about he fights Agbek who called him out last month and even dared him to fight him. That would be the best way at this point to see where The Jackal is at. Until then Donaire is p4p and has done more.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 16 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Who has Donaire beat? Montiel? That was a nice knockout, but no. Niskioka? Not great. The only credit I give him, is the Vasquez Jr. fight, and the Darchinyan fight. Rigo has beaten Ramos, Marroquin, and Kennedy...two of the 3 of those fights were on big cards. So at this point, Donaire's name is just being pushed more than Rigo's.

Donaire's name has just been attached to Pacquiao's name because of his background and so on. Nonito has failed to make the most of it. The only 2 things that he has has in common with Manny is that, they're both Filipino, Arum runs them, and neither of them are good with contracts.

Remember how Nonito thought his contract was up and he was ready to jump ship? Little did he know, that 1-year "gotcha bitch!" extension was in his contract, hence why he's still with Arum fighting near no-hopers who are afraid to fight back, but he isn't good enough to embarrass them at will.

Rigo is at least able to stay in one division and make something happen, unlike a guy who keeps moving up and "running through" these no-hopers, and claiming that he cant find an opponent. As a matter of fact, I don't even know why fans HOPE for Donaire to fight a top level fighter, when that old wind bag is pulling the strings for him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 16 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 16 2012, 07:47 PM) *
I can name alot of them...there's Ward, Gamboa, Ali, Wlad, Both of the Spinks', DelaHoya, etc. WV2 was a former champ and came off a fight he was winning even though he lost (that one is understandable to not be worthy of a fight), Jeffrey is a champion and brought a different test to Donaire, Omare (understandable), but let's not forget he fought Montiel, Vic, Nishi, Tyson Marquez etc.

Now the Cuban who has he beaten? Rico Ramos, Robert Marroquin and Teon Kennedy? The hell is that? Donaire's mop ups whoops all of Rigo's mop ups hands down. How about he fights Agbek who called him out last month and even dared him to fight him. That would be the best way at this point to see where The Jackal is at. Until then Donaire is p4p and has done more.

none of those guys are 2-TIME GOLD MEDALIST....but that is a very impressive list! seems to me rigondeaux is in the company of greatness. thanks for pointing that out!

i'd love to see rigondeaux/agbeko. i didn't hear about him calling out rigondeaux...do u have a source?

if he should beat agbeko...that pretty much trumps donaires last 4 wins.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:20 AM