IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Algieri vs. Pac: I though GB and TR were working together, Can't make this stuff up
BrutUalBK
post Aug 9 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #61

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 9 2014, 08:50 PM) *
Jack no! Manny will win on points. No way Arum cashes in Pac for the likes of Chris. Chris has to completely dominate Manny for the scores to even be close. I think Pac catches him but Chris has heart so anything can happen. I know Roach is a little pissed because Manny wants to continue to play with his country's basketball team so who the hell knows what type of mindset Manny will be in. Plus, the fight for November will be Hopkins and the Krusher. Manny and Chris is a shit fight but not worse than Salka and Garcia.

This!! It is highly unlikely that CA scores a knockdown and most definitely not a KO, so he is going to have to win so obviously and leave no doubt so they won't rob him. The Salka fight was a total joke and a waste of time for DG, we should've been watching DG vs AB or DG vs LP.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 10 2014, 12:37 AM
Post #62

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Aug 9 2014, 10:22 PM) *
This!! It is highly unlikely that CA scores a knockdown and most definitely not a KO, so he is going to have to win so obviously and leave no doubt so they won't rob him. The Salka fight was a total joke and a waste of time for DG, we should've been watching DG vs AB or DG vs LP.

Yea,

It sure seams that way that the house fighter would get the nod and Manny is the star. But there is a flip-side. Remember Bradley-Pacquiao I. Bradley never really had a personality although he does many things well. You got a slick ultra determined come-from-behind Rocky type guy in Chris Algeri with a strong educational background, a very people-pleasing kind of guy. The stuff that makes Jim Lampley go "Ga-Ga." I mean, Lamps goes "Ga-Ga" and shakes his pom-poms whenever Manny fights, we all know that. But think if Manny got robbed in losing to a nice, clean, educated dude, to set up a rematch, which Manny wins easily the second time.

It's easier to go "Ga-Ga" over Chris Algeri than for Tim Bradley, and we saw what happened to Bradley. I would still say a 60% or higher shot that you guys are right. Manny gets almost all close rounds. But there is that 40% that says Arum might want to market Chris' good looks and personality for a Manny rematch. Chris could become very wealthy over a two-fight series with Manny. I wonder if there is a rematch clause?

I might post this again when we come closer to fight time in the Preview Thread. but it's something to think about.

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 10 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #63

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The reach IMO isn't the issue, Morales had just as long reach and he was stopped. I think Pac chases around for the KO its going to be a long night for him. But if he touches chrises body early with that straight left and keeps it up. While Pac has seen speed like Chris's and even faster in terms of Khan in sparring. Chris hasnt

+Quote Post
sduck
post Yesterday, 07:10 AM
Post #64

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Pacquiao is going to destroy this dude. Algieri has no chance of getting a decision, evidence from the Bradley fights, Pacquiao fighting a 'nobody' gives him that complete star look, where everyone pays attention to what HE does and not the other guy.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Post #65

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If you guys buy this shit...yall are beyond dedicated boxing fans. That's like getting an oil change on a car that just got totaled. You know it ain't gonna do shit for you but you still spending money. I'm just pissed because this shit is going to be so bad that I can't even resort to the old "yo you should order the Pacquiao fight. I'll pay for the food" trick I pull on my boy. He's not THAT damn gullible. lol

This post has been edited by Franchize: Yesterday, 11:49 AM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 01:10 PM