IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Too Much Trash-Talking and Not Enough Fighting in The Ring, it's all getting a little old really quick....
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 29 2013, 05:51 PM) *
at best....mayweathers shit talk is pathetic.

I agree that it's significantly declined over the years. The funniest and harshest trash talk had to be the venom that he directed towards Shane and Oscar. At that point, his trash talk was personal, not as witty, but personal and believable to say the least.

This whole, "I'm getting older now" mess is killing his buzz. His last two opponents and upcoming opponent has given him nothing to say. Well, now that I think about it, if he's supposed to be the trash talker, then he should have many things to say about them.

Oh well, I agree with you though...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 03:45 PM) *
I agree that it's significantly declined over the years. The funniest and harshest trash talk had to be the venom that he directed towards Shane and Oscar. At that point, his trash talk was personal, not as witty, but personal and believable to say the least.

This whole, "I'm getting older now" mess is killing his buzz. His last two opponents and upcoming opponent has given him nothing to say. Well, now that I think about it, if he's supposed to be the trash talker, then he should have many things to say about them.

Oh well, I agree with you though...

I don't know Guerrero gives him so much ammunition but I swear Mayweather keeps trying to come off as a mix of Jesus/Jay-Z

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 1 2013, 10:56 AM) *
I don't know Guerrero gives him so much ammunition but I swear Mayweather keeps trying to come off as a mix of Jesus/Jay-Z

Exactly, that's where that whole "I'm getting older" mess is coming from. I'm not sure how promotionally motivated he is for this fight...it's almost like he wants to come and go, so he can move on to other things. Now that think about it, he's really seemed kinda in-and-out since the Showtime deal...as if he's upset and know that he has to fight on a schedule now.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 1 2013, 12:32 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 08:05 AM) *
Exactly, that's where that whole "I'm getting older" mess is coming from. I'm not sure how promotionally motivated he is for this fight...it's almost like he wants to come and go, so he can move on to other things. Now that think about it, he's really seemed kinda in-and-out since the Showtime deal...as if he's upset and know that he has to fight on a schedule now.

I look at his persona a little differently. May has spent his entire career being a bad guy. He now wants to be loved and adored. He is tired of playing the heavy which is why I think he has let Guerrero talk all the shit in the world. He wants people to dislike Guerrero and frankly Guerrero rubs me the wring way. The way he acted after he fought Berto was the deal breaker. It really pissed me off. I just think May wants to be the good guy. During his interview with Stephen A. Bitch, he actually was about to cry when he talked of his jail term. He spoke about his kids and all that shit. So he wants to switch sides. His Oscar and Shane rants were classic!!!!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 1 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Ali was freaking amazing with his talk, there YouTube video highlights of his trash talk, that's how good he was lol

Idk i thought mayweathers been clowning Robert but I guess that isn't much to be proud of

Paulie is pretty good, he verbally ran circles around Thurman in that post fight conference

like ms jackson's last rant on 360....mayweathers shit is scripted.

thing about paulie is it's all off the cuff. he's quick witted.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 1 2013, 01:45 AM) *
I Never say never. Anything can happen

with the simpletons in the game already trying to duplicate floyd who is basically doing a severely watered down version of ali...i'll stick to my never. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 1 2013, 10:56 AM) *

jay-sus? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 06:48 PM) *

*clapping* haha

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 1 2013, 01:32 PM) *
I look at his persona a little differently. May has spent his entire career being a bad guy. He now wants to be loved and adored. He is tired of playing the heavy which is why I think he has let Guerrero talk all the shit in the world. He wants people to dislike Guerrero and frankly Guerrero rubs me the wring way. The way he acted after he fought Berto was the deal breaker. It really pissed me off. I just think May wants to be the good guy. During his interview with Stephen A. Bitch, he actually was about to cry when he talked of his jail term. He spoke about his kids and all that shit. So he wants to switch sides. His Oscar and Shane rants were classic!!!!!!

That's quite a daunting task with such fickle boxing fans nowadays....I hope it works out for him.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 1 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 07:16 PM) *
That's quite a daunting task with such fickle boxing fans nowadays....I hope it works out for him.

I don't understand why he wants to do that, it's way more fun being the bad guy, in anythinggg.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 01:55 AM