Reply to this topicStart new topic
> props to floyd mayweather jr for keeping it classy
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

after last weeks fiasco with the press conferences and autograph signings, i was expecting the worst this week. ruben guerrero went on his tirade and floyd jr kept it classy. well played. as for floyd sr and ruben...no one wants to see their old asses fight. it's not about them. it's about floyd and robert. the cool head prevailed. it reminded me of when roger jumped into the ring after zab hit floyd with a low blow followed by a rabbit punch. things got nasty and floyd could have made it worse but he stood cool and calm in the corner. calm under pressure is what it's all about and floyd exhibited that on a very high level today.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 08:37 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man Ruben and Sr. are too funny! That shit is almost worse than Sr. and Roach trying to get their words out while arguing like an old married couple. I cant talk bad about Ruben, when I thoroughly enjoy Angel Garcia's antics...both of those dudes are crazy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Floyd has something up his sleeve...he's been awfully "humble-acting" lately. I cant wait to see how Guerrero starts after the opening bell.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Man Ruben and Sr. are too funny! That shit is almost worse than Sr. and Roach trying to get their words out while arguing like an old married couple. I cant talk bad about Ruben, when I thoroughly enjoy Angel Garcia's antics...both of those dudes are crazy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think Floyd has something up his sleeve...he's been awfully "humble-acting" lately. I cant wait to see how Guerrero starts after the opening bell.

what angel does is brilliant. what ruben is doing is mindless/classless.

floyd sr is comical with his poems...but i guess it's all meant to agitate.

i think floyd jr is the reason floyd sr is laying low.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 1 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ May 1 2013, 09:53 PM) *
what angel does is brilliant. what ruben is doing is mindless/classless.

floyd sr is comical with his poems...but i guess it's all meant to agitate.

i think floyd jr is the reason floyd sr is laying low.

Hell, at this point, Ruben can let it all hang out for all I care. The buzz for this fight has been nonexistent, so a little late tomfoolery wont hurt. Honestly, at least all of them can keep their composure to a certain degree.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 1 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 1 2013, 09:56 PM) *
Hell, at this point, Ruben can let it all hang out for all I care. The buzz for this fight has been nonexistent, so a little late tomfoolery wont hurt. Honestly, at least all of them can keep their composure to a certain degree.

the way i see it...

if you've been partying hard every single weekend leading up to the big ball...you're going to wear yourself out eventually. i think what they did was great for the fans by having these back to back shows....but in all honesty...they should have built up the anticipation for this one. giving us great fights to hold us over didn't exactly work. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i'm not complaining though. i'm pumped for this weekend.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 1 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

at least ruben is promoting the fight

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 1 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

(sigh) Rembering the days when fighters would be this entertaining with each other at these pressers, now people from the old school not even involved in the fight trying to bring it to the new smh. Oh well, guess I can live with the "David Haye Glassed Me" for a couple more years lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 1 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ May 1 2013, 11:39 PM) *
(sigh) Rembering the days when fighters would be this entertaining with each other at these pressers, now people from the old school not even involved in the fight trying to bring it to the new smh. Oh well, guess I can live with the "David Haye Glassed Me" for a couple more years lol

LMAOOOOOO That was a classic

+Quote Post
hitman
post May 1 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,342

what could he say? ruben spoke the truth.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 2 2013, 02:22 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (hitman @ May 2 2013, 12:52 AM) *
what could he say? ruben spoke the truth.

Exactly. Mayweather brought up the whole Marilyn Monroe picture and called Guerrero a hypocrite. So the Guerrero's called him on it. You cant be a spokeman for the sanctity of Guerrero's marriage with that arrest on your record. It all makes for good theater and sells the fight.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 10:47 AM