> Ortiz's future after the fight
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 23 2011, 06:47 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 23 2011, 07:18 AM) *
Already rationalizing an FMJ loss? That's pretty pathetic.

My floydie gonna woop dat ass! But if he gets beat by anyone, it don't count for nothin' cause it be tainted. My Floydie gettin' real old and he haint fighted in sooo long that a loss don't even count no more. It be a tainted victory and my Floydie keep his 0 all the same, cause it aint fair.

STFU. FMJ's 34.

Lls!

He's talking about the retired version at 37....hahaha
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 23 2011, 07:32 AM
Post #12

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Aug 23 2011, 12:14 AM) *
What planet are you on dude?.... What makes you remotely think an undefeated fighter who, when he gets in deep water, turns the fight around and breaks down his opponent like no other,.... would quit?

However, Floyed is not unbeatable for sure.

I think Ortiz' future would depend on HOW this fight plays out rather than the actuall outcome.

Here are a couple examples:
1.) Floyed beats him from round 1 to finish weather by decision or knockout = Ortiz losses belt, but not much stock. In fact, even with a loss to Floyed (as expected) he is going to raise notoriety.
2.) Floyed beats him by close decsion = this would be tremendous for Ortiz. If he could lose but look good doing it, it would still put him in postion for a championship fight or the Pac/ Floyed winner.... pending his performance till that point.
3.) Ortiz win by big KO punch at any point in the fight = Sure this would be bad for Floyed's pulling power at the negotiating table, BUT IT STILL WOULDNT DERAIL A PAC FIGHT! Remember Floyed has the draw and even though half of the people tune in just to see this type of ending for him, he would pull the ultimate comeback story and could still sell the Pac fight fairly easy. Ortiz may be known as the guy who knocked out Floyed Mayweather and caused his first loss but it would equal only too Buster and Tyson type of ending.
4.) Ortiz wins by clear decision = shock to the entire boxing community and would be the best way to create stock for himself. Though this would be far stretched to the imagination, it would ultimately be what he needs to accell his star status. Floyed, the boxer out-outboxed by the slugger Ortiz... huge for him and could easily make any fight he would want I think.

In any event of a win for Ortiz, we are looking at the fighter of the year hands down and an even brighter future for the young champion.

Floyd has been in deep water once in his career, against Castillo. And in the moment of truth, after his uncle beseeched him to "get the round big", he ran. Mayweather doesn't like punishment. He'll quit if he can no longer make his opponent miss.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 08:05 AM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 07:00 AM) *
if he won. mayweather would rematch and woop his ass.lightening does not strike in the same place twice or something like that. also if he won i can think of a couple of reasons that he would win, mayweathers lay offs would be taken into account and the fact hes 37. just seems that anyone that beats him now it will seem like a tainted victory.

Mayweather's 37 years old?! Where have I been? I know his long layoffs throw the public off, but c'mon man. And yes, lightning does strike twice...ask my satellite dish on the roof. As a matter of fact, ask Shane "Nosely" who his first 4 losses came in the hands of...two people (Forrest and Wright), since you dont even know how old your favorite fighter is. You have the opportunity to look this stuff up before you post it man...

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/SMH.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 23 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 23 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Already rationalizing an FMJ loss? That's pretty pathetic.

My floydie gonna woop dat ass! But if he gets beat by anyone, it don't count for nothin' cause it be tainted. My Floydie gettin' real old and he haint fighted in sooo long that a loss don't even count no more. It be a tainted victory and my Floydie keep his 0 all the same, cause it aint fair.

STFU. FMJ's 34.

i made a mistake with the age. boo fucking hoo. doesnt make my point wrong.

your just another keyboard warrior. how you guna shut me up hit me with the keyboard?

and to anybody else saying crap about hes my favourite fighter. hes far from it. am just statin what can be taken into account.

sure shane mosley lost to two people twice. but there not the same fighter. Floyd obvious lost to castillo the first fight but definitley beat him the second fight.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Aug 23 2011, 10:03 AM

+Quote Post
jimmygootz
post Aug 23 2011, 10:46 AM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 12,673

Win: Pacquiao in May '12

Loss: Maidana (fingers-crossed)

Assuming he doesn't look like Baldomir in there and he can get to Floyd a little, I think he walks out of this fight a better boxer and more confident - even with a loss. His only real shot is a KO, which he's just not polished enough to do against the best defensive guy since sweet pea.

Mayweather could be coming apart at the seems a little; 24/7 just caught him in the nastiest verbal confrontation with Papa Mayweather. People, we have drama...believe it or not

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #16

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 23 2011, 07:32 AM) *
Floyd has been in deep water once in his career, against Castillo. And in the moment of truth, after his uncle beseeched him to "get the round big", he ran. Mayweather doesn't like punishment. He'll quit if he can no longer make his opponent miss.

Floyd was hurt much worse by Corley as well as Mosley, he stayed right in the pocket and fought. Emanuel Agustus gave him a rough fight, he stayed right in there and slugged it out and stopped him. Floyd is no coward, not to say that if he had to move to survive a rough moment he wouldn't. The guy is one of the smartest fighters I've ever seen, he does what he needs to win. He's never quit, the guy broke his hand took a knee and won the fight with one hand. Obviously you need to spend a little youtube time revisiting the guys career, at least boxrec time to realize he's 42-0 with no losses, obviously he's never quit. Supposedly he tore his rotator cuff and still moved up and fought Castillo, had a bad performance and immediately rematched him.

No need to ride dick but at least give the guy his just due

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 09:48 AM) *
i made a mistake with the age. boo fucking hoo. doesnt make my point wrong.

your just another keyboard warrior. how you guna shut me up hit me with the keyboard?

and to anybody else saying crap about hes my favourite fighter. hes far from it. am just statin what can be taken into account.

sure shane mosley lost to two people twice. but there not the same fighter. Floyd obvious lost to castillo the first fight but definitley beat him the second fight.

he obviously didn't lose because he's undefeated. It was a close fight, judges saw the way they saw it.

How would it be tainted?? The guys never lost and has had some pretty one-sided wins recently and has never shown any ring rust after a long layoff, smoked Marquez after 21/mo. If he loses he lost to a fighter that was better than him on that night

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 23 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 23 2011, 05:09 PM) *
he obviously didn't lose because he's undefeated. It was a close fight, judges saw the way they saw it.

How would it be tainted?? The guys never lost and has had some pretty one-sided wins recently and has never shown any ring rust after a long layoff, smoked Marquez after 21/mo. If he loses he lost to a fighter that was better than him on that night

the judges saw it how they saw it and the fans see it how they see it. am sure plenty of people on here would agree he should of lost that fight. and that's right he hasn't shown ring rust against a competitor moving up two weight classes to fight him. but hes also older now. for Ortiz if he won i would definitely give him credit for it, i just can't see it happen over 12 rounds. If he did win, there's no way he could do it again. no am not a fan of Mayweather, but realistically does Ortiz have a chance? He has somewhat higher punchers chance than most fighters.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 23 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 23 2011, 11:18 AM) *
the judges saw it how they saw it and the fans see it how they see it. am sure plenty of people on here would agree he should of lost that fight. and that's right he hasn't shown ring rust against a competitor moving up two weight classes to fight him. but hes also older now. for Ortiz if he won i would definitely give him credit for it, i just can't see it happen over 12 rounds. If he did win, there's no way he could do it again. no am not a fan of Mayweather, but realistically does Ortiz have a chance? He has somewhat higher punchers chance than most fighters.

Unfortunately fans don't decide the outcome of a fight, judges do. I dont think it was obvious that he won the fight, i thought it was close and scored it 113-113.

he didn't look rusty after 9mo off fighting Mosley either, who was the #1 WW and coming off a huge win. Mayweather chose to stay out of the ring and if he loses he gets no sympathy from me. 41 have tried and 41 have failed, if 42 prevails than 42 was better on September 17th

I don't think Ortiz wins but lesser fighters have given Mayweather problems, no reason to believe Ortiz couldn't do the same.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 23 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Like I said earlier, Ortiz can only hope to not lose in a humiliating fashion...by way of getting outgunned all night or possibly getting stopped by Floyd. Getting stopped in my opinion would be worse for him, because Floyd hasn't knocked anybody out the last 4 years, so Ortiz will have to deal with the ridicule from other fighters, if he gets stopped. If he hurts Floyd, or knocks him down once or twice, then he doesn't have to do anything else right for the rest of the night...he can go out any way he wants then.

He can be guaranteed that his stock is going to shoot up, if such events occur...simply because he was able to get to Mayweather and make him look bad for a second. Hell, he did it to Berto, but Berto has been down before. Floyd's been in there with enough Ortiz-like fighters, but Ortiz hasn't been in there with any Floyd-like fighters. Oh wait...I almost forgot how Lamont Peterson got out of trouble and outgunned Ortiz and fought to a draw (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:18 PM