IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's lookin like Broner vs. Demarco, not Guerrero...
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

What I dont understand about the Broner Fan Logic is:

They'll go right along with what he says about his opponents being "bums" and not on his level, but yet, he beats the guys and people crown him the next big superstar.

Im sure we all agree that its easy to look good against a lesser, but how much credit can he get for beating bums? Sure cant be one of the greats at that pace. Just my opinion though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 9 2012, 07:49 PM) *
What I dont understand about the Broner Fan Logic is:

They'll go right along with what he says about his opponents being "bums" and not on his level, but yet, he beats the guys and people crown him the next big superstar.

Im sure we all agree that its easy to look good against a lesser, but how much credit can he get for beating bums? Sure cant be one of the greats at that pace. Just my opinion though.

broner has taken floyds blueprint and will ride it til the wheels fall off.

here's the forumula. discredit the opponent....once u beat him, praise him and say..."it was all part of selling the fight." all will be forgiven.

demarco is no bum and a ko win over him will be very impressive. hell....a win would be impressive. he's no slouch. with that being said...i'm thinking broner is going to stop demarco. one thing is for sure...demarco will go out on his shield. he ain't coming to lose.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Oct 21 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

We all know DeMarco is no bum, but the real question, is... Will he be able to break through Broner's defense? Personally, I think that'll be the difference in the fight.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 21 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #44

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2012, 01:20 PM) *
broner has taken floyds blueprint and will ride it til the wheels fall off.

here's the forumula. discredit the opponent....once u beat him, praise him and say..."it was all part of selling the fight." all will be forgiven.

demarco is no bum and a ko win over him will be very impressive. hell....a win would be impressive. he's no slouch. with that being said...i'm thinking broner is going to stop demarco. one thing is for sure...demarco will go out on his shield. he ain't coming to lose.

u ain't lying and i can see his critics saying he hasn't fought anybody

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 21 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Oct 21 2012, 11:17 AM) *
We all know DeMarco is no bum, but the real question, is... Will he be able to break through Broner's defense? Personally, I think that'll be the difference in the fight.

Demarco is a quality fighter a champion and a extremely strong puncher. This would be a quality win for broner especially for his first fight going up in weight.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Oct 21 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #46

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 21 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Demarco is a quality fighter a champion and a extremely strong puncher. This would be a quality win for broner especially for his first fight going up in weight.

I agree, that's why I assume this fight will be a steppin' stone for Broner. I'm just curious to see how DeMarco will handle Broner's defense. Both fighters have their advantages and disadvantages comin' into this fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 25 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

after giving this more consideration....i think demarco poses a bigger risk than i initially thought. he's very tall...and he's southpaw. he's dealt with speed and aggression (for the most part) from guys like valero and linares. he was stopped by valero who we know was a pretty big puncher...but he hung with him most of the way and he pulled out the victory late against linares. the only southpaw i've seen broner in with was ponce deleon who is a much smaller guy...and way slow, but he can crack. i stopped watching after five rounds...but i was told broner got all he could handle in the later rounds and many thought he lost to ponce deleon. this is going to be a pretty damn good fight. the more i think about it...the more excited i get.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 26 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 25 2012, 09:55 PM) *
after giving this more consideration....i think demarco poses a bigger risk than i initially thought. he's very tall...and he's southpaw. he's dealt with speed and aggression (for the most part) from guys like valero and linares. he was stopped by valero who we know was a pretty big puncher...but he hung with him most of the way and he pulled out the victory late against linares. the only southpaw i've seen broner in with was ponce deleon who is a much smaller guy...and way slow, but he can crack. i stopped watching after five rounds...but i was told broner got all he could handle in the later rounds and many thought he lost to ponce deleon. this is going to be a pretty damn good fight. the more i think about it...the more excited i get.

Couldn't agree with you more. With a puncher like demarco this becomes interesting, I think broners defence will be the difference but demarco can definitely hurt broner. But I'm curious to see how strong broner looks at 135

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 26 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #49

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

Demarco is not that much of a puncher. good power not great. it will be interesting but if broner is who they say he is then it will be an somewhat easy fight for him. Valero had his way with demarco and if linares had something resembling a chin and stamina he would have got through with a UD. demarco is too easily hit. I have seen Demarco live a few times and the only thing that impresses me is his never give up attitude.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 26 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Oct 26 2012, 12:45 PM) *
Demarco is not that much of a puncher. good power not great. it will be interesting but if broner is who they say he is then it will be an somewhat easy fight for him. Valero had his way with demarco and if linares had something resembling a chin and stamina he would have got through with a UD. demarco is too easily hit. I have seen Demarco live a few times and the only thing that impresses me is his never give up attitude.

one thing is for sure....he isn't going out like escobedo. i expect him to lay it all on the line.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:44 AM