Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evans vs the Dragon
AussieLad
post May 11 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

This is one of those fights that could be really boring, if your only in it for the KO's and broken limbs. Its a shame the rampage fight wasnt made for some, and in Rampages own words, "Black on Black crime"... LOL. First time i heard him use that line was just after he fucked up Marvin the Beastman Eastman

Machida is a highly technical striker, probably the best in the UFC behind Silva. He is the epitoime of hit and not get hit, having absorbed the least strikes of anyone in the ufc considering how many fights he has been in. I think statistically they have shown he only gets hit once every 2 minutes. He has looked impressive stopping his last 2 opponents, but this is a title fight so i expect him to be cautious

Rashad has the speed to land, and the power to make it count, but he likes to counter. I can see Machida building up a big points lead, darting in with leg kicks and darting out and circling. There will have to come a point where rashad has to stamp his authority on the fight or lose on the cards, and that is where this will get interesting. He will go for the take down.

When he does, one of 3 things is gonna happen. He is either going to be succcessfull and ground and pound machida, or he is going to get caught and put away, or Machida will stuff the takedown and resume picking him apart from the outside. I'm thinking its number 3.

I'm liking Machida in this, either on points or stoppage.

This post has been edited by AussieLad: May 11 2009, 02:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 11 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

at first i was picking machida but i have put much thought into this and i think evans aggression is gonna win him the fight...

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 12 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

You thinking on points or by stoppage.

I dont see him winning on points against a guy as elusive as machida, he's gonna need to ground and pound him similar to the forrest fight, maybe catching a leg kick. The problem with that is Machida's karate style means he doesnt telegraph kicks like a muay thai roundhouse kick. They load up the thai kicks, but it makes them easier to see coming. No doubt machida will be concious of how the forrest fight ended and be extra carefull

+Quote Post
BigG
post May 12 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #4

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Machida all the way by decision

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post May 12 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 12 2009, 01:07 AM) *
You thinking on points or by stoppage.

I dont see him winning on points against a guy as elusive as machida, he's gonna need to ground and pound him similar to the forrest fight, maybe catching a leg kick. The problem with that is Machida's karate style means he doesnt telegraph kicks like a muay thai roundhouse kick. They load up the thai kicks, but it makes them easier to see coming. No doubt machida will be concious of how the forrest fight ended and be extra carefull

no i think evans might be able to catch up with him... but i will say i just changed my mind here recently like in the last few days after watching videos of them and just looking at little things... if machida wins this fight and makes it an easy nights work i dont see anyone beating him for a long time...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: May 12 2009, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
The CEO
post May 13 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #6

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

This is a good matchup for Machida...he should win.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 14 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Middleweight

Video up at UFC.com of Rashad training for the fight. Some interesting techniques and equipment. I like what he was doing with the olympic rings, that pull up twisting movement, and that machine at the end where he is doing single weighted punches. Wish we had equipment like that at my gym

+Quote Post
thehype
post May 20 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #8

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

I actually think this is one of those fights that's going to turn out a lot better than people are expecting.

I'm rolling with my man Rashad though...I actually think Rashad's movement is going to cause Machida more problems than Machida's movement is going to give Rashad. Plus I think Rashad's faced the stiffer competition in his last few outings, which has caused him to improve in his skill and technique...whereas Machida's competition hasn't really been quite as good. That's not to say Machida hasn't faced anyway lately, but I just don't think his competition really pressed him to improve on his technique and thus make him a better fighter.

We'll see though...I'm actually pretty pumped to see the fight.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 21 2009, 03:06 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Common opponents?

Rashad lost the ortiz fight IMO, but tito's stupidity cost him the win via points deduction. Ortiz was never close to beating Machida.

+Quote Post
Douchebag
post May 21 2009, 07:39 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 6,400

I think the fact that Rashad can be more explosive is going to be the difference in this fight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:20 AM