Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Dec 8 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Who's the best option here if the Cotto fight doesen't happen?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 8 2013, 12:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 8 2013, 03:29 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

None of them are viable PPV options but they're all options for him. I'd cancel out Kirkland though. That would be the most entertaining fight but GB does not seem to want to deal with 50 after that fiasco with TMT promotions. And let's not forget Haymon is involved with GB, though not with these fighters. I doubt we ever seen this match

He should go for Molina, he has a title and it's a winnable fight for him but Molina is highly likely to mess up his night if Canelo isn't on his A-game. He needs to stay away from Lara, he's all wrong for Canelo. He will do to Canelo what Trout should have did

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 8 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

The Molina fight was the most logical for them regardless of how these other events took place ... I see Kirkland stopping canelo with pressure and power if canelo don't ko him early. and Lara earning an easy decision ...he better fight Molina for his own sake

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 8 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 8 2013, 03:29 PM) *
None of them are viable PPV options but they're all options for him. I'd cancel out Kirkland though. That would be the most entertaining fight but GB does not seem to want to deal with 50 after that fiasco with TMT promotions. And let's not forget Haymon is involved with GB, though not with these fighters. I doubt we ever seen this match

He should go for Molina, he has a title and it's a winnable fight for him but Molina is highly likely to mess up his night if Canelo isn't on his A-game. He needs to stay away from Lara, he's all wrong for Canelo. He will do to Canelo what Trout should have did

I agree. Molina is the best option. It's not a PPV FIGHT however it's a fan friendly, winnable fight for Canelo and that title would raise Canelo's stock. However as you said Canelo has to be on his A game. Molina, Martirosyan, Bika - with those guys it's not about what they do right but what you did wrong. Those are gate keeper fighters so Canelo needs to focus. I also think Canelo needs a new trainer. His trainer did all that he could do which had gotten him far. However I don't think his trainer can do anything else. I'd like to see Canelo with Robert Garcia or Nacho in his corner.

Canelo won't be able to avoid Lara for long though. If Floyd decides to vacate his belts (which he will, I don't see Floyd going back to 154 unless Cotto goes on a crazy win streak) then Lara would be champ and I think Lara would be KING at 154 IF promotional stipulations/the sanctioning bodies don't corrupt anything to set Canelo up for those titles. Thank God a fighter like Lara that's hated by fans/avoided has Haymon in his corner. Otherwise it would be really sad to see all that talent boxed away

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 8 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Molina deserves it but Kirkland will make for a better and interesting fight. Make Canelo v. Kirand!

+Quote Post
kej718
post Dec 12 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 13,674

The Kirkland fight would have been great after his last performance problem with that is didn't he sue Golden Boy? (Fight will probably never get made)
Molina has the IBF title and is beatable (good come back fight)
Lara is the best out of the 3 but stylistically he would give Canelo the most problems. He just got the WBA belt too so that helps his chances.

If im the promoter and am trying to build him back to be a star I go for Molina, and put Lara vs. Angulo on the under card (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) so the winner of each fight can face each other in the next event. This is assuming Canelo does not fight the Cotto vs. Martinez winner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 09:57 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 8 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Molina deserves it but Kirkland will make for a better and interesting fight. Make Canelo v. Kirand!

GB and Haymon say stfu lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 8 2013, 03:05 PM) *
I agree. Molina is the best option. It's not a PPV FIGHT however it's a fan friendly, winnable fight for Canelo and that title would raise Canelo's stock. However as you said Canelo has to be on his A game. Molina, Martirosyan, Bika - with those guys it's not about what they do right but what you did wrong. Those are gate keeper fighters so Canelo needs to focus. I also think Canelo needs a new trainer. His trainer did all that he could do which had gotten him far. However I don't think his trainer can do anything else. I'd like to see Canelo with Robert Garcia or Nacho in his corner.

Canelo won't be able to avoid Lara for long though. If Floyd decides to vacate his belts (which he will, I don't see Floyd going back to 154 unless Cotto goes on a crazy win streak) then Lara would be champ and I think Lara would be KING at 154 IF promotional stipulations/the sanctioning bodies don't corrupt anything to set Canelo up for those titles. Thank God a fighter like Lara that's hated by fans/avoided has Haymon in his corner. Otherwise it would be really sad to see all that talent boxed away

Funny you bring that up because I've been seeing this stated a lot. I think Nacho would do wonders with him

Canelo should avoid Lara for as long as he possibly can

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 12 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

It says I already voted but don't remember doing so lol. Anyways I would love a Canelo-Kirkland fight and was disappointed when it didn't come off before. With that said Molina or Lara are the likely opponents if no Cotto.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 12 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Molina is the better comeback opponent for him which is what the poll asked for. But I would prefer the fights with Lara or kirkland, we have yet to see him eat a good shot from a true jmw

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 02:53 PM