Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i thought this was a significant win for the kid. i think he's going to make noise in the heavyweight division. this was a battle of two unbeaten prospects. ruiz handled hanks fairly easily.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jul 31 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i am really liking this kid. he set up the ko well. sneaky body puncher and has good defense. he has a bright future and its time to start really promoting this kid.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (flazi @ Jul 31 2013, 04:39 PM) *
i am really liking this kid. he set up the ko well. sneaky body puncher and has good defense. he has a bright future and its time to start really promoting this kid.

i tuned into hbo thinking they would televise this one....it's not everyday you have 2 undefeated american prospects facing one another....and hbo thoroughly disappointed me. it was good to hear big george....but they had larry merchant back on their airwaves. i couldn't listen so i ended up fast forwarding through the whole card. then i found out they aired it on the spanish channel!!! i had to catch it on youtube.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2013, 08:54 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I like both Hanks and Ruiz, though I'm still not sold on both. Ruiz gets credit, he took the fight, Hanks should've tried to control the pace of the fight, dude is fat, he should've made his big ass work instead of sitting back. Those rights by Ruiz were nice but damn does he throw them amateurishly at times...in today's HW landscape I expect him to make noise, hopefully he keeps improving

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:54 PM) *
I like both Hanks and Ruiz, though I'm still not sold on both. Ruiz gets credit, he took the fight, Hanks should've tried to control the pace of the fight, dude is fat, he should've made his big ass work instead of sitting back. Those rights by Ruiz were nice but damn does he throw them amateurishly at times...in today's HW landscape I expect him to make noise, hopefully he keeps improving

he's not fat...he's big boned. husky if u will... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i've seen this kid in the gym. everyone is fooled by his size but i can tell you first hand, this dude works hard!!! he'll spar plenty of rounds and keeps a good pace throughout. when i saw him fight at home depot...he fought a dude that was jacked, undefeated and looked to be in superb shape. he outworked him and eventually stopped him. for a dude carrying extra weight....he sure doesn't fight like it.

you think the right looks amateurish? i kind of like that he throws it several ways and they all seem to hurt.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 1 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 31 2013, 09:20 PM) *
he's not fat...he's big boned. husky if u will... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i've seen this kid in the gym. everyone is fooled by his size but i can tell you first hand, this dude works hard!!! he'll spar plenty of rounds and keeps a good pace throughout. when i saw him fight at home depot...he fought a dude that was jacked, undefeated and looked to be in superb shape. he outworked him and eventually stopped him. for a dude carrying extra weight....he sure doesn't fight like it.

you think the right looks amateurish? i kind of like that he throws it several ways and they all seem to hurt.

I think he knew he was in control of the fight and at times he got a bit sloppy with it but make no mistake about it, there was only one ending to this fight and it was Ruiz by KO, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him

You say he's good and I trust your view on it, plus I've been hearing stuff about him from some locals, I've never seen him fight until I checked him out earlier this year, I seen more of hanks then him but if he keeps working and winning he can be a force. TBH its some good match ups to be made in the heavyweight division

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

No more Ruizes...PLEASE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 1 2013, 01:01 AM) *
I think he knew he was in control of the fight and at times he got a bit sloppy with it but make no mistake about it, there was only one ending to this fight and it was Ruiz by KO, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him

You say he's good and I trust your view on it, plus I've been hearing stuff about him from some locals, I've never seen him fight until I checked him out earlier this year, I seen more of hanks then him but if he keeps working and winning he can be a force. TBH its some good match ups to be made in the heavyweight division

i've seen both in the amateurs. hanks was part of the all american heavyweight program out here in cali.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 01:22 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 10:47 AM) *
No more Ruizes...PLEASE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

truth be told. i am a john ruiz fan.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:20 PM