Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terence Crawford vs Broner, Crawford on par talent wise
mgrover
post Apr 2 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

to add insult to injury the kids orthodox but was fighting southpaw the majority of the fight. The minute he switched orthodox he was landing at will and consistently with fluid combos
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 2 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 2 2013, 10:48 AM) *
to add insult to injury the kids orthodox but was fighting southpaw the majority of the fight. The minute he switched orthodox he was landing at will and consistently with fluid combos

I said that during and after the fight. I thought that was the sole flaw in his gameplan. I don't get why he switched. He was landing at will from the orthodox stance. His defense was still there when he went southpaw but his punches, other than his jab, were falling short at times. I was impressed by him though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 3 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 2 2013, 12:24 PM) *
I said that during and after the fight. I thought that was the sole flaw in his gameplan. I don't get why he switched. He was landing at will from the orthodox stance. His defense was still there when he went southpaw but his punches, other than his jab, were falling short at times. I was impressed by him though.

i think he went southpaw for the same reason alvarado went south paw. bangers like rios and prescott love the right cross/left hook combination because it's their power shots. you take that away when in the south paw stance because the hook is smothered and the cross is further away rendering it less effective.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 16 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #24

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 2 2013, 10:48 AM) *

This kid is the next superstar in boxing on the rise. After seeing him last night adjust to an opponent who landed some hard shots early by switching to orthodox and conventional, and mixing in brutal body and head shots, I am sold on this guy. I think he would eat Broner's food... why is Broner fleeing the lightweight division so abruptly? Oh well..

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Jun 16 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

What do people think his optimal weight class would be? Is he ultimately another add at 147 or is 140 better for him long term?

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 16 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #26

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 16 2013, 11:24 AM) *
What do people think his optimal weight class would be? Is he ultimately another add at 147 or is 140 better for him long term?

He should bang out 135 for while and build his name there... 140 for a while then 147... He has not called anyone out yet and that tells me he is humble and intent on honing is craft.. he will whip a high profile name soon enough.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 16 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 16 2013, 09:02 AM) *
This kid is the next superstar in boxing on the rise. After seeing him last night adjust to an opponent who landed some hard shots early by switching to orthodox and conventional, and mixing in brutal body and head shots, I am sold on this guy. I think he would eat Broner's food... why is Broner fleeing the lightweight division so abruptly? Oh well..

I'm guessing you buy a lot of lemons?
The kid is a breath of fresh air but I wouldn't get all "GGG crazy". The boy does have skill but shit wait until he has an actual body in front of him lol

QUOTE (scdrking2 @ Jun 16 2013, 10:24 AM) *

He's a big lightweight. He looked good at 140 but he has a thin frame so he may be to small for 147

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 16 2013, 11:30 AM) *
He should bang out 135 for while and build his name there... 140 for a while then 147... He has not called anyone out yet and that tells me he is humble and intent on honing is craft.. he will whip a high profile name soon enough.

And who exactly is there to bang out with at 135? Burns won't fight anyone and vasquez is chasing burns. There's a reason broner left lol. He should have stayed at 140, there's plenty of formidable journey men there as well as top fighters.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 16 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #28

Super Bantamweight

[quote name='checkleft' date='Jun 16 2013, 02:18 PM' post='583688']
I'm guessing you buy a lot of lemons?
The kid is a breath of fresh air but I wouldn't get all "GGG crazy". The boy does have skill but shit wait until he has an actual body in front of him lol

Broner has no body of work and people have long ago annointed him the next mayweather. I stand by my statement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jun 16 2013, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 16 2013, 09:44 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Broner has no body of work and people have long ago annointed him the next mayweather. I stand by my statement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

"Most people don't know shit about boxing". I stand by that

I'm not gonna hop on the hype train for this guy or broners. They need to fight someone, goes for ggg quillen and all these other dudes calling top dogs out

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 17 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #30

Super Bantamweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 16 2013, 10:44 PM) *
"Most people don't know shit about boxing". I stand by that

I'm not gonna hop on the hype train for this guy or broners. They need to fight someone, goes for ggg quillen and all these other dudes calling top dogs out

Nothing wrong with standing on that and I agree. I know boxing and have followed the sport for more than 30 years. Crawford has not called anyone out. He has humbly displayed great skill. When people saw Lebron James in highschool they said he was ready to dominate the NBA. Crawford in my view is the best of the young prospects and will be dominant. Superstar talent he has, yet that does not mean he is going to have Superstar money of course so maybe I could have put it differently

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:22 AM