IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> With UFC (MMA) now on FOX, what does that say about boxing?, What's your take?
King Eugene
post Aug 23 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #51

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

Too many chiefs in boxing to follow suit to the UFC. The reason the UFC is so successful because you have a few guys calling the shots and everybody else listens or dont get paid. Simple as that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 24 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #52

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

UFC to Boxing: "My sport can beat up your sport!" (IMG:http://i41.tinypic.com/rj455e.jpg)

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 24 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #53

(IMG:http://bigsteez.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/ult_war.jpg)

WITH 7 CONSECUTIVE FIRST ROUND KO'S, TJ MCQUEEN IS NOW UNIVERSALLY RECOGNIZED AS THE GREATEST MMA FIGHTER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT OF ALL TIME FOREVER! OMMMMGGGGG

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 24 2011, 12:26 PM
Post #54

(IMG:http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ufc-cage.jpg)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 24 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #55

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 19 2011, 09:44 PM) *
I agree with you here. I've tried to give it a good go and like you totally respect the skills and heart needed to compete but it just does nothing for me. I'd rather watch tennis, seriously.

Dana White and everyone in the UFC has/is doing a fantastic for their sport and it would not be a new comment to say boxing promoters should take note. Just the their use of the internet alone (I"m thinking of Toney/Couture) to build buzz for a fight. So simple but boxing totally seems to miss these kind of opportunities.

However it remains to be seen how MMA will fare once another stronger organisation comes along to challenge UFC and it will happen eventually. That and the fighters themselves starting to ask for a bigger slice of the cake. The challenges that boxing has and is facing are yet to really hit MMA (as much as I can see) and it will be interesting to see how they cope.

Would I be right in thinking that UFC can get decent fights on FOX because the purses of the fighters are smaller? my assumption being that boxing now has so many PPV's so they can accomodate the purse demands of the fighters involved. If not then once again they have beaten boxing to the punch (pun intended) on the opportunity to broaden the fanbase for their sport.

if any promoter in boxing would try to bring a farce of a fight like toney/couture...they'd be laughed out of business. stuff like that would be a side show in boxing ala butterbean...but in mma/ufc, it's a main event. i think it's laughable when i hear these guys talking about "the ufc has no problem matching the best against the best..blah,blah,blah.." well...the best in ufc has not really been at mma too long. the best at boxing has been at it for a life time. there is no way one can perfect his craft in 10-15 fights in boxing. it's a rare thing to see a guy with that little experience headline a major event on a major network in boxing.

also...ppl talk about ppv's like they are the measure of success. ppv imo has been bad for boxing. at the end of the day...these sports are apples and oranges. they are not comparable. ufc isn't taking away from boxing anymore the the nfl takes away from the nba or mlb. it's crazy talk.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 01:49 PM