IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don Frye Comeback in 2008! Wants Fedor or Randy, Great Interview with "The Predator"!
TheWhiteBuffalo
post Mar 1 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #1

All Hail The Buffalo

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,298

Wow!! Don is recovered from a shoulder surgery, and is on fire!! Frye wants a big comeback this year and wants top competition too, he says heīs not old, and I personally think he deserves the fighter he wants, for all his accomplishments and all the good he has done for MMA. Hereīs a bit of a recent interview

(IMG:http://www.fcfighter.com/PICTURES/UFC28/don-frye.jpg)

........................................ ........

MW: Whatís your current IFL status?

DF: Am no longer with the IFL. Weíve come to a mutual agreement that I shouldnít be a coach there anymore. Iím just not the coddling, caring, or congenial type of person they need to be a coach. They thought I was too rough on my guys and too impolite to the public. They think I donít conduct myself in a ďprofessionalĒ manner. I went my way and they went their way and itís for the best.

MW: I understand a comeback is on the horizon, what organizations are you most interested in fighting for?

DF: I donít have an organization that Iím fighting for yet and after I get my shoulder rehabbed, Iíll get back in to the cage or the ring. Iím open to anyone organization right now and am open to negotiate.

MW: Do you have any thoughts on competitors you want to face?

DF: Iíll fight anyone they put in front of me; otherwise I want to fight Fedor. If I canít get Fedor, then I want Randy Couture. Randyís a good person and a great athlete, one of the greatest actually and thatís why I have this career, so I can compete against the greatest. He and Fedor are the two top guys on my list.

MW: What do you say to those who say youíre too old to fight?

DF: I say prove it to me. Get in the ring/cage and prove it. If they can whoop my ass then maybe Iíll believe it, but until then donít sit around and mouth off, because until they can whoop my ass, I wont believe a damn thing they say and neither should the fans!

MW: Who are your sponsors?

DF: I donít have any right now and to be honest Iíve never really had one before. Iím open to review offers and with the comeback that Iím working on, Iím sure me teaming with a sponsor could be a great thing for both sides.

MW: What are your thoughts on M-1?

DF: They need to sign me because they have Fedor! Thatís who I want!

MW: What are your thoughts on the Randy Couture ďsagaĒ?

DF: I think itís a great thing that he left. When youíre the heavyweight champion, you should be the number one paid guy, no question about it. And as far as the competition (or lack thereof) for Randy, they shouldíve given him the names he wanted.

MW: When itís all over, what do you most want to be remembered for?

DF: I just want to be remembered for being a good husband and a good dad. I also want to be known for keeping my word in everything I did and being a great American.

MW: What can we expect from you in 2008?

DF: My comeback, and major comeback. A world championship; maybe two or three!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElectricTwinkie
post Mar 12 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,717

That looks like Don photshopped his head on someone elses body.

Don, Ken... guys? Give it up.
If I fought you-you'd beat me. But so do 12yr old girls...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:41 PM