Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite punches from fighters
pimpfighterROQ
post Mar 17 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,368

What is your favorite punch or punches executed by fighters we have today?

My list is...

Left hook by Mayweather is just amazing. For him to even lead with it, putting his whole body weight to the shot. Shown in many of his fights. My favorite is the Gatti fight. Also knocked down JMM on their fight. I see Adrien Broner doing well with this punch too.

Left Uppercut is gotta be Zab Judah. His most deadly punch. He generates so much power and execute it perfectly when he wants to. Like the Cotto fight. Wasted talent smh.

Straight Left my choice is Pacquiao's straight left. For a guy his size to leap forward with the power that he has...very deadly. Shown quite frequently in the Dela hoya fight LOL

Left Jab would've been Dela Hoya but since were talking about active fighters, I'd say Miguel Cotto. One reason people are not counting Cotto completely out against Mayweather. But I still don't think it's enough.

Straight Right this one is difficult because seems everyone knows how to throw a straight right. I'd have to lean on Mayweather or JMM.

What about you guys?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 18 2012, 02:15 AM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

Pull Counter (Mayweather) - This move basically nullifies his opponent's left jab. It's beautiful how he does it.

Right Hook-Uppercut (Berto) - This punch is amazin' and Berto uses it beautifully. He throws a quick right hook, then immediately follows through with a quick uppercut (w/ the same hand). It's just beautiful, man. Ortiz does this move as well.

Straight Left (Martinez) - Martinez-Williams II, Round 2. That's all that needs to be said 'bout that punch.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Mar 18 2012, 02:20 AM

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Mar 19 2012, 07:50 AM
Post #3

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

Id have to say the check hook and the leaping hook that mayweather throws. Just beautiful

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Mar 19 2012, 08:37 AM
Post #4

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

That left uppercut to the body that Rigondeaux throws is pretty mean too...

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 19 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

1. Shane Mosley- Straight Right: Which is one of the strongest punches I have ever seen. That punch is the reason why Shane had a very high KO ratio at 135 and was feared. Just ask Mayweather in their fight. And ask Margarito who was destroyed by a bunch of right hooks and gave him his first KO loss.

2. Mayweather- Right Hook: That hook put down Corrales and gave him his first loss. That hook put down JMM. That hook made Mosley's head snap back like a PEZ dispenser. It's quick, fast, and accurate as hell. It can be used like a sniper with Mayweather's unusually long arms and quick enough for short bursts in a inside fight. Great weapon for Mayweather.

3. JMM-Right Uppercut This uppercut put out some good fighters and hurt great fighters. It's quick and hard. Perfect countering weapon for JMM when an opponent wants to fight in the inside.

4. Andre Ward- Left Jab: This is like one of Ward's favorite weapons to use in his tool box of skills. His left jab is effective as seen in the Froch and Abraham fight. He lands it accurately and it seems it has some pop in it to remain respected in the power department and keep his opponents at bay when he wants to fight an outside fight.

5. Orlando Salido- Right Hook That right hook is nasty and you can ask Gamboa who got dropped by it and you can ask Juanma who got stopped by it under punishment. It's not a powerful punch but it packs heavy because of how Salido throws it. He throws it in a way for it to spread and swarm you. Like either it hits your chin directly, or your equilibrium, or it just misses. The first 2 options doesn't make for a good thing for the opposing fighter against Salido unless your a pure boxer.

This post has been edited by BoxingEinstein: Mar 19 2012, 02:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I will leave Mayweather out of this, I believe we ALL know where he stands in this discussion.

JMM - Combinations: I just like this dude's style overall, but his combination punches do wonders. Precision at it's best...

Anthony Dirrell - Leaping Hooks: I like how he simply springs forward and lands that shit! He doe it great to be a taller fight.

Joshua Clottey - Uppercut: When he punches ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), his uppercut is hard to not like. He's actually quick enough to leap forward and land some weird lookin' uppercuts.

Juan Lopez - Counter Hook: Yeah, yeah, yeah...he just lost, but I like the counter hook that he throws when his opponent attempts to jab. He used it great against Marquez and Concepcion.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 19 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

mike tyson's lead left hook.

joe louis' short right hand.

sugar ray robinson's step back hook.

tommy hearns right hand.

roberto duran's uppercuts.

julio cesar chavez' left hook to the body.

james toney's counter right hand.

floyd mayweather's counter right hand and check hook.

pacquiao's over hand left.

jmm's lead left uppercut followed by the hook.

miguel cotto's jab.

larry holmes' jab.

ike quartey's jab.

felix trinidad's left hook.

k. tzyu's straight right.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 19 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Klitchsko Brothers' straight punches

Hopkin's right hand

Mayweather's jab to the belly

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 20 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Though he's a piece of shit...Im wondering why nobody mentioned Margarito's uppercut. Maybe I answered my own question here...

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Mar 20 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

Sneaky Body Shot (Mayweather) - I don't know what else to call it, but that. It's a small body shot that Mayweather throws when he's on the inside (usually durin' a clinch), but you can barely see it, unless you check the slo-mo replays. He used this a lot in his fight against Mosley, especially in Round 2 after Mosley had him stunned. As we all know, body shots take it's toll on you throughout the course of the fight.

FF it to the 0:23 mark to see exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout...

Does anyone know the correct term for that punch?

Shoulder Roller Counter (Mayweather) - He uses his shoulder roll defense to nullify his opponent's attack, then he counters with a quick, but short right hand. Adrien Broner has begun to implement this move as well. It's pretty effective.

FF it to the 1:07-1:19 mark...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 03:20 PM