IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Showtime Quadruple Header Preview Next Week With Garcia-Morales II, Final Presser Topic Merged Here. (Drug Test News & More)
mgrover
post Oct 18 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

doesnt matter morales tested positive for a banned substance, although the fights going ahead. I hope this shit does not get swept under the rug, it needs to be demonized and shamed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 06:47 PM) *
doesnt matter morales tested positive for a banned substance, although the fights going ahead. I hope this shit does not get swept under the rug, it needs to be demonized and shamed

yeah, i read that. it's messed up. that just adds fuel to the fire for garcia. that may play into morales' hands...we'll see. angel garcia had some pretty heated stuff to say about morales...i wonder if that positive test contributed to his tirade. he was talking about morales' mother!

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 18 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 07:47 PM) *

I'm thinking its a diuretic, since he has trouble making weight. Morales looks every bit of his age and needs to retire if he is not motivated to get in fighting condition. That's how people get hurt in the ring

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

here's the link...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just read the banned substance bullshit...tired of fighters and athletes with this nonsense. At the same time, I love it, because it forces fighters to be justified when they ask for random testing...even if selfish shitty fans dont care.

I say they should let the fight go on, and make Morales come down to 138. LOL. What an ass, why would he even consider a banned substance. Bitch, get on an aerobics program in between fights and lose weight the right way.

Its sad that I have to say this about one of my favorite fighters, but seriously, if you can't compete...take a seat. Period

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

yeah...i had a feeling there was something up. i think it's the positive test that was reported. here's another video on the matter.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 18 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 07:47 PM) *

Well from the report on the front page they are waiting for the results of the second sample until they decide to go on with the fight. Dannys dad already advised him not to go forward with the fight if the second is bad too.

What a terrible way to finish off an amazing career. Wth morales

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 18 2012, 07:38 PM) *
Just read the banned substance bullshit...tired of fighters and athletes with this nonsense. At the same time, I love it, because it forces fighters to be justified when they ask for random testing...even if selfish shitty fans dont care.

I say they should let the fight go on, and make Morales come down to 138. LOL. What an ass, why would he even consider a banned substance. Bitch, get on an aerobics program in between fights and lose weight the right way.

Its sad that I have to say this about one of my favorite fighters, but seriously, if you can't compete...take a seat. Period

morales didn't make weight the first fight...there should be absolutely no excuses this time. i'm disappointed to hear this about morales. angel garcia seemed pissed about the whole thing. this just added a new twist to the fight.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 18 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 18 2012, 08:21 PM) *

LMAO @ the look on oscars face

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 19 2012, 03:14 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

It was a weight loss/stamina boosting drug he was caught on. Their saying it was a small trace so the morales camp claims it was tainted meat from their camp in Mexico. This could be a valid claim but I'm not sure I'm buying it, Erik is older and has had his weight problems. Plus I've heard the whole tainted meat thing before, still not buying it. He probably took it early on in camp in hope it would go away by testing time...

I know Floyd was only trying to protect himself in his own fights but this dude started a movement. Everybody is getting caught now for everything.

I wonder if the effects of this drug, once stopped, carry on after for a while? And if so if the fight goes on and morales wins can the Garcia camp fight for a no contest?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:13 AM