> Mike Tyson vs. Wlad Klitschko
King Eugene
post Jul 14 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #31

Proud American

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 14 2011, 05:44 PM) *
Tyson wouldn't stand a chance against Ali before he got banned. even after the ban it would be hard for Tyson, Ali stayed in the ring with some of the biggest hitters of all times.

when was Wlad undefeated in his prime? Wlad was shitty before his first loss up to the point Steward made a difference with him. either way Tyson kills him, Wlad just doesn't have the confidence to deal with him. and we're talking about a prime Tyson of the 1980s, not the freak show Don King peddled.

Tyson would stop this one early. personally i'm someone that doesn't buy into all the Tyson hype and doesn't think this guy did anything to make everyone except Ali irrelevant. but to think Wlad wins this easy is just blasphemy. the one thing that will stop Wlad is someone taking the fight to him and getting off punches, Tyson did that shit in his sleep in the 1980s.

+1

I dont understand how folks could possibly think otherwise. Fucking Ray Charles could see this sleep while planking in his damn grave with black shades on!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 14 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #32

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jul 15 2011, 06:14 AM) *
Do you think there'd be any parallels between the Frazier bouts and the fantasy tyson-ali fight?

None whatsoever. Tyson was & is mentally weak. Frazier was a dog & on your arse for 15 rounds Tyson would have been questioning himself & his coinfidence would be shot by round 6.

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jul 15 2011, 06:40 AM) *
You need to ask the British champ why he never faced Mike when he was at his absolute best.

Because he was a fucking amateur at the time? Some wizard you are......

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 14 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #33

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 14 2011, 07:25 PM) *
+1

I dont understand how folks could possibly think otherwise. Fucking Ray Charles could see this sleep while planking in his damn grave with black shades on!

i agree with blackbelt on it. people look too much into Tyson's losses later on in his career, i just think they look too much into Wlad dominating now. the division now is about as intimidating as Richard Simmons. that and Tyson legitimately wrecked his division in the span of like 18 months. he went from Berbeck to Spinks and everyone in between taking fights 2-3 months apart. they weren't B fighters and chumps, when Tyson started having titles on the line he whipped A level ass 4 times a year.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 14 2011, 07:34 PM) *
None whatsoever. Tyson was & is mentally weak. Frazier was a dog & on your arse for 15 rounds Tyson would have been questioning himself & his coinfidence would be shot by round 6.

Because he was a fucking amateur at the time? Some wizard you are......

come on, Stevenski. obviously Lennox Lewis was going to come into pro boxing against Mike Tyson.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Jul 14 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #34

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 14 2011, 11:14 PM) *
I feel like we're over-analysing Tyson's losses and under-analysing Wlad's losses.

Remember that the Tyson who was walloped by Lewis et al was waaaaaay past his prime.

Yet the Wlad who was spanked by Brewster and Sanders was much closer to his prime. If Sanders was quick enough to dispatch Wlad, don't you think Tyson would have been? Even the more cautious, careful Wlad that emerged following those losses?

And, no, Tyson didn't really beat any ATG's in their primes who outweighed him by 30lbs...but you could say the same for most champions. Lewis didn't. Wlad certainly hasn't.

Whilst Tyson's least favourite opponents were definitely tall, strong jabbers, there is something of a myth being perpetuated that all you needed to beat Tyson was a reach advantage and a jab. Tyson at his best was a hard man to beat. I personally don't think Wlad had the mental fortitude, resilience or physical strength to do it. David Haye gave him a competitive fight, and Tyson would have eaten David Haye alive.

Stylistically, Wlad matches up well. But styles don't ALWAYS make fights!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Black

Wise words from Mr. Black over here.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 14 2011, 03:24 PM) *
prime undefeated Tyson vs. prime undefeated Wlad

Wlad all day.

People who think Wlad would be scared should just look at Tyson's behavior before the Lewis fight - Tyson was terrified because he knew he couldn't get past that long heavy jab and because he'd never been in with anyone who could punch like Lewis.

salvador.. you keep bringing up the lewis fight for tyson... you dont think that was prime tyson do you?... that was a shell of a fighter picking up a paycheck...

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jul 14 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 14 2011, 07:15 PM) *
salvador.. you keep bringing up the lewis fight for tyson... you dont think that was prime tyson do you?... that was a shell of a fighter picking up a paycheck...

I think there's a reason that Tyson never fought Bowe or Lewis in the 1990s when the fights were prime.

Lewis was older than Tyson. Obviously Tyson was a shell, but the fact is that he weighed 215 in his prime and that's too small for a 245 pound hw with a massive height and reach advantage and a great jab and more power than Tyson had ever faced. And King knew it and so did Tyson.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #37

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 14 2011, 07:55 PM) *
I think there's a reason that Tyson never fought Bowe or Lewis in the 1990s when the fights were prime.

Lewis was older than Tyson. Obviously Tyson was a shell, but the fact is that he weighed 215 in his prime and that's too small for a 245 pound hw with a massive height and reach advantage and a great jab and more power than Tyson had ever faced. And King knew it and so did Tyson.

i disagree on two things... first... tysons prime ended the night he fought spinks... everything after that is a slow break down of a great fighter... second... i think a 215 pound great fighter beats a fighter like wlad or vitali klit who are good fighters but not great (tho tysons prime weight was 218)... if one is a potential great its vitali... imo... i think a 212 to 215 lb holyfield in his prime would beat them as well... just saying... the klitschcos are not winning because of their size as much as their is not an opponent in the division that is ready for them skill wise... look at each brothers resume and name me one fighter that they beat that is of high quality... the one quality fighter on the ledger vitali lost to tho i thought had the fight been allowed to continue he may have won but we dont know cuzz he got stopped by the cut... but its still a loss at the end of the day and that was an old out of shape lewis that was on his way out... imagine what a prime lennox would have done vitali... he would have chopped him up and knocked him out... and prime for prime i dont think lennox is better then either tyson or holyfield... but thats a whole nutha argument... lol.. to make a long story short their is not a fighter in the division that is prepared to fight these guys... wish they would have come up during the class of 88 that made for a fun time in the 90's... i think they would have a few more losses had they come out of that era...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 14 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 14 2011, 09:11 PM) *
i disagree on two things... first... tysons prime ended the night he fought spinks... everything after that is a slow break down of a great fighter... second... i think a 215 pound great fighter beats a fighter like wlad or vitali klit who are good fighters but not great (tho tysons prime weight was 218)... if one is a potential great its vitali... imo... i think a 212 to 215 lb holyfield in his prime would beat them as well... just saying... the klitschcos are not winning because of their size as much as their is not an opponent in the division that is ready for them skill wise... look at each brothers resume and name me one fighter that they beat that is of high quality... the one quality fighter on the ledger vitali lost to tho i thought had the fight been allowed to continue he may have won but we dont know cuzz he got stopped by the cut... but its still a loss at the end of the day and that was an old out of shape lewis that was on his way out... imagine what a prime lennox would have done vitali... he would have chopped him up and knocked him out... and prime for prime i dont think lennox is better then either tyson or holyfield... but thats a whole nutha argument... lol.. to make a long story short their is not a fighter in the division that is prepared to fight these guys... wish they would have come up during the class of 88 that made for a fun time in the 90's... i think they would have a few more losses had they come out of that era...

I'd also add that Holyfield around 215-220 pounds gave Lewis a decent scrap in their second fight. Ray Mercer also gave Lewis a decent fight. These are smaller men.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jul 14 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #39

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 14 2011, 08:17 PM) *
I'd also add that Holyfield around 215-220 pounds gave Lewis a decent scrap in their second fight. Ray Mercer also gave Lewis a decent fight. These are smaller men.

the holyfield that fought lewis was def past his best fighting shape and i thought he won that second fight vs lewis... i thought ray mercer beat lewis as well... but that aside it goes to show that weight isnt an issue when you have a truly skilled fighter... there are no skilled fighters in the division today... and i still wonder how odlanier solis fares vs vitali had his knee not given out... the cuban i still feel is the best of the rest of the comp for right now...

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 14 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #40

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 15 2011, 10:55 AM) *

ding ding ding we have a winner.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:51 AM