IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah Preview and Poll!, Who Will Win? Vote Now! (April 27, on Showtime!)
Garcia vs. Judah
Who Wins?
Garcia by close decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Garcia by wide decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 6 ] ** [40.00%]
Judah by close decision [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Judah by wide decision [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Judah by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [13.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

Aware
post Apr 25 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #51

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 10:51 PM) *
i'm tired of froch. his arrogant act is old. he got his ass handed to him by a 'boring' fighter. what's that say about him? ward is one of boxing's good guys so he isn't going to talk the right kind of shit...plus he isn't witty enough. i would have left it at...'come talk to me after u avenge your 2 losses (kessler/dirrell) otherwise stfu.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why do you say Ward is not witty enough? (I know you mean with respect to shit talking)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 26 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #52

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 25 2013, 10:05 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

After I actually understood what he said, I laughed my ass off!

I bet Froch was in the mirror laughing after he hit the "tweet" button, like he actually has to convince himself that he tweeted it.

I'll give it to Froch, the guy is entertaining. Sometimes I wonder if he really believes the stuff he says lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 26 2013, 12:38 AM
Post #53

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 25 2013, 09:51 PM) *
i'm tired of froch. his arrogant act is old. he got his ass handed to him by a 'boring' fighter. what's that say about him? ward is one of boxing's good guys so he isn't going to talk the right kind of shit...plus he isn't witty enough. i would have left it at...'come talk to me after u avenge your 2 losses (kessler/dirrell) otherwise stfu.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ward knows and Froch and Kessler know what's the deal. Who ever wins their fight earns a rematch with him and another ass whopping coming. At least they won the trash talk game but Ward don't care much for that, but every now and then he slips in a few gems of his own. He comes back at them with facts but those 2 are funnier. Froch is comedic but sometimes his attitude makes me think he's over compensating because truth be told, I knew he'd lose to Ward for the same reason I believe he lost to Dirrell and for the same reason he was losing to Taylor. He's not athletic, he's a blue collar worker in there but natural athletes give him fits

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Apr 26 2013, 02:11 AM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,319

Zab was off the hook he went off on dlh but Oscar had that look like I wanna beat this lil shuts ass which I net even an out of shape dlh could still do to a Zab Judah.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 26 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #55

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 25 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Zab was off the hook he went off on dlh but Oscar had that look like I wanna beat this lil shuts ass which I net even an out of shape dlh could still do to a Zab Judah.

Oscar looked like Reginald Denny in the middle of Los Angeles during the riots, out of place. Oscar seemed uncomfortable and his bitch card got pulled. Zab ain't the one to try to pull that BS with. And why was Bernard Hopkins acting like the good slave! Oscar got his ass in trouble let that man be a man and back his shit up. I am tired of Hopkins doing that shit. Let Oscar defend himself! Oscar was a stuttering a bitch! LOL

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #56

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Aware @ Apr 26 2013, 12:42 AM) *
Why do you say Ward is not witty enough? (I know you mean with respect to shit talking)

Wit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wit
Wit is a form of intelligent humour, the ability to say or write things that are clever and usually funny. A wit is a person skilled at making clever and funny remarks.

ali was witty and very clever. we haven't seen that kind of wit or cleverness in years. ward doesn't have it. he's a really nice guy. it's not in his nature to be that way.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #57

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 01:38 AM) *
Ward knows and Froch and Kessler know what's the deal. Who ever wins their fight earns a rematch with him and another ass whopping coming. At least they won the trash talk game but Ward don't care much for that, but every now and then he slips in a few gems of his own. He comes back at them with facts but those 2 are funnier. Froch is comedic but sometimes his attitude makes me think he's over compensating because truth be told, I knew he'd lose to Ward for the same reason I believe he lost to Dirrell and for the same reason he was losing to Taylor. He's not athletic, he's a blue collar worker in there but natural athletes give him fits

agreed. he really is nothing special.

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 26 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #58

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

Golden Boy is notorious for trying to give their fighters an advantage with these kinds of slights to the opponent (most recently, Austin Trout can testify to two fights (Cotto & Nelo) worth of underhanded dealings with GBP. It's shameful, really.

Zab was absolutely within reason to blow up (they wouldn't even allow his wife and children in the press conference)...and to aim his angst at El Presidenta...because make no mistake, when it comes to that kind of sneaky crap...that's Handbook De La Hoya.

The funny thing is...this time, DLH wasn't playing mind games. They (GBP and Team Garcia) really were fearful that something was gonna fly off. Not so much between Zab and Danny on stage, but with Zab's official and "unofficial" crew and Team Garcia. Because things have gotten gritty in the past few days. Angel in particular seems to feel threatened, despite what he's saying publicly. To borrow from someone: "He was shook". Apparently, he feels, threats were made to his life by "unofficial" members of Team Judah. And that's why he was extra agitated at yesterday's press conference. He seems legitimately fearful...and Danny seems wound tight because of it.

Meanwhile, Judah feels like Angel got away with calling him the N-word in the first press conference. He feels disrespected, and though he claims to have left his street life in his past...the street (and more importantly, the rules of the street) is still strong in him.

Judah (back in BK and bolstered by his people there) has a certain "element" of supporters willing to do what he will/can-not. Not that I'm suggesting that Judah has set anything in motion. Because I think he really does want to be a different person..but as I said, the street is strong in him. And some things are somewhat out of his control.

Anyway...all of this tension is really selling this fight. Lol. And unlike some of the previous boxing "beefs" over the years...this one is legitimate. And it has the potential to spill out of the ring. Smh. Hope we don't see that.

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.

Never-the-less, I'll take the plunge...A "super" Judah shows up tomorrow, with all of the advantages (experience, speed, power, ring generalship, crowd...and get this...poise)...add to that, an unusually unpoised Danny Garcia (full of emotion and nervous energy...gunning unsuccessfully for Judah's head). UD12 Judah. With a KD in the 5th and 7th.

#TeamUpset =)

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 26 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #59

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,614

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 26 2013, 12:38 AM) *

Andre said (on record) a couple of days ago, that if they fight again...he'll knock Froch out.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 26 2013, 11:34 AM) *
Oscar looked like Reginald Denny in the middle of Los Angeles during the riots, out of place. Oscar seemed uncomfortable and his bitch card got pulled. Zab ain't the one to try to pull that BS with. And why was Bernard Hopkins acting like the good slave! Oscar got his ass in trouble let that man be a man and back his shit up. I am tired of Hopkins doing that shit. Let Oscar defend himself! Oscar was a stuttering a bitch! LOL

I can agree with this! Except for the BHOP part. Hops likes to be involved, plus, as an "old head", I think he viewed himself as keeping Zab focused.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 26 2013, 02:36 PM) *
agreed. he really is nothing special.

Prof, you already know how I feel about Froch! Soooo annoying. Smh.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 26 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #60

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 26 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Golden Boy is notorious for trying to give their fighters an advantage with these kinds of slights to the opponent (most recently, Austin Trout can testify to two fights (Cotto & Nelo) worth of underhanded dealings with GBP. It's shameful, really.

Zab was absolutely within reason to blow up (they wouldn't even allow his wife and children in the press conference)...and to aim his angst at El Presidenta...because make no mistake, when it comes to that kind of sneaky crap...that's Handbook De La Hoya.

The funny thing is...this time, DLH wasn't playing mind games. They (GBP and Team Garcia) really were fearful that something was gonna fly off. Not so much between Zab and Danny on stage, but with Zab's official and "unofficial" crew and Team Garcia. Because things have gotten gritty in the past few days. Angel in particular seems to feel threatened, despite what he's saying publicly. To borrow from someone: "He was shook". Apparently, he feels, threats were made to his life by "unofficial" members of Team Judah. And that's why he was extra agitated at yesterday's press conference. He seems legitimately fearful...and Danny seems wound tight because of it.

Meanwhile, Judah feels like Angel got away with calling him the N-word in the first press conference. He feels disrespected, and though he claims to have left his street life in his past...the street (and more importantly, the rules of the street) is still strong in him.

Judah (back in BK and bolstered by his people there) has a certain "element" of supporters willing to do what he will/can-not. Not that I'm suggesting that Judah has set anything in motion. Because I think he really does want to be a different person..but as I said, the street is strong in him. And some things are somewhat out of his control.

Anyway...all of this tension is really selling this fight. Lol. And unlike some of the previous boxing "beefs" over the years...this one is legitimate. And it has the potential to spill out of the ring. Smh. Hope we don't see that.

Angel Garcia is incendiary, to say the least...but I think this situation has manifested into something much uglier than the normal back and forth. As a caveat, Angel really needs to be careful what he says in the build up to his son's fights. Racist and/or borderline racist rants never go over well.

As for my prediction. Well, if Zab was a different psychological archetype, based on all of these happenings, I'd actually give him the mental edge. But we just never know what we're dealing with when it comes to Judah...so I'm kind of on the fence.

Never-the-less, I'll take the plunge...A "super" Judah shows up tomorrow, with all of the advantages (experience, speed, power, ring generalship, crowd...and get this...poise)...add to that, an unusually unpoised Danny Garcia (full of emotion and nervous energy...gunning unsuccessfully for Judah's head). UD12 Judah. With a KD in the 5th and 7th.

#TeamUpset =)

remind me to hire u for p.r. work. excellent analysis.

i was originally picking danny by ko. now i'm thinking this fight goes the distance.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 08:13 PM