IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Provodnikov vs Alvarado-Preview and Poll!, Topiic Updated! Poll Added! Vote and Comment.
Provodnikov-Alverado Winner?
Who Wins This Potential War?
Provodnikov by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
Alverado by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Alverado by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alverado by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser In Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7

BrutUalBK
post Jul 17 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 16 2013, 01:37 PM) *
First this fight is bullshit, simply because Mike Alvarado should be fighting Pacquiao and Ruslan. Rios and Ruslan fight would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Rios and Manny. Mike got fucked over by Bob big time. I hope the winner of Bradley and Marquez, faces the winner of Ruslan and Alvarado. Alvarado deserves a shot at the big lights and well as Ruslan. Manny of course will have his pick of the draw if he beats Rios. Now if Rios wins then he should look to what happened to Rigondeaux when you beat the house fighter. Either way, Mike gets the screw job in this fight.

I'm not so sure Alvarado is ready for the likes of Pac, Bradley, JMM and even Ruslan at this point but out of the choices there he should be fighting Provo. Pac is too fast for him and much more experienced, Bradley is too technically superior-so is JMM but Ruslan is a crude-one dimensional fighter of the likes he's used to facing in Rios. Honestly though, who has Alvo beaten to deserve a shot at Bradley or JMM.

Personally I do agree with Pac vs Alvo regardless of the experience level because I feel MP needs a tune-up fight before taking on Bradley or JMM and Alvo needs a test and since MP is coming off 2 losses in a row then they'd be perfect for one another in that sense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 20 2013, 03:13 AM
Post #32

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2013, 12:07 PM) *
I don't think Alverado will fall like that. He's tough as shit and will most likely get stopped late. If Alverado could box some and mix it up too, he might win some rounds, When Bradley boxed against Ruslan, he made the fight look easy. But when Tim brawled it was life and death for him. Alvarado COULD use a combination of boxing and brawling to give Ruslin things to think about, but he won't. Most likely this will be a brawl. Ruslin TKO 8.

Jack

This......plus, by a show of hands, who thinks Alvarado may have more pop than the WHBC (World Headbutting Champion)?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 20 2013, 03:18 AM
Post #33

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 08:34 PM) *
that is a complete load of shit. fuck arum. i'll be happy when he's not calling the shots. he's not good for boxing.

You know something's up, when a lawyer leaves the courtroom to promote fighters. Kinda like the old saying about President, "who spends millions in order to secure a $400K a year job? A crook, that's who."

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 09:59 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 17 2013, 01:32 PM) *
I'm not so sure Alvarado is ready for the likes of Pac, Bradley, JMM and even Ruslan at this point but out of the choices there he should be fighting Provo. Pac is too fast for him and much more experienced, Bradley is too technically superior-so is JMM but Ruslan is a crude-one dimensional fighter of the likes he's used to facing in Rios. Honestly though, who has Alvo beaten to deserve a shot at Bradley or JMM.

Personally I do agree with Pac vs Alvo regardless of the experience level because I feel MP needs a tune-up fight before taking on Bradley or JMM and Alvo needs a test and since MP is coming off 2 losses in a row then they'd be perfect for one another in that sense.

Who has Rios beaten to fight Pac? I mean Mike is the champion and he should of been in line to fight Pac. I am not saying Mike is the talented boxer out that group, but he does have a belt and that should mean something. That is my only point.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 20 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 09:59 AM) *
Who has Rios beaten to fight Pac? I mean Mike is the champion and he should of been in line to fight Pac. I am not saying Mike is the talented boxer out that group, but he does have a belt and that should mean something. That is my only point.

While I do agree with your last statement we have to acknowledge today that belts/titles hardly mean anything to the boxing public, especially to us insiders. We only care about the big fights, if LM and Provo were matched up in a fight then that would be something I'd want to watch even if neither of them have a belt or title and I know you being a huge boxing fan would too.

Belts/Titles don't mean what they once did back in the day of single/dominant weight class titlist/champion because there are too many straps and too many dumb things like Super Champ, Champion Emeritus, WBA, WBC, WBO, WBU, IBF, IBO-ABC, CBS, you picka ninja, I mean everything-it's ridiculous!!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 20 2013, 10:14 AM) *
While I do agree with your last statement we have to acknowledge today that belts/titles hardly mean anything to the boxing public, especially to us insiders. We only care about the big fights, if LM and Provo were matched up in a fight then that would be something I'd want to watch even if neither of them have a belt or title and I know you being a huge boxing fan would too.

Belts/Titles don't mean what they once did back in the day of single/dominant weight class titlist/champion because there are too many straps and too many dumb things like Super Champ, Champion Emeritus, WBA, WBC, WBO, WBU, IBF, IBO-ABC, CBS, you picka ninja, I mean everything-it's ridiculous!!

I agree,but Alvarado still won and how does Brandon Rios get the top fight when he lost?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 20 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 12:47 PM) *
I agree,but Alvarado still won and how does Brandon Rios get the top fight when he lost?

Well D, you know what it is. Simple, Pac doesn't want to face someone who moves and shows the ability to outbox him just as Alvo was able to do to Rios; Manny prefers the Margo and Hatton types who come straight forward showing no defense whatsoever.

Rios is the most tailor-made fighter in the sport for Pac since Gatti or Hatton isn't no longer around.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 03:14 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 20 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Well D, you know what it is. Simple, Pac doesn't want to face someone who moves and shows the ability to outbox him just as Alvo was able to do to Rios; Manny prefers the Margo and Hatton types who come straight forward showing no defense whatsoever.

Rios is the most tailor-made fighter in the sport for Pac since Gatti or Hatton isn't no longer around.

And this is the same guy who still or says he still wants to fight Mayweather? I kill myself when people actually feel that Pac has all the tools to beat Mayweather. He does have a high punching rate, but so did Guerrero and you saw what happened there. Now comparing Manny to Guerrero but you know what I mean. I just do not get what people see in Pac that they honestly believe that he would KO Mayweather. In the same breath they same people call Mayweather a runner, so how is Pac going to beat Mayweather when his greatest strength (Pac) is do beat opponents that are right in front of him? That is why he struggled with Bradley! His movement, and Bradley had a broken ankle!

The truth in the matter is, Mike A. should be fighting Pac and not Bam Bam.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 20 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 03:14 PM) *
And this is the same guy who still or says he still wants to fight Mayweather? I kill myself when people actually feel that Pac has all the tools to beat Mayweather. He does have a high punching rate, but so did Guerrero and you saw what happened there. Now comparing Manny to Guerrero but you know what I mean. 1. I just do not get what people see in Pac that they honestly believe that he would KO Mayweather. In the same breath they same people call Mayweather a runner, so how is Pac going to beat Mayweather when his greatest strength (Pac) is do beat opponents that are right in front of him? That is why he struggled with Bradley! His movement, and Bradley had a broken ankle!

2.The truth in the matter is, Mike A. should be fighting Pac and not Bam Bam.

1. I don't either, Floyd's superior skills is far too great for Manny (who is one dimensional) to overcome; Pac can only deal with Brawlers. He struggles with boxer severely, Bradley made him look ordinary and JMM took him to school in their 3 previous bouts but somehow these clowns believe he will simply KO Floyd, ridiculous.

2. Mike should've gotten that shot before Rios whether he deserved it or not and had Alvarado not show the ability to add some boxing in his last fight with Rios and simply fought him as he did in their first bout then I'm certain they would've taken him instead of Brandon.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 1 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

It's on according to Yahoo:

October 19th in Denver on HBO:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/mike-...-194059482.html

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:53 AM