> GGG and JCC jr., predictions?
HyyerBlaze
post Jan 8 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 8 2014, 03:08 PM) *
i agree sparring and fighting aren't nearly compatible so i'll give you that. and for the sparring rumors - i'm going by interviews with abel sanchez and youtube clips showing GGG sparring much bigger opponents (can't say that they're HWs). so i'll give you that as well - maybe abel's just doing his part to hype up GGG fair enough.

you mention the will to win and how it has a huge impact in a real fight. has jcc shown that will as of late? sure he caught serg in the last round and got amped, but the first 11 rounds he was a lazy ineffective bum. and i hardly saw any will in his fight against a lesser opponent in vera. i mostly saw a gassed, fatigued, and out of shape JCC who was trying to last through the rounds.

i'm not saying ggg wouldn't work cotto. i agree with you i'm sure he would too. i'm saying better BOXERS like cotto, serg, and andre ward would give gennady more problems than someone who would just go in and try to impose their size and will against him.

Lol yup...he sure used his head movement vs Sergio.Too bad he only moved it into Sergio's gloves lol.

His face was a mess after that fight.GGG would do more damage.He ain't as fast as Sergio but at this point in his career has more power imo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 8 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2014, 02:31 PM) *
GGG isn't as a big monster as you guys make him out to be. People around here were saying that Sergio would "decapitate" him...that didn't happen...he almost got stopped. GGG has yet to deal with the size and pressure that Chavez provides.

Had we placed a sig bet on the Broner/Maidana fight, a lot of yall would be rockin' a sig with some man in a rainbow-colored thong by now, lol. That fight SURELY didn't go the way most of yall planned for it to go.

Point is, Julio's not that same plodder who takes punches, just to give them back. He's actually using his head and feet more, throwing straight punches, and working behind his jab...as we saw in the Vera fight. Even if he was the old MW powerhouse that he used to be, GGG wouldn't just go in there and have his way with him.

Tired of these "monsters" being built up, just to get boxed to death and outlasted by somebody with less power and the actual wherewithal to outwork them.

By the way, at what weight would this take place...168, maybe?

dont also forget that ggg isnt a one dimensional puncher either, and he can box if he needs to. he couldnt knockdown or really hurt gabby, so he outboxed him and wore him down. He had to do that with stevens too. If he has too, he will rack up point and take the UD. He isnt a powerful one punch KO guy, he is more of a accumulation of blows ko guy, he can ko guys, but guys who can take his punch get broken down over time, thats his ace. Hes just like thurman,"they may take it for a few rounds baby, but they cant take it for all 12 thssson"

his biggest weakness imo is his lack of handspeed, hes really slow and he is very predictable. he kept throwing that left hook to the liver over and over trying to ko stevens, and he also kept throwing the overhand right. If someone like ard or sergio was in there he would be getting countered like a mofo. nobody has been able to test him like that yet tho, so well see what hes got. i think chavez fought the wrong fight with vera, his big slow dumb ass as trying to box on the move, and he just failed horribly. He coudlnt even really hurt vera and didnt even get enough respect to keep vera off him. i think ggg would beat him up just like sergio, but wthout the 12 round drama.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 8 2014, 01:31 PM) *
GGG isn't as a big monster as you guys make him out to be. People around here were saying that Sergio would "decapitate" him...that didn't happen...he almost got stopped. GGG has yet to deal with the size and pressure that Chavez provides.

Had we placed a sig bet on the Broner/Maidana fight, a lot of yall would be rockin' a sig with some man in a rainbow-colored thong by now, lol. That fight SURELY didn't go the way most of yall planned for it to go.

Point is, Julio's not that same plodder who takes punches, just to give them back. He's actually using his head and feet more, throwing straight punches, and working behind his jab...as we saw in the Vera fight. Even if he was the old MW powerhouse that he used to be, GGG wouldn't just go in there and have his way with him.

Tired of these "monsters" being built up, just to get boxed to death and outlasted by somebody with less power and the actual wherewithal to outwork them.

By the way, at what weight would this take place...168, maybe?

I love GGG and love watching him fight like many do but he's not as good as people make him out to be. And he;s damn sure not as good as Abel Sanchez thinks he is. He's getting too much credit for beating guys we knew he would beat in the first place. Fans will never learn not to fall in love with a KO artist, they always let you down.

Him and Julio would be a good fight and I'm not exactly sold that GGG would win. Chavez Jr is a big dude, I ain't buying this he putting out HW's in sparring shit because it's coming from his own people. Canelo was knocking out people in camp for the Mayweatherr fight and we all see how that turned out. Golovkin will have some trouble in the future and JCC Jr will give him problems

Styles make fights and I think fighters like Ward and I'm sure I'll take heat for this but I'd pick Andre Dirrell to beat him. I've seen moments of confusion on his face in the Rosado and the Stevens fights. What happens when he's not winning the rounds as easy as he has been before and he's in with a boxer who can stand up to his punches and throw their own shots? Ward even had it right, he saying he'll fight anyone from 160-175 but that's bullshit. If he moves up to those divisions he may get sparked

I don't know who'd win between these two but my prediction in the words of Clubber Lang is "Pain"

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jan 8 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Jr can't make 160 end of story

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 8 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 8 2014, 03:48 PM) *
i dont think rosado or mathew macklin qualify as plodders who take punches just to give them back. i think buddy mcgirt did wonders for macklin, and matt actually shows some good head movement as well as some slickness behind a solid jab. rosado too has some moderate-good defense and throws a variety of fast punches. not saying these are the best boxers in the world, but they are some very tough opposition that ggg virtually walked through. and given that brian vera (whose natural frame seems comparable to GGG) was able to bull-rush his way in to land some decent shots on JCC, i would think that ggg would have no problem doing the same. rumor has it that abel sanchez spars gennady with cruiserweights and light heavyweights so i dont think the bigger size in JCC would matter that much. if you were to throw gennady in with a better boxer like sergio or cotto then, there'd be more discussion as to what problems ggg would face.

would think that the fight would have to take place at 168 for JCC's sake.

Macklin and rosado are not "boxers". Please

And I read someone post that ggg can box?? If so where has he shown any ability to box? Because all I've ever seen in his fights is a oversized dude that does a nice job of cutting the ring off and taking his time against overmatched comp.

And if this dude moves up to 168 to fight chavez and not ward after all this BS talk about nobody wanting to fight him I will be beside myself. With the talent at 168 and this MF goes up for chavez of all people...

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 09:05 PM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2014, 08:31 PM) *

And I read someone post that ggg can box?? If so where has he shown any ability to box? Because all I've ever seen in his fights is a oversized dude that does a nice job of cutting the ring off and taking his time against overmatched comp.

And if this dude moves up to 168 to fight chavez and not ward after all this BS talk about nobody wanting to fight him I will be beside myself. With the talent at 168 and this MF goes up for chavez of all people...

explicitly said that these two were not the best boxers just tough opposition with decent skills.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 8 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 8 2014, 05:31 PM) *

HBO and his promoters would be STUPID to put him in any ring with SOG. He is starting to believe his own hype. Bad, bad, bad move. He needs to talk to Canelo about what happens when you start believing your own hype.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 8 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 8 2014, 10:09 PM) *
HBO and his promoters would be STUPID to put him in any ring with SOG. He is starting to believe his own hype. Bad, bad, bad move. He needs to talk to Canelo about what happens when you start believing your own hype.

i agree. i think ward would out-point him easily. but i do think the fight can and will be made somewhere down the line as there's so much hype around it. we've heard ward say on several telecasts that he's not impressed and wants ggg to become a little more seasoned. think they're just tryin to wait for the perfect time to garner the most attention from fans...

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 8 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #19

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

Fight of the Year Candidate, GGG's coming out party, Brutal war as it lasts. Chavez has a chin and the man can punch with the best of them, GGG will be feeling that. I give the slight nod to GGG but think he will be cut up and both of them will be bloody by the time it ends.

They both get hit too much, and both are big punches, this fight will be very interesting. I hope it happens.

Let GGG vs Chavez happen and make some bucks, then let Ward get winner and we have a good year. Finally fighters on the same channel that will most likely be fighting soon!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 8 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Jan 8 2014, 06:26 PM) *
Jr can't make 160 end of story

Yup, this is a fantasy fight at 160. Dude had the weight for his fight with Vera changed like 5 damn times. Ain't no way he making 160 again, unless he takes more diuretics. And he's already pushing for a belt at SMW. If this fight happens, GGG would have to move up and that makes things even more interesting

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 12:57 PM