Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cassius Clay vs Mike Tyson, Primes
PR316
post Mar 8 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 107

Young Clay had been knocked down in one of his fights pre-Liston(I forgot which one).

Do any of you see young Mike possibly getting Clay down and keeping him down?..

I think he has a good chance, but would favor Clay via late stoppage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 9 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #2

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

I would pick Ali over Tyson anyday..

+Quote Post
BigG
post Mar 11 2010, 06:13 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

Ali by late TKO.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Mar 11 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Easy money. Brutal & humilitaing for Mike.

+Quote Post
KENSOFINE
post Mar 12 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,591

If you look at old footage of Mike Tyson in the hands of Cus, then its pretty clear that he would have beaten a prime Ali. He had speed and head movement. He was a much faster, hard hitting version of Frazier. Most of Ali's notable wins were the result of peoples exploitable flaws. Foreman was strong but slow. Frazier was powerful but loved walking straight forward into bombs.

etc etc etc.

+Quote Post
JonnyBlaze
post Mar 14 2010, 06:14 AM
Post #6

The Savage

Member No.: 6,227

QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Mar 12 2010, 09:30 AM) *
If you look at old footage of Mike Tyson in the hands of Cus, then its pretty clear that he would have beaten a prime Ali. He had speed and head movement. He was a much faster, hard hitting version of Frazier. Most of Ali's notable wins were the result of peoples exploitable flaws. Foreman was strong but slow. Frazier was powerful but loved walking straight forward into bombs.

etc etc etc.

You forgot Tyson's predictable head movement..He would just move from side to side..To beat Tyson,you needed to time him and study him while fighting him..Why do you think the guys who lost to him got beat??They were scared,which enabled them to think clearly(time/study him) and be relaxed(take a better punch and react better)..If you're tense,your neck is stiff and when you get hit,you're head will snap harder than if it were relaxed..Think of it as the same thing as to why drunk drivers survive bad car accidents,because their body is relaxed and they go with it(like rolling a punch) instead of trying to resist it and stay flexed..Anyway,if you don't think against Tyson,you're DONE!!

Buster Douglas and Lennox Lewis showed how it was done for someone to box him from the outside..Holyfield fought Tyson on the inside and out..Ali would just keep him away with his faster,longer,harder jab than Douglas had..

+Quote Post
grapevine241
post Mar 25 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 10,811

yup, ali takes him late and drowns him. TKO by ali anytime after 6

+Quote Post
PR316
post Mar 26 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Even though I take Ali, Tyson would be dangerous especially those first 6 rounds. Lets not let it escape us for a second that Tyson could very well take him out. This one's no given,.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Apr 2 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #9

Guests

Clay-Tyson resembles a lot of Ali-Frazier for me when I think about the similarities in style between both Tyson and Frazier. I think the outcome of the fights would also be the same if they fought 3 times with Tyson winning the first fight & Clay winning the second and third.

Comparing both Frazier & Tyson I gotta give the edge in speed, power, chin, foot work, jab & reflexes to Tyson who fought at a higher intensity also. Tyson had some really good head movement & also had a great jab for his size which he used both for his defense, which was then to create his offense. This would have seen Clay take a visit to the canvas from early-middle rounds & lose a decision against more effective, busier Tyson.

Clay would take the second fight by decision after some scary moments early & would adjust by the middle rounds to take a very hard fought clear decision against a game Tyson.

Third fight, Cassius Clay is more prepared and dances around Tyson & peppers him with the jab & hurts him more effectively than the other two bouts. I think Clay ends up really frustrating a tired Mike Tyson in the final fight & stops him in the championship rounds with the ref jumping in to wave the fight off.

Both fighters have what it takes to beat each other & could picture the fight going in favour of either greats but Clay edges this mythical match-up between two of boxings biggest of all time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:25 AM