IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Donaire/Nishioka and Rios/Alvarado Doubleheader, Rios vs Alvarado Poll Added (screw the Donaire fight)
Rios vs Alvarado
Who takes it?
Alvarado by Decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarado by Decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarado by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by Decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by Decision (wide) [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Rios by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Reponse) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
*Rios by Robbery* [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 6

checkleft
post Aug 3 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 3 2012, 08:42 PM) *
moreno? yes, rigondaeux? no. simply because he has only had ten fights, and i doubt brings as much to the table as donaire, its a simple matter or not having earnt it.

Can't agree at all. Rigo is a 2 time gold medalist (would have had 3 but tried to defect and wasn't allowed to go anymore) he was knocking multiple fighters out in the Olympics and he is considered the greatest amateur of all time (over 4-5 hundred fights I believe). The only reason he only has ten fights is because he couldnt get off Cuba.

I would give him dibs over most in the division, and that's saying a lot because the division is good. If the boxing world made any sense it would be donaire having to ask Rigo for a fight lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 4 2012, 06:11 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I dont mean it in a matter of skill i mean it feom the business point of view, rigondeux is obviously very talented but can he fill seats, and will arum really let him fight donaire

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 4 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Well Professor, you're right...Arce is requesting a tune-up bout on Sept. 1, so that he can have another fight on Sept. 15th in Mexico. This dude is all backwards. First of all, NOBODY is going to be watching that shit, because Mexico's current superstars (Chavez and Alvarez) have that date locked in. His best bet it try and get a spot on the Chavez card, but this dude just lost me...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 4 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Well Professor, you're right...Arce is requesting a tune-up bout on Sept. 1, so that he can have another fight on Sept. 15th in Mexico. This dude is all backwards. First of all, NOBODY is going to be watching that shit, because Mexico's current superstars (Chavez and Alvarez) have that date locked in. His best bet it try and get a spot on the Chavez card, but this dude just lost me...

arce is a popular dude in mexico because of some tv show he was on there. i'm sure he could carve out a decent payday without donaire or having to be on the undercard for toprank matched tough. it's looking like he's making business decisions...much the same way donaire was for choosing arce in the first place. we have donaire to thank for this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) all these business fighters are killing the sport.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

it's official...it's going to be noshioka...or whatever his name is. i just became officially uninterested. i'll watch for the undercard. rios/alvarado is going to be a zero defense/all out war/rock 'em sock 'em robots kind of match. is it wrong that i wanna see him get stopped? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 9 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I'm wondering if Alvarado's lip has healed up. That shit was ripped in the Prescott fight, and he literally beat the hell out of Herrera in his last fight, and that lip opened up again. He WILL get hit in the Rios fight, so we'll see how he fairs.

As for the winner of this fight...who knows. They both have a reputation for losing the early rounds, and winning come from behind fights. With that said, one is worse than the other, Im speaking of Alvarado...since Rios was a damn Jr MW fighting LWs.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Bumped! Poll added!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 5 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

anyone going to this?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Oct 5 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

When is this? This saturday?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 5 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 5 2012, 04:11 PM) *
anyone going to this?

Trust me Professor, I tried my hardest. It was just too last-minute...not to mention the fucktard who raided Press Row with fake ass FightHype credentials...fuckin' it up for everybody. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) On top of that, I spent waaay too much money in Vegas last month, and seemingly recovering at the moment. Lol

QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 5 2012, 06:44 PM) *
When is this? This saturday?

Nope, you got another week. Lol. It's on the 13th. I had it in the thread title, but took off and added Nishioka's name, since Arce got skeptical. Lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 10:17 PM