IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's lookin like Broner vs. Demarco, not Guerrero...
Franchize
post Sep 10 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Sep 10 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Robert the Ghost clearly jumped the 140lb division because its stacked with talent imo. He thinks he can try position himself to get the Floyd shot at WW, and actually thinks that Floyd has depreciated enough for him to get that shock win. Dude thinks that beating Selcuk Aydin warrants a shot at the current P4P king?! C'mon son.. Why not call out Bradley, or the host of talent at 140? Got guys like Garcia, Mattyhse etc... Instead dude only calls out Floyd, and is now tryna arrange a 147lb fight with the "diet Floyd" Broner...

I know he's tryna raise the profile an get paid, but why not do it the way guys like Floyd had to. Take out the dudes around you first, can't have ONE fight at the weight an expect to get a shot at the champ when you have like no name recognition. Guys like Floyd and Manny can do that, have ONE or no fights in a div an get a championship shot, they bring a lot of money to the table. Guys like the Ghost, he gotta do a lot more to get that type of pull. The Selcuk win was impressive, but one good win doesn't make you an elite fighter, not forgetting that was only Selcuk's 2nd time fighting outside of Europe. So he wasn't exactly "seasoned" himself.

So he beats a relative unknown... on points... Then expects to land a fight with the biggest draw in boxing, tryna claim that dude's a coward if he chooses to not accept the challenge.

Broner should def make him wait, why jump divisions too early and change up ur career plan to accomodate a guy who has less of a name than urself? Plus he'd prob get more credit for beating DeMarco anyway...

LMAO @ Diet Floyd.

Bottom line is, I think Guerrero and other fighters see it like this:

I know if I call out Floyd, at the very least, Pactards and Floyd Haters will add my name to the list of people he supposedly ducked. I might also get him to diss me, and they say "all publicity is good publicity." Then, there's the possibility that he may actually bite and take me up on that challenge. Now I know I'm going to get that ass handed to me. I know that man is going to put it on me. But let's face it. It's worth taking an L and getting schooled for 12 rounds if I can see the biggest pay day I'll ever get in my career. Furthermore, Floyd isn't a HUGE power puncher, so it's not like he'll damage me permanently. Why not? Not to mention, if I somehow get lucky and win, I become the biggest new star in boxing. If I lose, I'm just another guy that lost to Floyd. No shame in that. People will still no me. Losing to Floyd will do more for my career than beating Aydin or any other no name with a meaningless belt.

Problem I have with Guerrero in comparison with these other guys is, we all know that none of them are fuckin with Floyd. However, at least guys like Bradley, Alexander, Khan have people on their resume. Guerrero has nobody. If someone said to Guerrero "why should Floyd fight you." What's he gonna say besides that lame ass belt? What story line is there behind Guerrero other than his wife having cancer? That doesn't sell tickets. That doesn't sell PPVs. Fans don't spend their hard earned money for that. He had big names on the plate and he chose to avoid ALL of them. Maidana, Malinaggi, Judah, Khan. In every instance when it was presented as an opportunity, he either backed out or avoided it altogether. All guys with names bigger than his. You live in a bubble Guerrero. Before you go trying to take bread off the next man's table.... "FINISH YOUR BREAKFAST"

I don't know about yall, but when I was a youngin and my moms made dinner, before you got juice or got to eat any dessert, you had to eat them veggies. Paulie, Zab, Maidana etc.... THAT'S YOUR VEGGIES MOTHERFUCKER!!! I don't wanna hear a peep out of you until that plate is clean!

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 10 2012, 12:12 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 10 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 10 2012, 01:10 PM) *
LMAO @ Diet Floyd.

Bottom line is, I think Guerrero and other fighters see it like this:

I know if I call out Floyd, at the very least, Pactards and Floyd Haters will add my name to the list of people he supposedly ducked. I might also get him to diss me, and they say "all publicity is good publicity." Then, there's the possibility that he may actually bite and take me up on that challenge. Now I know I'm going to get that ass handed to me. I know that man is going to put it on me. But let's face it. It's worth taking an L and getting schooled for 12 rounds if I can see the biggest pay day I'll ever get in my career. Furthermore, Floyd isn't a HUGE power puncher, so it's not like he'll damage me permanently. Why not? Not to mention, if I somehow get lucky and win, I become the biggest new star in boxing. If I lose, I'm just another guy that lost to Floyd. No shame in that. People will still no me. Losing to Floyd will do more for my career than beating Aydin or any other no name with a meaningless belt.

Problem I have with Guerrero in comparison with these other guys is, we all know that none of them are fuckin with Floyd. However, at least guys like Bradley, Alexander, Khan have people on their resume. Guerrero has nobody. If someone said to Guerrero "why should Floyd fight you." What's he gonna say besides that lame ass belt? What story line is there behind Guerrero other than his wife having cancer? That doesn't sell tickets. That doesn't sell PPVs. Fans don't spend their hard earned money for that. He had big names on the plate and he chose to avoid ALL of them. Maidana, Malinaggi, Judah, Khan. In every instance when it was presented as an opportunity, he either backed out or avoided it altogether. All guys with names bigger than his. You live in a bubble Guerrero. Before you go trying to take bread off the next man's table.... "FINISH YOUR BREAKFAST"

I don't know about yall, but when I was a youngin and my moms made dinner, before you got juice or got to eat any dessert, you had to eat them veggies. Paulie, Zab, Maidana etc.... THAT'S YOUR VEGGIES MOTHERFUCKER!!! I don't wanna hear a peep out of you until that plate is clean!

Lmao @ the veggies comment. I guess most mothers think alike in those terms lol.

I agree though, plenty of names between 140lbs. - 147lbs. For this guy to try and build his status back up after that canceled fight with Maidana. Aydin seems to be a tough fighter but the general public is unfamiliar with him. It's almost like he did the "fist pump" when he got Broner's attention. The perfect style that mocks Floyd's style, just younger and far less proven. Someone he feels he has more experience over as well as size, so if he were to some how beat Broner it would be viewed to the public as the "PROBLEM SOLVER" to Floyd's style hence setting up a fight between the two. But like all guys that take a unexpected fall off the latter, u jus gotta climb back up.

Being champion is a good start, but where talking MONEY here.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 10 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:20 PM) *
LOL

I'd like to see the Demarco fight. It makes sense, and its at a weight that Broner doesn't have to rush to. Guerrero will learn his lesson at WW, and we'll see him at 140 in no time.

If Broner rushes to 147 to face Robert (who will never seem to get the payday and stardom that he's looking for) and wins or loses, then what? Move back down to LW? Guerrero needs to get bent, and find a meaningful fight the division that he raced to.

but it's broner that was calling out guerrero's name...not the other way around. don't get me wrong...i think broner has skills...but until he jumps two weight classes to take on an undefeated guy with plenty of ko's the way guerrero just did....i think guerrero is a step above broner in the accomplishment department. in broners case....he shouldn't let his mouth write checks his ass can't cash. looks to me like guerrero is willing to fight him. the next move is broners.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 10 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 9 2012, 09:42 PM) *
There is nothing guerrero does as well as broner except maybe talk and annoy people. At least with demarco you gave someone that we know has knockout power (been on like a three fight knockout streak I think?) Puts pressure on fighters and seems to have decent ring intelligence.

I agree with this. High risk of ruining his body over a very low reward win against another unproven fighter

demarco is slow and we just saw how he struggle with linares before he got him late. he's tailor made for broner. that fight doesn't interest me.

guerrero on the other hand has fast and heavy hands. he's a much better match up for broner. broner was the one talking shit to begin with....let's see him back it up.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 10 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Sep 10 2012, 06:54 AM) *
Robert the Ghost clearly jumped the 140lb division because its stacked with talent imo. He thinks he can try position himself to get the Floyd shot at WW, and actually thinks that Floyd has depreciated enough for him to get that shock win. Dude thinks that beating Selcuk Aydin warrants a shot at the current P4P king?! C'mon son.. Why not call out Bradley, or the host of talent at 140? Got guys like Garcia, Mattyhse etc... Instead dude only calls out Floyd, and is now tryna arrange a 147lb fight with the "diet Floyd" Broner...

I know he's tryna raise the profile an get paid, but why not do it the way guys like Floyd had to. Take out the dudes around you first, can't have ONE fight at the weight an expect to get a shot at the champ when you have like no name recognition. Guys like Floyd and Manny can do that, have ONE or no fights in a div an get a championship shot, they bring a lot of money to the table. Guys like the Ghost, he gotta do a lot more to get that type of pull. The Selcuk win was impressive, but one good win doesn't make you an elite fighter, not forgetting that was only Selcuk's 2nd time fighting outside of Europe. So he wasn't exactly "seasoned" himself.

So he beats a relative unknown... on points... Then expects to land a fight with the biggest draw in boxing, tryna claim that dude's a coward if he chooses to not accept the challenge.

Broner should def make him wait, why jump divisions too early and change up ur career plan to accomodate a guy who has less of a name than urself? Plus he'd prob get more credit for beating DeMarco anyway...

he fought selcuk for the mandatory spot for the wbc. i have no problem with him calling out the man who holds the wbc title when he just won the mandatory position against an undefeated fighter two divisions above what he normally fights at.

broner was the one talking shit. he calls broner on it...broner is the one that needs to back it up. while i would thoroughly enjoy watching guerrero/broner....i respect guerrero more, because 1. he actually put himself in the mandatory position to face floyd after he called him out....and 2. he has the balls to actually call him out in the first place.

broner made himself floyds gatekeeper? he wasn't even in the conversation til he started talking shit. guerrero let it be known that he'll fight broner...broner needs to step up and back up his words or stfu and get out the way. it's that simple.

i have zero problem with fighters calling each other out. that's what the sport is about. remember lacy calling out calzaghe? or floyd calling out dlh....or dawson calling out ward....it's what makes the boxing world go round. plenty fighters have called out floyd....he's answered very few. guerrero is a worthy opponent.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 10 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 08:59 PM) *
but it's broner that was calling out guerrero's name...not the other way around. don't get me wrong...i think broner has skills...but until he jumps two weight classes to take on an undefeated guy with plenty of ko's the way guerrero just did....i think guerrero is a step above broner in the accomplishment department. in broners case....he shouldn't let his mouth write checks his ass can't cash. looks to me like guerrero is willing to fight him. the next move is broners.

Im just laughing at how Guerrero thinks he has a solid spot at WW because he beat Aydin, still dont understand that. Do you see any top WW even entertaining smack talk from a guy who hasn't even had his first fight at LW?

I mean he was SERIOUSLY entertaining it...having his publicist "conveniently" whipping out his camera to record it..it looked planned to me. I think its safe to say that Robert is just confused at this point of time.

If he's serious about his reign at WW, then he shouldn't even be entertaining Broner, let alone, telling him to come up in weight. Floyd did the shit with JMM, which I didn't completely agree with, but you're talking about two fighters with names and a following.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 09:14 PM) *
he fought selcuk for the mandatory spot for the wbc. i have no problem with him calling out the man who holds the wbc title when he just won the mandatory position against an undefeated fighter two divisions above what he normally fights at.

broner was the one talking shit. he calls broner on it...broner is the one that needs to back it up. while i would thoroughly enjoy watching guerrero/broner....i respect guerrero more, because 1. he actually put himself in the mandatory position to face floyd after he called him out....and 2. he has the balls to actually call him out in the first place.

broner made himself floyds gatekeeper? he wasn't even in the conversation til he started talking shit. guerrero let it be known that he'll fight broner...broner needs to step up and back up his words or stfu and get out the way. it's that simple.

i have zero problem with fighters calling each other out. that's what the sport is about. remember lacy calling out calzaghe? or floyd calling out dlh....or dawson calling out ward....it's what makes the boxing world go round. plenty fighters have called out floyd....he's answered very few. guerrero is a worthy opponent.

Professor, you're my main man 50 grand, but its safe to say that you're putting way too much stock in Robert Guerrero...you may be one of his few fans. I hate him and Broner equally, and neither have accomplished as much as they think they have.

With that in mind, at least Broner is being reasonable about the guys that he's calling out. Guerrero has made the weight to get a Floyd fight, but his mind hasn't computed the fact that no one knows who he is, and he's yet to have a breakout performance.

It's not because he hasn't been given the chance, it's because he feels that he's too good to take on these guys. Either that, or he feels like they will slow down his journey to big fights. For a guy who has been out of the ring due to injury and his wife's illness over the years...one would have to ask if he's financially comfortable. He obviously is, if he's passing up all of these fights with a false sense of hope for a big fight.

You're right about smaller guys calling out bigger fighters, in regards to Broner calling out Robert, but they actually fought their way up. Im not sure how right I am about this, but I sincerely believe that Broner was just making fun of Guerrero, and Robert made a big deal of it, like he was being called out. Correct me on that part if you will, I could truly be wrong.

Answer this, even though Broner may have called out Guerrero, what is he actually getting in the way of? What big reasonable plans does Robert have pending? Is Adrien getting in the way of Robert twiddling his thumbs and waiting on a Floyd fight that wont happen? That makes no sense. How is he actually getting in the way of anything, if Robert is actually entertaining him...shows us how much Robert has going for himself if he's entertaining a guy who hasn't even fought at LW yet.

Anyhow, this "title" that you speak of, is non-existent. From what I remember, the WBC never did "interim" titles, like other sanctioning bodies. They more than likely just made that shit up for Robert, because they want another Hispanic champion, since Floyd was on his way to jail, and they had no idea of his plans.

Robert would be just as great a fighter, as you believe him to be, and honestly, he is good. He's making a dumb business move right now, and Im wondering why no one is tapping him on the shoulder to tell him that he's way off. A great fighter fights...he doesn't sit around with a made-up title, hoping for a guy who doesn't fight mandatories, to get old overnight and accept his challenge. Just weird to me, and its hard to respect.

He and K-9 are in the same boat. You see how long he waited and begged for a fight, and who did he end up in the ring with? Yep, you got it...a shot Spinks. Who did Guerrero end up in the ring with after all of that crying and whining? An unknown Aydin. Waiting around and calling out guys, doesn't work for everybody. I liked Robert better when he was active, but not so much nowadays. I STILL cant stand Broner, regardless.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 10 2012, 10:48 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 08:01 PM) *
demarco is slow and we just saw how he struggle with linares before he got him late. he's tailor made for broner. that fight doesn't interest me.

guerrero on the other hand has fast and heavy hands. he's a much better match up for broner. broner was the one talking shit to begin with....let's see him back it up.

...he said send me the contract.. I don't understand where he's not backing it up. This dude is over here saying hes worthy of a shot at Floyd and he's worried about a guy who hasn't fought anyone and is two divisions under him?

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 10 2012, 08:14 PM) *

I'm pretty sure every professional boxer wants Floyd it doesn't take balls. It takes two brain cells a bank account and bills to pay to see that an ass kicking or a complete schooling by Floyd could have you paid for life especially in a little place like gilroy lol. Btw, how was aydin a mandatory? I don't think he had ever even fought in the US or against any contender. These sanctions are full of shit

How about focusing on maybe Alexander Bailey, berto, ortiz, Bradley, shit even kell brook!
You say your as good as you are, prove it. You know Floyd ain't fighting your ass because your some bs mandatory lol he'd rather drop the belt and not have to pay the fee for his next fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 11 2012, 01:13 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Broner and Demarco should put on a good scrap. I'd still like to see Broner and Guerrero at some point in the future though. Guerrero is not going to get the opportunity he thinks he deserves against Floyd or any big money fight. He simply brings nothing to the table

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 11 2012, 02:58 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

i remember in '03 when i went to see roy fight john ruiz. i was sitting ringside and met plenty of ppl that day. vernon forrest...who was cool as shit and i got a pic with him. max kellerman...he seemed kind of full of himself and i regretted asking him for a pic. i met buddy mcgirt...another dude cool as shit. but the guy i met that day who left the biggest impression on me by far was antonio tarver. i remember asking him...'what's next?' he said...'i'm here to call out roy jones.' ....and i thought he was crazy. the look on my face must have said it...because he smiled like he knew something. i continued the conversation...and i can tell u that he spoke with conviction...and he sort of made me a believer. after roys win...i headed over for the press conference and i was shocked when tarver began to disrupt the event and was calling out roy. i was like...man...this audacity of this dude!!! what makes him think he has a chance against roy!? god bless him...i'll watch him get destroyed. little did i know then. i have to tell u, when they finally fought...i was wrong. tarver showed me what he was made of....and in the rematch...i knew he would win. i didn't think it would be by vicious ko...but wow!!! 'got any excuses tonite roy?' is as classic as it gets!!! i've never heard or seen anything on that level before or since.

so when a guy like guerrero...who all of u think is out of his league, calls out floyd....i get it. all the arguments u make against the fight happening are legit...and i can easily join in and make additional points. but the thing is....i don't see or hear anyone calling out floyd. i mean...i know there are a lot of guys that would like to fight him...but they're not saying it with the same conviction as guerrero. berto almost sounds apologetic. i don't hear the confidence in bradley's voice....and we all know pac really don't want floyd. i seriously doubt martinez ever gets in the ring with floyd...so to me, guerrero wants it...give it to him. what's the worst that can happen? floyd shines on him...gets another pay day and gets work with a southpaw. or...guerrero actually puts up a fight and floyd has to earn another check that he has to bleed for. i guess the point i'm making is...u just never know. look at how many ppl thought cotto would be destroyed by floyd. there were plenty. but there seems to be far more against this fight. that just makes me want to see it more. i doubt guerrero gets it....but the worst case scenario for him....he'll be wearing the wbc strap that floyd once wore. floyds got love for the wbc. say what u will about the sanctioning bodies...we all know they're full of shit....but that strap is valuable.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 11 2012, 10:25 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 11 2012, 03:58 AM) *
i remember in '03 when i went to see roy fight john ruiz. i was sitting ringside and met plenty of ppl that day. vernon forrest...who was cool as shit and i got a pic with him. max kellerman...he seemed kind of full of himself and i regretted asking him for a pic. i met buddy mcgirt...another dude cool as shit. but the guy i met that day who left the biggest impression on me by far was antonio tarver. i remember asking him...'what's next?' he said...'i'm here to call out roy jones.' ....and i thought he was crazy. the look on my face must have said it...because he smiled like he knew something. i continued the conversation...and i can tell u that he spoke with conviction...and he sort of made me a believer. after roys win...i headed over for the press conference and i was shocked when tarver began to disrupt the event and was calling out roy. i was like...man...this audacity of this dude!!! what makes him think he has a chance against roy!? god bless him...i'll watch him get destroyed. little did i know then. i have to tell u, when they finally fought...i was wrong. tarver showed me what he was made of....and in the rematch...i knew he would win. i didn't think it would be by vicious ko...but wow!!! 'got any excuses tonite roy?' is as classic as it gets!!! i've never heard or seen anything on that level before or since.

so when a guy like guerrero...who all of u think is out of his league, calls out floyd....i get it. all the arguments u make against the fight happening are legit...and i can easily join in and make additional points. but the thing is....i don't see or hear anyone calling out floyd. i mean...i know there are a lot of guys that would like to fight him...but they're not saying it with the same conviction as guerrero. berto almost sounds apologetic. i don't hear the confidence in bradley's voice....and we all know pac really don't want floyd. i seriously doubt martinez ever gets in the ring with floyd...so to me, guerrero wants it...give it to him. what's the worst that can happen? floyd shines on him...gets another pay day and gets work with a southpaw. or...guerrero actually puts up a fight and floyd has to earn another check that he has to bleed for. i guess the point i'm making is...u just never know. look at how many ppl thought cotto would be destroyed by floyd. there were plenty. but there seems to be far more against this fight. that just makes me want to see it more. i doubt guerrero gets it....but the worst case scenario for him....he'll be wearing the wbc strap that floyd once wore. floyds got love for the wbc. say what u will about the sanctioning bodies...we all know they're full of shit....but that strap is valuable.

You put a nice spin on it that makes me look at it from another angle. That being said, there's one huge, glaring difference. Roy was running out of opponents. That division was weak. Tarver had some clout because there weren't many people to chose from. There are PLENTY of fighters from 140-147 to fight. It isn't like Guerrero is the main option and Floyd would rather not fight than scrap with him. As I said before, finish your breakfast. Cut your grass before you start pruning trees and trimming bushes. Guerrero is like Jesse Vargas level as far as popularity. Boxing has a totem pole, and he isn't anywhere near the top of it. You can't call Floyd scared and challenge his manhood when you pulled out of a fight with Maidana and didn't even revisit it.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:13 PM