IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan, A lot of bark. Does he have the bite to match?
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 22 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 22 2011, 04:47 PM) *
So what the fuck are you even talking about then??? You're not even from America homeboy. I think you're a Haz Mane Stan Boy. I'm going to open up a blog site just for you guys to come and share your ignorant hatred. I think i'm going to call it Collision Boxing.Com

And I think the lord for that, but I dont understand what that has to do with anything
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #22

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Speaking of doing a lot of talking, remember the time you issued an open challenge to a bare knuckle fight with anyone from fighthype at the May Ortiz presser in NY and then didnt show up?

Lmao! Here we go again! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Sep 22 2011, 03:38 AM) *
Khan is doing a lot of talking but in no way do i think he's getting a head of himself. He's being realistic in saying he isnt ready for Mayweather yet but that he thinks he will be in 2-3 fights time. For me thats bang on. Khan is improving every single fight and looks like he's just one big fight away from making that step up to the elite and stardom. For me Khan is the best prospect boxing has at the minute the man has everything, electirc hands, power in both, good footwork and a good chin (yes you read that right a good chin). I can see him cleaning out the 140, moving up to 147 for Mayweather and catching him at the end of his career and then again moving up to 154, he's big enough and has a long enough reach to do well in the 154 division.

Self-promotion is something that Bradley and few other fighters need to learn. By simply stating, "this guy's scared, blah blah blah"...doesn't work nowadays. Khan is preparing himself for a showdown, though it may be a pipe dream. As far as him moving up to 154, it may be a bad idea. Corrales was tall for his weight, but the more he moved up in wieght, the worse he performed. So Khan, may want to hold off on that and hang in there at WW.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Why? This business is all about self promotion. Mayweather is a perfect example. He targeted De la Fishnets about 2 years before he actually fought him. In fact he made it very clear that the Judah fight was all about testing himself in the higher weights with the ultimate goal to meet Oscar.

There is nothing wrong with laying out your blueprint for the world to see. It takes some moxy but good for Khan.

Mayweather did exactly what he had to do to get that big fight, and he performed well enough to deserve it.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 22 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #24

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 11:56 PM) *
He wont even tell us what he was convicted for, I mean, why would you call yourself convictedfelon unless you want people to ask?

Theres a word for people like that

He just wants to be like Mayweather who will soon be a convicted felon if there is any justice in the world just like his daddy.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 22 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 23 2011, 05:51 AM) *
Self-promotion is something that Bradley and few other fighters need to learn. By simply stating, "this guy's scared, blah blah blah"...doesn't work nowadays. Khan is preparing himself for a showdown, though it may be a pipe dream. As far as him moving up to 154, it may be a bad idea. Corrales was tall for his weight, but the more he moved up in wieght, the worse he performed. So Khan, may want to hold off on that and hang in there at WW.

Mayweather did exactly what he had to do to get that big fight, and he performed well enough to deserve it.

Which is my point, Khan is beating everyone they are putting in front of him, as made (I think) an honest attempt to get Tim Bradley in the ring and is now trying to position him for the biggest payday you can get in boxing. I don't see what he is doing wrong.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 22 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Which is my point, Khan is beating everyone they are putting in front of him, as made (I think) an honest attempt to get Tim Bradley in the ring and is now trying to position him for the biggest payday you can get in boxing. I don't see what he is doing wrong.

I agree, Khan is making it happen for himself. Bradley is doing nothing but screwing himself, by sitting out and hoping to cash in.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Sep 23 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #27

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Speaking of doing a lot of talking, remember the time you issued an open challenge to a bare knuckle fight with anyone from fighthype at the May Ortiz presser in NY and then didnt show up?

I'm new on here as far as posting and having an account but I remember reading that and thought "Convicted Felon? Bareknuckle fight at public place?? IDIOT!!!!" LOL

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 23 2011, 01:09 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Khans chin is still not very good, its mostly his fault tho his defense is still bad. Not very much head movement he can't fight going backwards which is a problem because he finds himself on his bike when pressured and when he's back peddling he holds his chin out and leans back rather then moving his head or having his hands up. But he has the most upside I think other than Donair out of all the up and coming stars in the sport.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Sep 23 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #29

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 03:54 PM) *
I'm new on here as far as posting and having an account but I remember reading that and thought "Convicted Felon? Bareknuckle fight at public place?? IDIOT!!!!" LOL

Have not seen your other 2 posts but the above one has been a greater contribution to this board than Hazsuckeddickbehindbars made in 170 odd posts.

+Quote Post
chicagogato
post Sep 23 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #30

Amateur

Member No.: 13,195

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Why? This business is all about self promotion. Mayweather is a perfect example. He targeted De la Fishnets about 2 years before he actually fought him. In fact he made it very clear that the Judah fight was all about testing himself in the higher weights with the ultimate goal to meet Oscar.

There is nothing wrong with laying out your blueprint for the world to see. It takes some moxy but good for Khan.

We know Mayweather. He's an excellent boxer, 42 & 0, Never been knocked out. Khan is no Mayweather.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:57 AM