IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happens to Pacquiao's career if Rios KO's him?, Does he get another top fight or what??
Dolimite
post Jul 13 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 13 2013, 01:12 AM) *
If he gets knocked out by Rios, I think he should retire, however if that happens I still see Arum putting him in there a few more times to squeeze every last penny he can out of Pacquiao's career

+1
Manny is still very much a cash cow. But Rios ain't getting a decision in Macau. If Manny wins and still looks bad, it doesn't matter. His next opponent could be against Cotto, but I am thinking he wants to take care of Bradley. JMM might retire after this fight. I don't think he will fight Pac for the 5th fucking time. I hope he wouldn't.

Chi, what sup with the national guard coming to Chicago? Is shit that bad? Lord.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Jul 13 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 12 2013, 03:10 PM) *
You know it's funny how you can go on just about any boxing website or boxing blog and still hear Manny's delusional fans going on about how when he wins this fight it keeps the Mayweather fight alive and whatnot, it's as though JMM knocked them silly when he flattened Pacquiao. Manny's fans go on and on about Floyd ducking him and how he KO's Floyd and blah, blah blah, it's really old but it beckons two questions:

1. What happens if Rios KO's Pac? (not likely but possible)

2. If Pac wins in spectacular fashion (as many expects/suspects), does this do anything for him in the Mayweather Lottery??

Personally, I don't think beating a guy like Rios (who just came off a loss like many of Manny's other opponents: DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley......the list goes on and on) gives him any leeway into the stakes of the Money Lottery. I still hold that MP should revenge Bradley and then JMM in that order after this fight with Rios to prove that those victories were flukes/didn't really mean much and then he can call out Floyd.

Your thoughts???

1. If Pac gets KO'd by Rios, his career is pretty much over. He will fight a few more times, but I don't think he would EVER be the same.

2. If Pac smokes Rios, I think the Mayweather fight will draw more interest but it won't take place. Pac's next fight would be against the Marquez/Bradley winner and Mayweather's next fight would be against the Garcia/LM winner.

Face it, the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight isn't going to happen. There are enough fights on both sides for each fighter.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 13 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 13 2013, 08:41 AM) *
+1
Manny is still very much a cash cow. But Rios ain't getting a decision in Macau. If Manny wins and still looks bad, it doesn't matter. His next opponent could be against Cotto, but I am thinking he wants to take care of Bradley. JMM might retire after this fight. I don't think he will fight Pac for the 5th fucking time. I hope he wouldn't.

Chi, what sup with the national guard coming to Chicago? Is shit that bad? Lord.

I still think Pacquiao will win that fight but if Rios pulls it off I think it should be mentioned to Pacquiao by someone in his camp that it's time to move on to the next phase in life.

Haven't heard anything about that so I doubt it happens. They've been saying that for years and it ain't happen so I'm sure it's just political talk

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 13 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Boxing "fans" will write him off, especially if he gets stopped again. You know how fickle they can be.

His best bet is to win his next couple of fights, and PRAY that a deal can be reached for the "fight that never happened", so he can get his peanuts and move on with his life. I cant say that Arum has done him completely wrong, that would be a lie, because he did make him THIS famous, especially when people started to lose interest in

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 14 2013, 08:22 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

How could Manny land a fight with Floyd is beyond me. Come on guys.....Arum. At this point, the fight should not be even mentioned. Its pointless...Same with JMM - although that fight actually CAN happen. But again...no need for it.

Anyways.....The real question that I want to see answered is - How will Manny behave in the ring having been totalled by JMM? BUT....I think Rios is a Margarito clone and will end up the same.
If Manny gets KOd, I think he will retire....Jinkee won't let him continue..she almost died when Pac got his ass taxed.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 14 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 13 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Boxing "fans" will write him off, especially if he gets stopped again. You know how fickle they can be.

His best bet is to win his next couple of fights, and PRAY that a deal can be reached for the "fight that never happened", so he can get his peanuts and move on with his life. I cant say that Arum has done him completely wrong, that would be a lie, because he did make him THIS famous, especially when people started to lose interest in

I will play along Cshels,

If Pac wins, but looks like total shit against Rios (see Gamboa's last fight), what happens then? They can boast that Pac is back and there are plenty of blow hard reporters that will say just that. They will even say Pac had ring rust, which is why he looked like total shit. However, Manny did win. Two things Arum can do at this point to hype Manny back to his super star status. Start hyping up Pac and Mayweather, or get him back in the ring with Tim Bradley in March. If Tim loses to Juan Manuel (which I think he will), then the fight will happen and Pac will win. Not in great fashion, but a win is a win. At this point, people will be screaming for the Mayweather and Pac fight, which will put Floyd on the defensive yet again. If he refuses to fight Pac, that is his right, but man will he get even more hammered for not fighting him. If Pac loses to Rios, Arum can still call for the Floyd fight and say "Manny wasn't inspired to fight Brandon, all he talked about was his dream fight, Mayweather." So either way, if he loses or wins, Manny is still in a lucrative position. He has satan as his promoter, so he will be okay. If he can manage to win two fights, he will be back on everyone's pound for pound list as the number 3 fighter in the world. So "The fight that never happen" will be in full swing.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 14 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jul 14 2013, 06:22 AM) *
How could Manny land a fight with Floyd is beyond me. Come on guys.....Arum. At this point, the fight should not be even mentioned. Its pointless...Same with JMM - although that fight actually CAN happen. But again...no need for it.

Anyways.....The real question that I want to see answered is - How will Manny behave in the ring having been totalled by JMM? BUT....I think Rios is a Margarito clone and will end up the same.
If Manny gets KOd, I think he will retire....Jinkee won't let him continue..she almost died when Pac got his ass taxed.

Manny can't retire, he has bills to pay and an army of hanger ons to feed. Manny won't retire until he has to retire. See Evander Holyfield and Roy Jones Jr.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:35 PM