IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM (ET)/8PM(PT)- Khan vs Garcia (SPOILERS 15 mins later), No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads or Public Streams
checkleft
post Jul 16 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #101

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Hey chels it looks like our fantasy match might not be so far fetched!

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-garcia...imagine---55044
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #102

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 16 2012, 01:42 AM) *
Hey chels it looks like our fantasy match might not be so far fetched!

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-garcia...imagine---55044

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I surely thought it was a fantasy match for a second, but hey, you're right, it's not all that far fetched at the moment. Golden Boy isn't doing all that bad with matchups lately. They do a good job of keeping Canelo out of the face of danger, but put all of their other fighters out there.

I like Garcia, but damn, they need to slow down. He's had two tough fights and it's only July. He needs to fight in October or November against somewhat of a soft touch, and let his body rest until the first quarter of next year. Golden Boy is gonna have these guys eating through straws and rolling wheelchairs by the age of 30. Hell, one of them is already eating through a straw as we speak. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Overall, its a great matchup though. I want to see Lucas in there with somebody else before he takes on Garcia...just for the promotional factor. Maybe a Matthysse/M. Hatton fight at 47, dig up Katsidis' beat up ass, or a fight with Guerrero by the end of the year. Hell, I forgot about a Lopez fight, but shit, he may need a breather after this Canelo fight. Who knows though...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 16 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #103

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Am I the only one who wants to see a Garcia vs Lopez fight?

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jul 16 2012, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 16 2012, 02:26 PM
Post #104

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well in the article they say mathysse is already gonna fight ajose, some mandatory guy and then taking on Danny.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 18 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #105

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Im still laughing at how the guy that knocked the fuck out, is requesting a rematch in his country. What tha fuck is that all about? I've heard people talk about Khan's "sense of entitlement", and it's painfully obvious. I think it's safe to say that Khan still hasn't learned his lesson...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 18 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #106

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

The man wants to avenge his loss and he's doing it like a man, I can't figure out why people resent him.all he's ever done is fight the best and actually tried to get a Mayweather fight by fighting anyone around yet people give him stick. Remember when Hopkins beats delahoya he doesn't instantly become a star.yes he does need work but he's 25, plenty of time to fine tune his game

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 18 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #107

Junior Middleweight

Yea I give Khan props too. He will fight anyone, almost to a fault. Im completely confused as to why he thinks he can get a Garcia fight in his hometown. Its not like he lost via controversial decision. He made you go sleepy time Amir. Or did you forget?

Maybe we can get a Khan vs Brook fight now. Not that I was clamoring for it but Im tired of hearing them beefin. While this KO doesnt help Khan, he certainly isnt out of the picture. He is still young. There are plenty of viable matchups for him still.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 18 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #108

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man fuck all that! This dude is asking for a rematch because he came out guns blazing and most thought he was going to beat the brakes off of Garcia, then he got KTFO....NOOOOOW he wants a rematch.

Face it, at this point, asking for a rematch is the "right thing to say", since he actually had a chance to land some punches and got finished. He didn't have that chance against Prescott. It's merely damage control for his failed attempt at a KO of a guy that he overlooked.

It's that simple...now way in hell Khan would've given Garcia a rematch, had the shoe been on the other foot....as history has proven. I can see why he asked for a rematch against Peterson (before the PED stuff), though he got outworked and exposed, but in this case, he's crazy.

He got dropped multiple times and the fight got stopped...no way people can talk around that. Is his career done? No. So dont sit here and say that he's trying to avenge his loss "like a man", when he failed to give others a rematch.

Suddenly he's sticking around the division to "give guys a shot" (Translation: Redeem himself), but had he gotten past these dudes, he wouldn't even care...even if he almost got put away late in the fight (Maidana fight).

I give him credit for taking on all comers, but in this case, he was almost forced into this fight. Just because he took this fight on short notice, doesn't mean that he deserves a rematch.

So no, I dont give him "man points" for this, sorry. Man points would've been given Maidana a rematch, or going back and fighting Prescott. Had he done 1 of the 2, then I wouldn't have given him hell for this fight. There was no UD here, he got taken all the way back to the Prescott fight, except he got a chance to make a good account for himself.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 18 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #109

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

So no, I dont give him "man points" for this, sorry. Man points would've been given Maidana a rematch

Many people believe Maidana beat Khan and yes, there SHOULD be a rematch. I am one of those people!

Jack

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 19 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #110

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 18 2012, 11:10 PM) *
So no, I dont give him "man points" for this, sorry. Man points would've been given Maidana a rematch, or going back and fighting Prescott. Had he done 1 of the 2, then I wouldn't have given him hell for this fight. There was no UD here, he got taken all the way back to the Prescott fight, except he got a chance to make a good account for himself.

Can't say I disagree here. I admire Khan for fighting guys but he should have given Maidana and Prescott a rematch.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:40 AM