> Rigondeau's skill and ring intelligence is on par with Mayweather's
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #71

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 18 2013, 03:05 PM) *
True Marquez should have got it and I agree that Guerrero was more deserving then Nonito, but Marquez should've took it home last year. The people who have votes, I'd like to know the reasoning behind Marquez not getting the award

I still want to see how Donaire fares moving forward in his career, if he gets back on track and displays the talent that we all know he has, that's going to make Rigo's win over him look all the more impressive. I hope they rematch some day, and if they do I think Rigo beats him again and in even better fashion the next time

real simple. those ppl were jaded pactards. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 03:31 PM
Post #72

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Mosley was an absolute manimal at 135.

But I dont get how you can say wards win was diminished by weight (which I agree with) and fail to mention donaire fought very small guys, unknowns, and guys looking to cash out the four fights he got his foy award with.

But rigos win is definitely more impressive than a lot of mayweather wins. The fight actually reminded me a lot of the corrales fight, funny that you mentioned it.

Not only had mosley just tore marg a new asshole but he also put on a great performance against cotto at his absolute peak in a great fight. Back then cottos skill might not have been what it is now but he was an absolute bull mentally. It's a tragedy that he lost that level of confidence the way he did

i never thought much of donaire's 4 wins.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Am I the only one that thinks Danny Garcia should have gotten more consideration? Didn't he beat holt morales twice and khan all last year?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Mosley was an animal and maybe on PEDs. It's why I really can't credit him at times because I'll just think hmmmm.

Also Garcia? I think he was bailed out by his power in the Khan fight.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 18 2013, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #75

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Am I the only one that thinks Danny Garcia should have gotten more consideration? Didn't he beat holt morales twice and khan all last year?

khan and morales2. not exactly fighter of the year type stuff...but when u consider he was the underdog going into the khan fight....he was considered.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #76

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Mosley was an animal and maybe on PEDs. It's why I really can't credit him at times because I'll just think hmmmm.

khan was so predictable in that fight. angel called the round. i never thought amir was doing any real damage in the early stages of that fight. i knew the ko was going to happen as well.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 18 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 04:49 PM) *

I give credit to his power but I thought it was his timing that did it. He has very good timing, you can have all the power in the world but it doesn't mean anything if you can't time a punch especially with a guy as fast as khan.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Apr 18 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #78

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 18 2013, 03:06 PM) *
Mosley was an absolute manimal at 135.

But I dont get how you can say wards win was diminished by weight (which I agree with) and fail to mention donaire fought very small guys, unknowns, and guys looking to cash out the four fights he got his foy award with.

But rigos win is definitely more impressive than a lot of mayweather wins. The fight actually reminded me a lot of the corrales fight, funny that you mentioned it.

Not only had mosley just tore marg a new asshole but he also put on a great performance against cotto at his absolute peak in a great fight. Back then cottos skill might not have been what it is now but he was an absolute bull mentally. It's a tragedy that he lost that level of confidence the way he did

Yea I dont really think Donaire fought anybody credible. Almost like Canelo type of think where you waiting for him to fight somebody with great skills.

I felt like Sugar Shane was in his prim in the floyd fight. Cotto looked better in the floyd fight then when he fought mosley. Cotto's skills looked alot better in the floyd fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 18 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 19 2013, 12:42 AM) *
khan was so predictable in that fight. angel called the round. i never thought amir was doing any real damage in the early stages of that fight. i knew the ko was going to happen as well.

Maybe but getting hit with everything but the kitchen sink isn't a good look. I mean where was the defence. He knocks him down, doesn't finish and then starts getting countered by Khan. Early stoppage in my opinion Khan got up and knew were he was clearly.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 18 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #80

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 18 2013, 08:10 PM) *
Maybe but getting hit with everything but the kitchen sink isn't a good look. I mean where was the defence. He knocks him down, doesn't finish and then starts getting countered by Khan. Early stoppage in my opinion Khan got up and knew were he was clearly.

he got up....he knew where he was.....but he looked like he was standing on the deck of a ship at sea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 07:01 AM