IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Less than 24 hours for Mayweather., The countdown is on.
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 09:06 PM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 09:47 PM) *
am not here arguing for Khan cause am not part of his management team, am just saying I'd like to see how he fairs in a rematch, I don't care about the politics of it, that Khan wouldn't of given Garcia a rematch, I just want to see a rematch to clear it up, that's all.

What's to be cleared up? He fought the right fight for 2 rounds, got macho and careless, and got KTFO. End of story...I would imagine...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #72

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 03:06 AM) *
What's to be cleared up? He fought the right fight for 2 rounds, got macho and careless, and got KTFO. End of story...I would imagine...

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 7 2012, 02:27 AM) *
if it wasn't a lucky shot then he should be able to do it again should he not, why not prove it in a rematch

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #73

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

LMAO! MG, stop trying to talk up a rematch for Khan. You're killing me here...

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Aug 6 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #74

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 6 2012, 09:20 PM) *
So I guess Floyd bloodied his own nose and mouth, and jabbed himself to death?

please.. bloody nose!! ok he bloodied mayweather's nose and still barely won four rounds.. bloodying a nose does not warrant a rematch and damned sure did not reflect itself in the scores.. as I said.. Cotto is not talking rematch and for good reason. He was clearly beaten...

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Aug 6 2012, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #75

Super Middleweight

lol its not talking it up, am just a curious guy and would like to see a rematch, maybe the entire population of the UK will disagree but its just me, am a what if guy at times and this is one of those times. I understand Garcia was looking for that left hook, he was trying to land it since round 1, and just got caught on Khans arms a few times which got him tagged, it was obvious he was trying to land it, but I'd like to see a rematch that's it, am not saying Khan deserves one but you know

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #76

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 6 2012, 10:11 PM) *
please.. bloody nose!! ok he bloodied mayweather's nose and still barely won four rounds.. bloodying a nose does not warrant a rematch and damned sure did not reflect itself in the scores.. as I said.. Cotto is not talking rematch and for good reason. He clearly was beaten by a toe to toe mayweather...

You're right, a guy giving another guy a bloody nose doesn't warrant a rematch. If that was the case, then Martinez should give Barker a rematch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) My point is, the "comformity factor" makes people say that Mayweather won the fight easily...just as it played a part in people saying that Pacquiao beat Bradley easily. Cotto did more than people give him credit for, and Im not buying Floyd's whole "giving the fans a fan-friendly fight" excuse...that goes back to my question about Floyd busting his own nose and mouth.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 10:13 PM) *
lol its not talking it up, am just a curious guy and would like to see a rematch, maybe the entire population of the UK will disagree but its just me, am a what if guy at times and this is one of those times. I understand Garcia was looking for that left hook, he was trying to land it since round 1, and just got caught on Khans arms a few times which got him tagged, it was obvious he was trying to land it, but I'd like to see a rematch that's it, am not saying Khan deserves one but you know

Okay, so this is something that you would like to see. Now I understand. If there are more viewers wanting to see what you want to see, then that's how an unjust rematch would take place. I wish Khan would've kept the fight plan going, but he got cocky a bit too soon...I was expecting that KO later in the fight. Either way, a Garcia TKO or a Khan UD decision would've taken place...it was all about who slipped up first.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #77

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2012, 03:23 AM) *
...then that's how an unjust rematch would take place.

kinda like cotto vs mayweather II.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2012, 10:28 PM) *
kinda like cotto vs mayweather II.

True...but neither one of them got KTFO either. Both of them finished the fight on their feet!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

ive been rewatching the fight now, and am just calling it how i see it, yeah floyd had to work for the win, unlike the ortiz fight but nothing that suggests a rematch is needed. It's all subjective in the end, I just want to see if Garcia can do it again, is that so bad? Wouldn't everybody want Garcia to do it again, and knock Khan out to silence doubters like me, and watch Khan do his own version of the chicken dance. Or maybe it's because there's not enough faith in Garcia to deliver, maybe Khan still has some brains to stick to a game plan, who knows, its all speculation out of my crazy little head.

just finished it 9-3 Mayweather, that was simply by who I thought won the round, not who outlanded, who seemed to be doing the better defence etc etc, if they did have a rematch Cotto really needs to stop getting hit with that uppercut, even the slight variation of it, we call it the corkscrew kinda throw like a jab.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Aug 6 2012, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 6 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #80

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I guess people could call it a lucky punch but since the beginning of the fight I could see Garcia was trying to time Khan. And right before the first kd Khan got tagged with a few of those of garcias signature hooks, mind you its the same hook he caught morales with as well. And the only way I would want a rematch is if Khan started giving people a rematch.. but since he doesn't I'm glad that Garcia doesn't want to give him a rematch

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 04:32 AM