IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Khan vs Garcia, (Poll Added) Thanks Checkleft!
Khan vs Garcia
Who takes it?
Garcia by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Khan by decision (close) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by decision (wide) [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Khan by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

Cshel86
post May 11 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 11 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Am I in the minority that still wants to see Khan v Bradley?

Dont worry, you'll get that, hopefully sometime after Bradley/ Pac. Well, fuck...that BobFather dude is still breathing and he hates Garter Belt Promotions, so nah...you may not get that one. Sorry bro...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 11 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

If this fight happens, then it needs to happen soon. I hate to be pessimistic, but chances are, it wont happen. Khan doesn't have much at 140 to stick around for, so he may move up after this upcoming fight.

According the plans in his Hello Kitty planner, he was supposed to run through Lamont, then move up to WW and chase Floyd...we see how that turned out. The only reason Khan's still at 140 is because of the Peterson rematch, but again, he may move up after this upcoming fight.

Golden Boy will do it's best to preserve Garcia, so putting him in there with Khan (which is risky), is a no-go. Besides, we all saw how Danny took 2 days to engage with an old Morales, so he will have to think and engage A LOT quicker against Amir...something we haven't seen with Danny in his last couple of fights.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post May 12 2012, 02:25 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

After thinking about it I could see Danny Garcia being used as a stepping stone for broner to make his entrance into the welterweight scene. He's a relatively small welter and it seems like a good challenge for both, I'm sure gbp wouldn't mind sacrificing Danny for their pbf doppleganger. Just let them build a little more hype

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ May 12 2012, 03:25 AM) *
After thinking about it I could see Danny Garcia being used as a stepping stone for broner to make his entrance into the welterweight scene. He's a relatively small welter and it seems like a good challenge for both, I'm sure gbp wouldn't mind sacrificing Danny for their pbf doppleganger. Just let them build a little more hype

They'll make sure Garcia steers clear of anymore difficult fights, since he just Holt and Morales. No way they use Garcia as a stepping stone for Broner, especially since Broner is fighting at 130 and may soon move up to 135.

By the time a Broner/Garcia bout is even discussed, Broner will just be moving up to 140 and Garcia may very well find better opportunities at 147.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 23 2012, 06:57 AM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Alright, so this one is happening. Cool. This is a chance for either boxer to look good. Obviously more upside for Garcia if he wins, as Khan is clearly the bigger name, but if Khan wins, not a bad scalp to have.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 23 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 23 2012, 07:57 AM) *
Alright, so this one is happening. Cool. This is a chance for either boxer to look good. Obviously more upside for Garcia if he wins, as Khan is clearly the bigger name, but if Khan wins, not a bad scalp to have.

Wow, I juuuust read that. Glad GBP is willing to put their best guys in there against each other (whether they have a name or they're tough as nails looking for a big fight).

I have to tip my hat off to Golden Boy...they have the toughest fighters on their roster, and those guys are willing to fight whoever...Alexander, Maidana, Morales, Garcia (who is looking in the face of another tough fight), Khan (simply fights whoever's put in front of him), Malignaggi, and a few others.

Can we get a Morales/Maidana rematch so Erik wont have sit back and twiddle his thumbs while everybody else fights?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 23 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 23 2012, 09:17 AM) *
Wow, I juuuust read that. Glad GBP is willing to put their best guys in there against each other (whether they have a name or they're tough as nails looking for a big fight).

I have to tip my hat off to Golden Boy...they have the toughest fighters on their roster, and those guys are willing to fight whoever...Alexander, Maidana, Morales, Garcia (who is looking in the face of another tough fight), Khan (simply fights whoever's put in front of him), Malignaggi, and a few others.

Can we get a Morales/Maidana rematch so Erik wont have sit back and twiddle his thumbs while everybody else fights?

I agree. Not siding with any promotional company, but so far GBP has done a pretty good job.

Morales/Maidana, possibly, but I'd rather see Maidana/Matthyse.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 23 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't like De La Hoya but fights like this, I have to give him his props. He's putting guys, who are potential stars for his company, against each other instead of hooking Amir up with some cheesy replacement. I thought for sure we'd see a Nate Campbell, Victor Cayo , Lovemore Ndou, Michael Katsidis kinda guy in there. I wish they could have done the same with Victor but I get the concern with setting him back yet another training camp.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post May 25 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I like this fight. I'm curious to see what the WBA & IBF decides with their belts because this fight could possibly have the WBA, IBF & WBC Belts on the line. Also if THE RING decides to move Bradley up to the welterweight divison & drop Peterson out of the Rankings because of the failed drug test we could realisticly see THE RING Belt on the line also because that would automaticly move Khan & Garcia to the #1 & #2 spots in the Jr. Welterwiehgt Divison according to THE RING. Should be interesting to see. The winner of this fight(especially Khan) could set himself up with a megafight with Mayweather in December. Mayweather-Khan in England would be huge.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post May 25 2012, 07:51 AM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

only garcia fight i've caught was the morales bout...does he have a solid chance against khan? from what i saw, garcia looked tense and apprehensive to throw. think he'll have a better outing against a fighter he may not respect as much?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 07:04 PM