IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Here We Go With This Sweepstakes Nonsense Again...
mgrover
post Oct 18 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Martinez should tell Canelo to go fuck himself if he wants a fight at 154lb, Canelo should move up simple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 17 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Again, this sounds like they're putting this guy waaaay ahead of where he's supposed to be. If Mayweather decides to come back and fight on May 4 against his opponent of choice, then what will Canelo do then? Yep, you got it, take the backseat and be the co-main event.

I know that Floyd's whereabouts are unknown (as usual), but c'mon man. I guess it's fair that they move forward and not wait, because you'll grow old doing so. Why Sergio all of a sudden? Hope Canelo's ready. I TOTALLY disagree with the Cotto option, maybe I dont like the way they're doing it.

I mean, shouldn't Cotto have been waiting for the winner of Canelo/Trout, and NOT the other way around? That very question makes obvious that they're using this dudes name for money, and could care less if he fights somebody with a pulse.

September 15th, should've been Canelo vs Trout, instead of them being shitty opportunists and pissing on Lopez's victory party after beating Ortiz. So they chose a blown up WW, beat him, avoided a dangerous prospect (Trout), and now they're waiting for an accomplished Cotto, to beat the guy that they kept away from their golden goose? See what I mean?

I say Canelo vs Kirkland on May 4th (co-main event), then he gets a shot at Floyd in September. I don't know how good Sergio will be for May 4th after knee surgery next month, and that possible physical compromise coming down to 54. And that Cotto situation is just some shameful shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

i agree.

beating trout gets canelo a shot at cotto.

beating cotto gets him a shot at floyd.

gbp has shit twisted.

i'd like to see canelo vs martinez as 158. i wouldn't mind a catchweight on that one...but seriously....canelo has done absolutely nothing to deserve a shot at martinez. canelo has had plenty of available opponents to stake his claim as the best 154 lb fighter. beating up on 140lb fighters isn't the way to go about it.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Oct 18 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 17 2012, 05:19 PM) *
What's not wrong with it? Shouldn't the 3 listed fighters should be sitting back with their feet kicked up, waiting for Canelo to get his feet wet against a formidable opponent?

As I've been saying for the longest, GBP is trying to insult our intelligence once again. Why are they making it seem like this dude is REALLY ready for top competition, when he's done nothing more than fight blown up WWs and corpses? Weird aint it?

Canelos the popular kid and that always makes him a player. Its like the rich kid sitting at the poker table with the poker sharks. He might not be as skilled at poker but his chip stack gets him invited. If Canelo wants to step in the ring and get his head busted let him. Serg and Floyd arent gonna be around forever.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 18 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Martinez should tell Canelo to go fuck himself if he wants a fight at 154lb, Canelo should move up simple.

Exactly! And how many blown up WWs has he fought? Hatton, Lopez, and some would even throw Cintron in there because he isn't a natural 154 lber. Oh well though.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 18 2012, 03:09 PM) *
i agree.

beating trout gets canelo a shot at cotto.

beating cotto gets him a shot at floyd.

gbp has shit twisted.

i'd like to see canelo vs martinez as 158. i wouldn't mind a catchweight on that one...but seriously....canelo has done absolutely nothing to deserve a shot at martinez. canelo has had plenty of available opponents to stake his claim as the best 154 lb fighter. beating up on 140lb fighters isn't the way to go about it.

Cant argue with this one. I hate catchweights, but I agree with this one. 4 more lbs for Canelo, and Martinez coming in a weight that he usually comes in at anyway.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 18 2012, 03:12 PM) *
Canelos the popular kid and that always makes him a player. Its like the rich kid sitting at the poker table with the poker sharks. He might not be as skilled at poker but his chip stack gets him invited. If Canelo wants to step in the ring and get his head busted let him. Serg and Floyd arent gonna be around forever.

I absolutely HATE your analogies...because you're usually right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nice poker comparison. I agree that they aren't gonna be around forever, but the way GBP is handling this, just bothers me a bit. They do great with all of their other fighters, but Canelo makes me dislike these dudes.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 18 2012, 05:21 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 18 2012, 02:12 PM) *

good analogy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Oct 20 2012, 01:47 AM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 17 2012, 10:19 PM) *
Well now this makes things interesting....

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-love-fac...nez-on-4--58296

Guess were gonna find out how much say gbp gives their fighters, and if they say no we know how much confidence they have in Canelo

hmmmmmm sergio might not be the same fighter

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:41 AM