> Who should feel like the bigger loser: Khan or Broner
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2014, 11:58 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

So Broner does not get the Canelo treatment? I think Angulo is a good boxer, but he has been in some wars and is shop worn, plus he only fights one way. Saul, can easily out box him. I think Broner should fight at 140 as everyone has been saying. His power does not carry to 147 and he is still growing as a fighter. Hey, he could fight Ortiz or Zab Judah! There you go. Broner vs. Zudah. I don't think Zab has much left in the tank, what do you think? If he does fight Zab it won't be a co-feature, Khan vs. Thurman would be.

No Broner doesn't get the Canelo treatment. When he starts clocking in 2.2M PPVs buys, then he can headline his own PPV after a loss. Lol

Some guys who fight one way, can still have success against the more talented fighter, especially if the more talented fighter fights the wrong fight (Angulo/Lara, Cotto/Margarito, Mayorga/Forrest, etc).

Broner does need to fight at 140, but I do believe his power does carry to WW. It may not be as respected as it was at lightweight, but a perfectly timed and accruate punch, will put anybody on their asses. He can still pull that off at WW (in the future), but he has to start throwing punches.

I think Paulie will have something to say about a Broner/Judah fight. Paulie may not even wanna fight Broner as bad as he wanted to before the Maidana loss, but he DID beat Zab. No way Paulie's gonna be quiet about Zab getting on the big stage again, after he lost twice, while he (Paulie) lost a close decision and ended the year with a victory over Zab.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 26 2014, 06:19 PM
Post #22

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,960

Can't fault Khan not one bit..I don't know one person on planet earth who would be promised something by their boss and not think it's legit. He practically said I was confirmed by GBP that I would be the opponent..even went as far as to sign an agreement for the fight in early December..I think Richard S made a bad call making that kind of guarantee and then f'ing it up..they should've just announced him as the opponent and fought Maidana in the fall. Would be funny as hell if Khan got his hands on a title this year somehow and left GBP..cant say anyone would blame him now. Far as you can get from a Khan fight but i'm man enough to admit he got done dirty on this one.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Feb 26 2014, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Feb 26 2014, 11:19 PM) *
Can't fault Khan not one bit..I don't know one person on planet earth who would be promised something by their boss and not think it's legit. He practically said I was confirmed by GBP that I would be the opponent..even went as far as to sign an agreement for the fight in early December..I think Richard S made a bad call making that kind of guarantee and then f'ing it up..they should've just announced him as the opponent and fought Maidana in the fall. Would be funny as hell if Khan got his hands on a title this year somehow and left GBP..cant say anyone would blame him now. Far as you can get from a Khan fight but i'm man enough to admit he got done dirty on this one.

Thing is Khan is known to exaggerate the truth, I mean I feel bad for him cause Floyd said whoever won the poll, and he clearly won, thats why its bullshit.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 26 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 25 2014, 02:08 PM) *
Money wise-Khan

Pride wise-Broner

This. Allow me to add to this. Khan may have been damaged long term. Let's face it. Broner gets a Maidana rematch and dominates, or has a big time win, the loss loses some impact. Khan is one more reckless tweet from possibly fucking his money up long term. He assumed "if I keep being a pest, it will either force the fight or create the Pacquiao effect where everyone thinks Floyd is scared." Instead, it just made people annoyed by him. He could have easily fought Devon and fought Floyd in May. I actually would have leaned toward him winning that fight. Instead, he, like Guerrero, was feeling himself. Unlike Guerrero, Floyd didn't bite. Now he may have to take a BS fight just to stay busy. With that weak ass chin, he could very well end up in Ortiz territory, getting laid out by a bum.

wouldn't mind seeing that fight btw

This post has been edited by Franchize: Feb 26 2014, 07:26 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2014, 09:23 PM
Post #25

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2014, 07:18 PM) *
Thing is Khan is known to exaggerate the truth, I mean I feel bad for him cause Floyd said whoever won the poll, and he clearly won, thats why its bullshit.

The fact that you, Khan, or anybody in the media, even believed in that poll, is a bit gullible and embarrassing. Lol

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 27 2014, 04:29 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2014, 02:23 AM) *
The fact that you, Khan, or anybody in the media, even believed in that poll, is a bit gullible and embarrassing. Lol

See if it was quite a few opponents fair enough no point in believing it, but there both money makers, so really there was no choice, but a win win

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:21 PM