daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 6 2012, 04:11 PM) *
That was a great documentary!

How dare anyone say Rocky is bad? All the Rocky's were good except for 5 with roided up Tommy Morrison. Even the Tarver one was decent (although Tarver's Mason Dixon character had the corniest name ever lmao) Four was my favorite but 1 and 2 were the most epic.Sometimes I say Cshel is a bit harsh but in this instance, among others, telling you to go kill yourself is more than appropriate.

Million Dollar Baby- was a really good movie.
Hurricane- was amazing
Resurrecting the Champ- Sam Jackson acted his ass off in that one
Undisputed- decent. Not bad
Raging Bull- classic
When we were Kings- arguably the best Ali documentary there is
Cinderella Man- Russell Crowe...nuff said!

rocky is bad for several reasons....

1. sylvester stallone
2. he stole real boxers stories and had to be taken to court to square up on profitting from their stories.
3. he did more harm than good
4. fight scenes
5. sylvester stallone
6. sylvester stallone
7. sylvester stallone
8. sylvester stallone
9. sylvester stallone
10. sylvester stallone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (karmine20 @ Apr 6 2012, 04:25 PM) *
I second that! How do you hate Rocky but love Great white hype. Not saying i dont like the movie, bc i do. I just think thats ass backwards

the great white hype!? no...the great white hope with james earl jones is a great movie.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2012, 05:16 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) me not liking the rocky series has absolutely nothing to do with ur girl. rocky 1....the story itself....i loved it but lets be honest...he stole the whole thing from wepner and frazier. the fight scenes were horrible at best. if ur going to make a movie about boxing....u should at the very least put forth some effort to make the shit look realistic. rocky failed miserably in that category. the whole..."u gotta be able to take punishment" bullshit from sly has caused more brain damage than pop warner football.

the fighter was a great story! i actually have one of the original scripts (before all the re-writes) in my possession. mickey wards story is a good one....but i think they failed in capturing his story. his brother stole the movie. very good movie no doubt...but not one of my favorites.

Honestly, whether the story was stolen or not, it was still a pretty good movie. I agree that it may have messed up viewers' opinion of how an actual fight is supposed to be, because there would be a lot more brain damaged fighters today, if every fighter lived by that.

I just believe that as a true boxing fan, some things should be considered blasphemy, i.e. saying that the Rocky movies were horrible. Again, I wasn't a huge fan of 5 and 6, but c'mon. In your case, I respect your opinion though. AT LEAST, your opinion has reasonable and substantial support. Dum-Dum (Allmenjoi) just gets on here and spews stuff like that, with hardly any supporting statements.

THEN, when she's challenged on it, it usually turns into 5-6 pages of ying yang, in which she's being educated and harassed at the same time. During that time, she'll throw in about another 20 names of some other random stuff, that usually warrants further explanation. See where Im going with this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How in the HELL did you get your hands on the original script of The Fighter??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Only you Professor! I would like to know what happened before they rewrote parts of it, but seriously, I enjoyed his brother's significance in the movie. It shows that fighters have real life issues outside of the ring, and most of it consists of family members. Man, did his brother not hold onto the mysterious SRL knockdown for the whole movie? Let alone, his whole life! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 6 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 6 2012, 05:11 PM) *
did anybody like the fighter?

I did...did you?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Honestly, whether the story was stolen or not, it was still a pretty good movie. I agree that it may have messed up viewers' opinion of how an actual fight is supposed to be, because there would be a lot more brain damaged fighters today, if every fighter lived by that.

I just believe that as a true boxing fan, some things should be considered blasphemy, i.e. saying that the Rocky movies were horrible. Again, I wasn't a huge fan of 5 and 6, but c'mon. In your case, I respect your opinion though. AT LEAST, your opinion has reasonable and substantial support. Dum-Dum (Allmenjoi) just gets on here and spews stuff like that, with hardly any supporting statements.

THEN, when she's challenged on it, it usually turns into 5-6 pages of ying yang, in which she's being educated and harassed at the same time. During that time, she'll throw in about another 20 names of some other random stuff, that usually warrants further explanation. See where Im going with this? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How in the HELL did you get your hands on the original script of The Fighter??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Only you Professor! I would like to know what happened before they rewrote parts of it, but seriously, I enjoyed his brother's significance in the movie. It shows that fighters have real life issues outside of the ring, and most of it consists of family members. Man, did his brother not hold onto the mysterious SRL knockdown for the whole movie? Let alone, his whole life! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i live in l.a. and know plenty of ppl in the movie industry. one of my clients is a big wig at sony/tri-star. i actually know a lot of back story that i can't share...but it made me look at the movie in a totally different light. i thought christian bale stole the show with dickie euklands character. the original script seemed more focused on him than ward. mark walberg is a p.o.s.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Apr 6 2012, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 6 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

its embarrassing that Rocky the character got into boxing hall of fame...

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Apr 6 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 6 2012, 05:21 PM) *
rocky is bad for several reasons....

1. sylvester stallone
2. he stole real boxers stories and had to be taken to court to square up on profitting from their stories.
3. he did more harm than good
4. fight scenes
5. sylvester stallone
6. sylvester stallone
7. sylvester stallone
8. sylvester stallone
9. sylvester stallone
10. sylvester stallone.

After all of this, can you believe he was inducted in the HOF? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Apr 6 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 6 2012, 12:51 PM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Zabtrippinupdated.gif)

It's confirmed...YOU REALLY AREN'T A BOXING FAN...kill yourself...

I think suicide is for suckers. Rocky sucked for several reasons: Sly can not act for shit. No descent ref would let any boxer take that type of punishment. How does a guy who has no background in boxing beat a career boxer? Rocky all 20 of them had so many prejudice sub tones . The writing was awful and the cinematography made me puke. The only character I found remotely interesting was Mickey;. Everyone was lame. There is a reason why half those characters didn't find work after that movie. I had no idea in order to be a boxing fan one had to like Rocky. Did not know. I guess I am not a basketball fan because I do not think Jordan was the greatest player. People have opinions and they all vary. Just because I do not agree with you does not mean your point is valid. I know you go for the popular and do not look at the intangibles. Rocky reminds me of Pacquiao fans, they lack substance. They prefer quantity over quality. I can see why you would think Red Lobster is an actual seafood restaurant. You not only lack height but class/ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

Did anyone ever see the Cinderella Man with Russell Crow? Anthony Quinn's Requiem of a Heavyweight was AMAZING!!!! The acting and writing is phenomenal, the cinematography I think won a Oscar I have to check. If you want to see a movie that shows how screwed up the boxing business is please watch that movie.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 6 2012, 07:06 PM) *
its embarrassing that Rocky the character got into boxing hall of fame...

THANK YOU!!!!! i thought i was alone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 6 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Apr 6 2012, 07:36 PM) *
After all of this, can you believe he was inducted in the HOF? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)

exactly!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:23 AM