IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Randall Bailey Takes on Mike Jones on June 9th...
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12073.html

Bailey is set to take on Mike Jones on the Pacquaio/Bradley undercard! I guess we get to see Jones actually being tested for once. Bailey has had a long career and fought some big name fighters.

Win, lose, or draw....Bailey will make a fight of it, and this may be a long night for Jones. I remember last year, there talks of a Berto/Bailey fight, but it fell though. I actually would've given him the edge against Berto.

He's been knocked out, and he's knocked some guys out, so Jones needs to be ready for him. Jones on the other hand, hasn't been tested, and if any trouble came up during a fight, it was simply because he worked against himself (1st Soto-Karass fight).

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 29 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Jones is going to take out Bailey within 10 rounds. Bailey has been knocked out by punchers who don't hit as hard as Jones. Namely Urango who wasn't a hard puncher in the realm of Jones. All Mike has to do is circle towards the left and watch out for Bailey's right hand which is his most dangerous weapon. Jones should target Randall's body early as Bailey has a history of KD's by body shots from his opponents. If Jones goes to the body early, circle left away from Bailey's dangerous right hand and then attack up stairs in the middle rounds then he should be able to get a late stoppage or UD. Bailey als has a good jab by the way. Should be a good fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 29 2012, 02:56 PM) *
Jones is going to take out Bailey within 10 rounds. Bailey has been knocked out by punchers who don't hit as hard as Jones. Namely Urango who wasn't a hard puncher in the realm of Jones. All Mike has to do is circle towards the left and watch out for Bailey's right hand which is his most dangerous weapon. Jones should target Randall's body early as Bailey has a history of KD's by body shots from his opponents. If Jones goes to the body early, circle left away from Bailey's dangerous right hand and then attack up stairs in the middle rounds then he should be able to get a late stoppage or UD. Bailey als has a good jab by the way. Should be a good fight.

Good stuff! I believe Bailey still has something in the tank though. At this point, Jones has more to lose than Bailey, so Im sure that Mike will be forced to fight sooner than he's comfortable doing.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i agree. bailey will be a test.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 29 2012, 07:33 PM) *
i agree. bailey will be a test.

I actually felt that he would've gave Berto a good fight about a year ago...that's of course before the Zaveck fight came up. I believe that IBF title had a lot to do with Berto not fighting Randall. Of course Arum could've been a factor as well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 29 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2012, 07:52 PM) *
I actually felt that he would've gave Berto a good fight about a year ago...that's of course before the Zaveck fight came up. I believe that IBF title had a lot to do with Berto not fighting Randall. Of course Arum could've been a factor as well.

berto has been babied for quite some time. i was shocked when they put him in with ortiz. i knew ortiz was going to win that one. berto has had a questionable chin since the amateurs. that new shit he's doing with the cheater from balco ain't going to help him. bailey would've got in his ass too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:16 PM