IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> All Access (Mayweather/Guerrero) Thread With Preview and Poll Now Added!, Fight Will Be On PPV and Closed Circuit! (Topics Merged)
Who Wins Mayweather-Guerrero
Pick The Winner!
Mayweaather by decision (close) [ 8 ] ** [57.14%]
Mayweather by decision (wide) [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Mayweather by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [21.43%]
Guerrero by decision (close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Guerrero by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14

un01
post Apr 21 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #111

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,229

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 21 2013, 05:22 PM) *
Mayweather-Canelo=$$$$$$. This fight is definitely being made down the line. Currently thats the most lucrative fight in boxing. I'm just waiting to hear the views for last nights bout.

Mayweather-Martinez would be a legendary fight and i know Im REACHING but id like to see Floyd test himself at 160 for another title in another weight class. Both fighters are gettin ready to leave the game soon. Why not give the fans a legendary fight? But as i said Mayweather-Martinez at 160 is a push althouhg i wouldn't complain if it happened.

I think DSG fights 2 fights at welter before figthing Floyd. 2013 is to soon for that fight to materialize. Fighting either Alexander, Brook, or Purdy in december depending on how things go. Alexander Purdy winner is expected to fight Brook in August when hes healed up and ready to go.

Also those wretched WBC rankings have Amir Khan ranked #2 at welterweight i think. So i Feel theyre trying to make that Mayweather Khan fight happen behind closed doors.

But really theres no one for Floyd to fight besides Canelo, MAYBE martinez, and Alexander/Brook/Purdy winner. So whether the weight differences are to big or not these are really the only viable opponents.

I wouldnt be able to take a mayweather Garcia fight or mayweather kahn figth seriously. Only thing special about mayweather amir kahn is that amir khan would bring money to the table and people would credit him as a threat because virgil hunter in his corner. Virgil cant take away his chin.

Khan is completely off the radar. I don't think He'll be an option for another 1 or 2 years. Whether its Alexander, Purdy or Brook, those are all fights that don't bring in much dollar wise, but will be a fight he'll have to take since the well is dry. I think he'll end up fighting Garcia first. Since he has a little buzz going on, it will be a more profitable fight. Yeah, Floyd will get a lot of flak for fighting someone coming up in weight, but I'm sure Floyd will rather be criticized than kill himself with fighting these middle weights or take less money fighting guys like Alexander or Brook. Floyd will just give the old damned if I do, damned if I don't speech, lol

The Canelo fight will definitely happen, though. That's too much money to ignore. I think Golden Boy is gonna sit on it for a while and have him fight Cotto to build up more hype.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 21 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #112

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 21 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Floyd messed up talking ish about Pacquiao for those Catchweight fights. He's at a real crossroad now for it.

After the Guerrero fight, if Floyd can still do what he does best then i have no worries. it would need to be this year so Mayweather can still be the one who makes the demands for the fight. Canelo's star power is rising. This fight will be huge.

Last i heard though Mayweather was trying to go to 140?

LOL, where are you getting this crap from?? It's all this stupid talk from those who Hate Floyd who say dumb stuff like this that gets repeated all over the internet and have fools believing this garbage. It isn't a real big deal for Floyd to ask for a CW fight because he has fought all of his opponents at their best weight whereas MP has made many of his opponents drain down for their titles.

I don't think he's at a crossroad in any form or fashion, even when he campaigns at 154 he barely makes 152 and then comes in on FN around 148, he doesn't need a CW fight vs Canelo because that boy got too many holes to exploit.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Apr 21 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #113

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (ROME @ Apr 21 2013, 07:07 PM) *
I completely agree. The issue is, YES, he would definitely catch heat for it. Honestly, I don't see Floyd doing that. I don't even think he'll require Canelo to come to welterweight to fight him, though that would make the most sense. I just think that if Floyd fights him and scrapes by and even loses at Jr. middle, people will completely ignore the fact that he would have been at such a disadvantage in terms of size. It's a bit of an unfair advantage IMHO. Floyd does not squeeze down to welterweight. His fight night weights are likely not much more than the welterweight limit. This would almost be like asking Canelo to fight Andre Ward, considering his in-ring weight. I'm not even sure Ward would outweigh Canelo by as much as Canelo would outweigh Floyd by, come fight night.
That said, that would clearly be an unfair fight for Canelo so I wouldn't consider it ducking if he chose not to fight a fighter who outweighed him by 25-30lbs come fight night. I apply the same principle with respect to Floyd fighting Canelo.

the thing with Floyd though is that he's very prideful and showy. He's been fighting bigger guys that outweigh him (with the exception of Marquez) his entire career. And recently Floyd is now in the business of beating fighters with their own style at their own game. thats my issue witht eh modern day mayweather. Not only would he go up to 154 to prove himself (which is understandable because at this age Floys is looking for belts that will add more nicks to his legacy) but Floyd will stand there and go toe to toe with Canelo. Do what got you to the top. Exchanging isn't what got you to the top. I understand youre older, and trying to please the fans but at the same token dont diservice yourself in trying to please the fans. They will never be satisfied.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Apr 21 2013, 04:51 PM) *
the thing with Floyd though is that he's very prideful and showy. He's been fighting bigger guys that outweigh him (with the exception of Marquez) his entire career. And recently Floyd is now in the business of beating fighters with their own style at their own game. thats my issue witht eh modern day mayweather. Not only would he go up to 154 to prove himself (which is understandable because at this age Floys is looking for belts that will add more nicks to his legacy) but Floyd will stand there and go toe to toe with Canelo. Do what got you to the top. Exchanging isn't what got you to the top. I understand youre older, and trying to please the fans but at the same token dont diservice yourself in trying to please the fans. They will never be satisfied.

See episode 2 of All Access. I doubt he wants to get hit as much as he did when he fought Cotto. Which is why his dad is back in his corner. Floyd has consistently said that he fights for himself so I think he fights the way he feels like fighting either way, if he boxes it is great if he stands toe to toe it is great. I rather for him to box.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Apr 22 2013, 05:57 AM
Post #115

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 21 2013, 01:54 PM) *
I knew as soon as this fight was signed, once Canelo beat Trout, fans would get more confident in being vocal of him beating Mayweather. I mean what did he rehydrate back up to 172lbs. Fight night? If that's the case, Mayweather at most would rehydrate up to 150lbs. Do the math and understand that we're not talking about natural WW's having a shot at beating Mayweather anymore right?

+1. Yet, the "duck" factor will still be in play. Ironic, no one on earth, outside of a Klitschko opponent, is someone asked...no, demanded to defeat a guy, who is 20-lbs heavier on fight night than he. Again, fault the guy who really should be fighting at 147, but not the guy who should be fighting at 160. Comical.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #116

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Apr 22 2013, 01:25 AM) *
A Mayweather-Alvarez fight would be an Event, but in reality, the fight Mayweather should be fighting after he beats The Ghost is Bradley at 147. It's just to bad the promotional companies will not work with each other on that one. After looking through the rankings I'm curious to see who Mayweather selects next for his September fight. It's hard to believe it would be Alvarez at this point, but have to admit that is a fight to get excited about. Obviously it wont be Bradley or Pacman( As long as they are with Arum). Mayweather already destroyed and embarrassed Marquez. Maybe a Garcia or Alexander if they win there next fights? You could make a case for Alexander if they allow it to be Unification at 147. Its hard to knock any unification's that take place(Mayweather has been Lineal, but never Unified). Garcia moving up to 147 IF he beats Judah would be OK, but hard to see that happening also. The Khan fight has lost too much buzz with his defeats and he got a lot of work to do. I don't expect Mayweather to go to Middleweight and fight Martinez. That would be stretching it. I may be in the minority, but if Spadafora could beat a legit opponent I wouldnt mind seeing him in there with Floyd. I'm not big on a Maidana fight either. He's Not gonna fight Broner at this point or ever so who the heck is it gonna be?

+1

Bradley would be a good solid opponent for him. He's probably the best opponent out there for him, Alexander is fighting some replacement (that is still tba I believe?) And his style is just awfully to watch so doubt that would happen. I would say Garcia but for some reason I'm starting to believe he is gonna look like shit against Judah, he is very beatable (a very old morales was outboxing him for most of the first fight) so maybe mayweather could pick on him. But don't be surprised if he goes after the matthysse lamont winner. That fight is bound to be exciting and create a buzz, and let's not forget since Bradley moved up and before Garcia came in the picture lamont was best 140 pounder out there. If that fight has a foy type action I could see mayweather picking the winner like he did after the berto ortiz fight.

And just to throw a wrench into things, if paulie beats broner I wouldn't doubt for a second that mayweather fights him. Imagine the shit talking leading up to that one!

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 22 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #117

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 22 2013, 08:50 AM) *
+1

And just to throw a wrench into things, if paulie beats broner I wouldn't doubt for a second that mayweather fights him. Imagine the shit talking leading up to that one!

I see Malignaggi giving Broner big time problems... Malinaggi is no ho... he is tough. If Cotto could not KO him Broner is not.. Broner is a ? against experienced 147 pounders. As far as Floyd vs Canelo... Catch weight is in order.. For real these guys are rehydrating 30 lbs over the limit, Alvarez should be fighting at 168 LMAO

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 22 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #118

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

This fight will probably happen in may 2014 since its cinco de mayo.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2013, 11:24 AM
Post #119

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 06:53 PM) *
Honestly I went to three different bars while on my business trip and none of them had Showtime! My hotel did not have Showtime. One of my coworkers had family in Charlotte and none of them had Showtime! For some reason people do not prescribe to Showtime. So that maybe the reason for low ratings ironically people are actually talking about this fight. I wonder what the PPV numbers will look like. Anything over 1.2 buys will be a big success. I think Guerrero and his dad talking shit is helping this fight sale. The way Guerrero is talking I actually believe that he may win (even though I know it will be a steep uphill battle).

Damn, they did you dirty bro. Even I had Showtime at the LaQuinta Inn in Vegas. They weren't the upper echelon of hotels, but it wasn't a roach motel either. Though Showtime may not have many subscribers, I just thought about it...you DON'T have to subscribe to Showtime, in order to buy their PPVs.

In that sense, Floyd came out on the good end of the deal, versus other guys who have to fight on Showtime Championship Boxing. I remember ordering the Cotto/Mayorga and Pac/Mosley cards, and I didn't have Showtime. So if Floyd and all involved parties promote the fight well, then the numbers shouldn't do all that bad.

Honestly, I dont really see this fight doing more than 800k. Hell, if Manny's numbers can tank, then so can Floyd's. I think Floyd will get scrutinized more, but hell, isn't that always the case? I mean Guerrero's a legit opponent, but GBP dropped the ball on promoting him.

It's hard to say that he impressed the world by roughing up a Berto that Ortiz had just beat the year before that, in route to a big fight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 22 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #120

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2013, 08:24 AM) *
Damn, they did you dirty bro. Even I had Showtime at the LaQuinta Inn in Vegas. They weren't the upper echelon of hotels, but it wasn't a roach motel either. Though Showtime may not have many subscribers, I just thought about it...you DON'T have to subscribe to Showtime, in order to buy their PPVs.

In that sense, Floyd came out on the good end of the deal, versus other guys who have to fight on Showtime Championship Boxing. I remember ordering the Cotto/Mayorga and Pac/Mosley cards, and I didn't have Showtime. So if Floyd and all involved parties promote the fight well, then the numbers shouldn't do all that bad.

Honestly, I dont really see this fight doing more than 800k. Hell, if Manny's numbers can tank, then so can Floyd's. I think Floyd will get scrutinized more, but hell, isn't that always the case? I mean Guerrero's a legit opponent, but GBP dropped the ball on promoting him.

It's hard to say that he impressed the world by roughing up a Berto that Ortiz had just beat the year before that, in route to a big fight.

The worse thing about my business trip was my boss who is a big Pacquaio fan kept talking to me about how Pac would mop the floor with Saul Alvarez and GGG. I just looked at my boss and grinned. I said "Sir, with all do respect, do you think he can mop the floor with Marquez?" He did not speak to me the rest of the trip then he started to say at least "My guy isn't a thug like yours." One of the bankers told me he was putting 10k on Guerrero, he said he likes his spirit another investor told me he was putting 5k on Guerrero because he felt Floyd lost the Cotto fight. They asked me my opinion and I simply said "Go for it. You are right. Mayweather is going to get his ass handed to him."

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 01:37 PM