> Boxing Gloves, I need help in choosing 16 ounce sparring gloves
pesticid
post Apr 25 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 25 2010, 11:21 PM) *
I've never used or know anyone to use Rival gloves, so I can't comment on them.

I have a pair of Title gloves that I like too.

Hey thanks for that, they do have very,very afordable gloves with laces. I found a store in Toronto and if that doesn't pan out I'll probably order some title gloves. I want to get them with laces because some gloves are too big on the inside and the laces can sort of do the trick so it would be ideal. 16 ounces with laces and for less than $50. Nice!
What is the model that you have and how many ounces are they?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mbills
post Apr 26 2010, 01:14 AM
Post #12

Amateur

Member No.: 10,813

Winning gloves are the best for sparring/training. However, they are retardedly expensive and I dont know what you are looking to spend. Grants are a very close second, but again are pricey. If you're looking to compete on a semi pro/pro level, Winning or Grant is the way to go, but to mess around in ringside & title both make good stuff.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 26 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #13

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

For me Title is the best value in that it's affordable and reliable gear. I usually recommend it for people just starting to box because they don't know their own level of dedication, so many times people quit after a few months, that way they're only out a few bucks rather than many.

I think Ringside is the next level in that they make higher quality stuff than Title but are still pretty affordable. I have a couple of pairs of bag gloves from them and I've never been disappointed.

Once you get to a serious level of dedication, then you start considering the Grants, Winning, Everlast (the high end catalog), etc. In those brands there is a noticeable difference in quality, but the costs are only justified if you're using them frequently.

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 26 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #14

Heavyweight

QUOTE (mbills @ Apr 26 2010, 06:14 AM) *
Winning gloves are the best for sparring/training. However, they are retardedly expensive and I dont know what you are looking to spend. Grants are a very close second, but again are pricey. If you're looking to compete on a semi pro/pro level, Winning or Grant is the way to go, but to mess around in ringside & title both make good stuff.

Winning brand is the best I've ever sparred with, but they are easily the most expensive glove on the market.

+Quote Post
mbills
post Apr 26 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 10,813

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 26 2010, 02:21 AM) *
Winning brand is the best I've ever sparred with, but they are easily the most expensive glove on the market.

You've got that right lol.. I use Grants because I like to customize and they are definately the best looking gloves.. Ever. Winnings are great, but if you bore easily, Grants are the way to go.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Apr 26 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #16

The Prime Minista

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 25 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Hey thanks for that, they do have very,very afordable gloves with laces. I found a store in Toronto and if that doesn't pan out I'll probably order some title gloves. I want to get them with laces because some gloves are too big on the inside and the laces can sort of do the trick so it would be ideal. 16 ounces with laces and for less than $50. Nice!
What is the model that you have and how many ounces are they?

I got a pair of these around ten years ago...HEAVILY used 16oz...and I still have/use them today. http://store.titleboxing.com/ctsgl1.html

I got the hook/loop attachment for them after I got tired of needing someone else to lace them up for me. Very good gloves for the money, although I'm probably ready to retire them from bag work. My heavy bag is extremely hard and about 110lbs...for about the last year or so I had to change the way I wrap my hands. I kept getting those damn blood vessels popping between my pinky and ring finger...lol

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Apr 26 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 26 2010, 08:54 AM) *
I got a pair of these around ten years ago...HEAVILY used 16oz...and I still have/use them today. http://store.titleboxing.com/ctsgl1.html

I got the hook/loop attachment for them after I got tired of needing someone else to lace them up for me. Very good gloves for the money, although I'm probably ready to retire them from bag work. My heavy bag is extremely hard and about 110lbs...for about the last year or so I had to change the way I wrap my hands. I kept getting those damn blood vessels popping between my pinky and ring finger...lol

Spyder, how big are they on the inside? This is probably the pair that I would want to buy but I am always concerned about buying stuff like shoes and gloves without trying them first. The security blanket here is that they have laces, but hopefully not too big on the inside. I am like a small guy, 5 6/ 140

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 26 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #18

Heavyweight

QUOTE (pesticid @ Apr 26 2010, 02:01 PM) *
Spyder, how big are they on the inside? This is probably the pair that I would want to buy but I am always concerned about buying stuff like shoes and gloves without trying them first. The security blanket here is that they have laces, but hopefully not too big on the inside. I am like a small guy, 5 6/ 140

I had a pair like these for 3 years and they never tore on the inside. If you're looking for something a bit smaller, get the "Mexican style" training gloves. Same quality and weight, but the glove is more compacted and smaller around the fist.

This post has been edited by Snoop: Apr 26 2010, 08:21 AM

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Apr 26 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #19

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

I use Everlast and Reyes. My Reyes ran me about $120

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 26 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #20

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I use Twins/Windy/Everlast. All great gloves!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 10:26 AM