IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan, A lot of bark. Does he have the bite to match?
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 21 2011, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,413

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-mayweather...-ill-win--44037
http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-mayweather...e-ko-win--44054

This kid is doing a lot of talking. I understand the concept of building up a fight but I think this kid is starting to look, and sound desperate. Here's some articles from my other favorite boxing site.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Sep 22 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Speaking of doing a lot of talking, remember the time you issued an open challenge to a bare knuckle fight with anyone from fighthype at the May Ortiz presser in NY and then didnt show up?

+Quote Post
King Eugene
Post #3

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

I'm not going to click that link because that site has gave me a few viruses in the past but as far as Amir Khan goes....he's a damn good fighter. He's going after all the top guys and actually beating them if he gets them in the ring. So what he talks a lot of shit...at least he's attempting to back it up.

+Quote Post
King Eugene
Post #4

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 01:10 AM) *
Speaking of doing a lot of talking, remember the time you issued an open challenge to a bare knuckle fight with anyone from fighthype at the May Ortiz presser in NY and then didnt show up?

LMAO...I swear I was just thinking about this.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 22 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

Plus he's promised to "take the tess!"

I'll repeat that,

He's gonna "TAKE THE TESS!!!"

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Sep 22 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 12:10 AM) *

Wow! LOL! Haz, you need to address this here piff ASAP. That's second time you got called out!

+Quote Post
DavidA12
post Sep 22 2011, 02:38 AM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 13,180

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 22 2011, 05:58 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-mayweather...-ill-win--44037
http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-mayweather...e-ko-win--44054

This kid is doing a lot of talking. I understand the concept of building up a fight but I think this kid is starting to look, and sound desperate. Here's some articles from my other favorite boxing site.

Khan is doing a lot of talking but in no way do i think he's getting a head of himself. He's being realistic in saying he isnt ready for Mayweather yet but that he thinks he will be in 2-3 fights time. For me thats bang on. Khan is improving every single fight and looks like he's just one big fight away from making that step up to the elite and stardom. For me Khan is the best prospect boxing has at the minute the man has everything, electirc hands, power in both, good footwork and a good chin (yes you read that right a good chin). I can see him cleaning out the 140, moving up to 147 for Mayweather and catching him at the end of his career and then again moving up to 154, he's big enough and has a long enough reach to do well in the 154 division.

+Quote Post
chicagogato
post Sep 22 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #8

Amateur

Member No.: 13,195

QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Sep 22 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Khan is doing a lot of talking but in no way do i think he's getting a head of himself. He's being realistic in saying he isnt ready for Mayweather yet but that he thinks he will be in 2-3 fights time. For me thats bang on. Khan is improving every single fight and looks like he's just one big fight away from making that step up to the elite and stardom. For me Khan is the best prospect boxing has at the minute the man has everything, electirc hands, power in both, good footwork and a good chin (yes you read that right a good chin). I can see him cleaning out the 140, moving up to 147 for Mayweather and catching him at the end of his career and then again moving up to 154, he's big enough and has a long enough reach to do well in the 154 division.

If he's not ready and he knows he's not ready he ought to shut up about it!

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Sep 22 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (chicagogato @ Sep 23 2011, 12:18 AM) *
If he's not ready and he knows he's not ready he ought to shut up about it!

Why? This business is all about self promotion. Mayweather is a perfect example. He targeted De la Fishnets about 2 years before he actually fought him. In fact he made it very clear that the Judah fight was all about testing himself in the higher weights with the ultimate goal to meet Oscar.

There is nothing wrong with laying out your blueprint for the world to see. It takes some moxy but good for Khan.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Sep 22 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 22 2011, 01:10 AM) *

Ok, and? Your particulars say you're from Scotland so I'm pretty sure you didn't show up either. I got caught up with pressing business. I do have a life. I'm still running around NYC so we can set something up if you're looking to accept that challenge.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:01 PM