Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrian Broner v Ricky Burns, someone fill me in
lloyd mayflower
post Aug 9 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,369

Just read on boxingscene that Schaefer says Broner will soon fight Ricky Burns for Burns title. Now iv not seen much of Broner, little bits and pieces. I know he had a win over Jason Litzau, and I cant help feeling at this stage Ricky might be getting served up here as the easiest route to a title for this kid.

What can anyone tell me about his chances?

(I appreciate maybe a lot of you havent seen a lot of Burns since prior to Martinez he was a domestic fighter but maybe you know more about Broner)

This post has been edited by lloyd mayflower: Aug 9 2011, 09:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 9 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

From what I've seen of Broner, he has good skills and natural ability but he tends to not be busy enough. He seems to fancy himself a younger FMJ, choosing to pot shot and pick his spots too sparingly.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 9 2011, 10:06 PM) *
From what I've seen of Broner, he has good skills and natural ability but he tends to not be busy enough. He seems to fancy himself a younger FMJ, choosing to pot shot and pick his spots too sparingly.

this sums him up quite well, he could be very good but he needs to be more active. He's still very young and this is a good fight against a tough durable fighter

+Quote Post
FinitoElDinamita
post Aug 10 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #4

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,302

Broner knocks him out easy...

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 10 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Aug 10 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Broner knocks him out easy...

If he can stop burns that would be pretty impressive imo. Burns has never been stopped(lost 12rd UDs) and has been in there with heavy handed opponents before. I can see Broner winning easily but if he can stop burns it definitely raises his stock

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Aug 10 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Aug 10 2011, 09:40 AM) *
this sums him up quite well, he could be very good but he needs to be more active. He's still very young and this is a good fight against a tough durable fighter

Yea, just being more active..i watched a few of his fights and i think he tries to pot shot too much which inevitably causes him to be less active during rounds and lose some rounds because of it, but he is young so he'll get better, this is definitely a good fight for him

+Quote Post
SENTRAL
post Aug 11 2011, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 10,900

Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing. 

Burns is bigger physically and is far more active which will enabling him to steal rounds.  Burns might get caught, might get put down but if the judges call this one correctly I can't look past Ricky Burns winning a tight decision.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 11 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2011, 09:29 AM) *
Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing. 

Burns is bigger physically and is far more active which will enabling him to steal rounds.  Burns might get caught, might get put down but if the judges call this one correctly I can't look past Ricky Burns winning a tight decision.

I don't think he's over hyped, he's barely talked about. He is very skilled and has been fighting at a very high level, given his young age(22). In his last 2 fights he's fought two guys in the top ten, over hyped would have been your boy Lemuiex. Broner is the real deal and will continue to progress with the right opponents. Burns is a perfect opponent to both push Broner physically while giving him a chance to stop an opponent that has never been stopped(on HBO). Burns has never fought anyone like Broner(slick, fast, with precise power). GBP is moving Broner correctly imo, a big win here will start the Gamboa talks

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 11 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Broner is just another over hyped GBP fighter and they're looking at Burns because they see him as the easiest route to the top.  I'm not so certain about that.  Broner has a better win on his resume with the Ponce de Leon fight but we all know he actually lost that one so it counts for nothing

I agree that Broner's "victory" was close to a robbery. Broner's inactivity was the clear cause of that. Twitching Litzau was impressive but answers nothing. Ricky Burns will supply some answers.

. . . oh, and I cun't seem to look past that erect middle finger for a glimpse of that tight little . . .

This post has been edited by SmartyBeardo: Aug 11 2011, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Aug 12 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Aug 9 2011, 11:06 PM) *

There's nothin' else that needs to be said.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 01:14 PM