IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Are The Klitschkos Still Loved So Much in Germany?
Warlord
post Sep 3 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 3 2010, 03:07 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I know, it's like lumping together America, Canada, Brazil, Mexico and all the surrounding islands as one and then classing them as 'those yanks'.

Hey brother, count your blessings. In China, the perception is even smaller. Here, there are only 2 countries in the entire world. China, and "The West."

And if you're a white honkey, it immediately makes you an oracle who can give a summation of every "westerner's" thoughts, feelings, beliefs, opinions, etc...

If you're black, brown, tan, or anything else, it really throws them for a loop, because they must then assume that a 3rd continent exists, which they mythically refer to as "Afric." Not Africa, but "Afric."

I got a buddy from Clapham (south of London) who happens to be black. Which of course really means, to dumb Chinese, that he must be from Afric. Oh, there are some disagreements. For instance, they disagree on who he resembles most. Kobe of Michael Jordan. (The guy is pushing 50, and resembles neither in the slightest.)

I swear, one dude actually said to him, "Tell me about... the jungle!" And he was FUCKING SERIOUS! Like my dude is riding fucking elephants to work and shit.

Goddamn Chinese, taking retardism to a whole new level. Sorry Snoop, you know it's true.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 3 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #22

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 4 2010, 04:39 AM) *
Hey brother, count your blessings. In China, the perception is even smaller. Here, there are only 2 countries in the entire world. China, and "The West."

And if you're a white honkey, it immediately makes you an oracle who can give a summation of every "westerner's" thoughts, feelings, beliefs, opinions, etc...

If you're black, brown, tan, or anything else, it really throws them for a loop, because they must then assume that a 3rd continent exists, which they mythically refer to as "Afric." Not Africa, but "Afric."

I got a buddy from Clapham (south of London) who happens to be black. Which of course really means, to dumb Chinese, that he must be from Afric. Oh, there are some disagreements. For instance, they disagree on who he resembles most. Kobe of Michael Jordan. (The guy is pushing 50, and resembles neither in the slightest.)

I swear, one dude actually said to him, "Tell me about... the jungle!" And he was FUCKING SERIOUS! Like my dude is riding fucking elephants to work and shit.

Goddamn Chinese, taking retardism to a whole new level. Sorry Snoop, you know it's true.

LMAO. The sad thing is, I can imagine all those conversations happening in China.

But ignorance exists everywhere. I had stupid shit said to me while I was traveling through Latin America, like EVERYONE calling me Jackie Chan or Jet Li, asking me what the ENTIRE country of China was like (even though I've never been there), and countless people just pulling up the skin behind their eyes, and bucking their teeth. After a while, I just had to laugh at it.

On the flip side, I also met some great people who totally understood that there actually could be an Asian guy that grew up in the States, or Australia, or the UK, or wherever nobody else think Asians would be, so I have to believe there are those people in China. Just sorry you had to deal with the short end of the stick so far dude.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 3 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *
LMAO. The sad thing is, I can imagine all those conversations happening in China.

But ignorance exists everywhere. I had stupid shit said to me while I was traveling through Latin America, like EVERYONE calling me Jackie Chan or Jet Li, asking me what the ENTIRE country of China was like (even though I've never been there), and countless people just pulling up the skin behind their eyes, and bucking their teeth. After a while, I just had to laugh at it.

On the flip side, I also met some great people who totally understood that there actually could be an Asian guy that grew up in the States, or Australia, or the UK, or wherever nobody else think Asians would be, so I have to believe there are those people in China. Just sorry you had to deal with the short end of the stick so far dude.

It's cool, bro. My wife is Chinese, so don't think I'm just backhanding this country. Every country, as you've said, is home to its own unique brand of massive stupidity. This place just sucks the soul though. I've never experienced anything quite like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
King Eugene
post Sep 3 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #24

Proud American

Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 3 2010, 11:39 PM) *

I swear that was so damn funny I don't even think I would have been offended. Probably just laughed and walked off.

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post Sep 4 2010, 03:57 AM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 3 2010, 10:39 PM) *

Hahahaha. Man, I love ignorant people. They make the world go round (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Sep 4 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #26

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 4 2010, 05:31 AM) *
It's cool, bro. My wife is Chinese, so don't think I'm just backhanding this country. Every country, as you've said, is home to its own unique brand of massive stupidity. This place just sucks the soul though. I've never experienced anything quite like it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think it's due to the underlying inferiority/superiority complex that the country of China suffers from. The reason I was able to laugh at those Asian jokes later was because I realized that 90% of the time it was just someone's way of breaking the ice, busting my balls, or they just had a sincere misunderstanding of the world. At least from my experience, Chinese people will think the same shit because they think their race is superior. Not everyone of course, but at least more than in other cultures, which is why I have very few Chinese friends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 4 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 4 2010, 02:31 PM) *
I think it's due to the underlying inferiority/superiority complex that the country of China suffers from. The reason I was able to laugh at those Asian jokes later was because I realized that 90% of the time it was just someone's way of breaking the ice, busting my balls, or they just had a sincere misunderstanding of the world. At least from my experience, Chinese people will think the same shit because they think their race is superior. Not everyone of course, but at least more than in other cultures, which is why I have very few Chinese friends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You hit the nail on the head right there, as far as mainland China goes. I've never, in my entire life, been around more nationalistic assholes than I have here.

It is sad, actually. And unbelievable. For a country that has been through as much shit as China has, I continue to wonder how they can maintain this ignorant air of superiority.

But, the truth is, superiority complexes are fed by inferiority complexes. I think deep down, most mainland Chinese harbor deep feelings of inferiority. Dirty, poor, ass-backwards farmers running a form of government that is a proven failure. Bereft of true culture, parroting manufactured culture, living on faded past glories that never were, absent of creativity or independence, chained to formality and empty ritual. Watching as other great Asian superpowers around them grow, independent and free, with true ties to a past culture that have not been severed through greed, selfishness, and self-mutilation.

It is a weakness prevalent in the middle east as well. People with nothing take defeat and turn it into victory. Taking pride in victim-hood, laying the troubles they have at the doorstep of those who are stronger. Looking down their noses at the strong, but forced to do so while looking up.

People who've never spent time outside North America or the strong European powers can never really understand this. But those who have, must have some inkling of what I've said.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 4 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

There is no NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB in Germany. There is soccer and Boxing. To have the 2 heavyweight champs fight in Germany is a BIG deal because there are no other outlets there. Its not like folks can go to the equivalent of the Falcons vs the Saints every week. Fewer outlets in Germany creates a market for the Klits to flourish in.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:00 AM