> Mayweathers Logic
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #61

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 30 2011, 08:18 PM) *
havent really seen any name calling but i pretty much agree with the post above. and cshel am sober i swear mann haha

You aint you gotta prove it to me man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Max you're right, but I dont mind a squabble or two, or three...who cares! Trust me, its been worse than this! Hell, Im not all that quick to shy away from a squabble. Like I told everybody earlier, I would be a fool to think that everybody is going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Nov 30 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #62

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 08:34 PM) *
You aint you gotta prove it to me man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Max you're right, but I dont mind a squabble or two, or three...who cares! Trust me, its been worse than this! Hell, Im not all that quick to shy away from a squabble. Like I told everybody earlier, I would be a fool to think that everybody is going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif)

No doubt dude...I can only imagine what it's been like here over the last 2 years. I think that if a fight is signed, sealed and delivered contractually for May 5th between Manny and Floyd, the battle lines will be drawn again haha.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 30 2011, 09:51 PM) *
No doubt dude...I can only imagine what it's been like here over the last 2 years. I think that if a fight is signed, sealed and delivered contractually for May 5th between Manny and Floyd, the battle lines will be drawn again haha.

Oh yeah, thats a given. Im trying to chill with the Cortez-style moderating...I'll probably have to pick it back up around that time. As of now, straight Smoger style! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 30 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #64

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 30 2011, 09:03 PM) *
Look, I think the major takeaway is that if a fight is close enough, then several things are in fact being left open to interpretation. I personally had Marquez winning by a round in the Pacquiao fight, but some of those rounds were so close that I can't really fault 2 of the judges for their scores.

Can you make an argument that Castillo beat Mayweather ? Sure. Can you also make a similarly valid counter-argument ? Of course you can.

The bottom line is that neither of the aforementioned fights were robberies. You let it get that close, and thereby you're allowing for the controversy.

This isn't what happened in Lara vs. Paul Williams, which was egregious, or some of the other insane decisions we've seen over the years.

People are entitled to think and say what they will, but let's talk about it like adults. The name calling isn't necessary fellas, we're all fans here.

+1

+Quote Post
CrazyBuffalO
post Dec 1 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #65

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,128

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:14 AM) *
Welcome back Buffalo! Glad to see ya in yet ANOTHER Mayweather thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'd usually take this time to let you know that Im ignoring your posts, but you actually have some points this time around! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

Thanks. And why would you want to ignore my posts? I make intelligent posts (all if not most of the time). The only thing is I donít get much time to post these days. Sometimes I would post in one thread and I wouldnít have time to follow up on the responses. And then I would be back sometime later and thereíd be several other new threadsÖ and then I wouldnít know where to begin again. So again Iíd choose another Mayweather thread to participate in.
I wish I could make more posts and contribute more intelligence to the community. Of course Iíd post in Mayweather-threads. Iím a Floyd fan. Other fighters donít interest me much. I wish I could open up a Floyd fan club here or something. Although I wouldnít expect a lot of other fans out here (in this country that Iím in that is).

@ ALL
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #66

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Dec 1 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Of course Iíd post in Mayweather-threads. Iím a Floyd fan. Other fighters donít interest me much. I wish I could open up a Floyd fan club here or something.

Repeat that please. Your throat seems backed up and your words are coming out kinda funny. Maybe you should try removing Floyd's scro... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) ...nevermind.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Dec 1 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #67

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:33 PM) *
PCole I think Garret is the most overrated coach in the world. He screwed Wade Phillips by not opening up his playbook. Rivers is having a terrible seaon but I think after his two running backs left a lof of pressure was put on him and well he isn't doing too well. Norv Turner is a idoit for not punting against Denver. Why give them half a field. Plus because Denver won I have to listen to this bullcrap about "Tebow Magic." I am so tired of hearing about the most over overrated QB who has no skills. You see what happen when he played the Lions. He got owned.

I felt garret screwed phillips also to get the head coach job.....how is it that they were doing terrible then all of a sudden they start playing well when phillips left? garret screwed him big time....I love Rivers he's done a great job in san diego, but this year has been the worst season ever.....i wanted norv fired every season since we lost the AFC championship to the Patriots, he sucks as a head coach and our GM doesn't bring in enough talent these days we have 0 backups.....I hate Tim Tebow and all this hype he gets about being a winner this a winner that....he sucks big balls, no mechanics,can't read defenses, has no throwing power at all, no accuracy...but you know what's funny? michael vick had all these things, fast release, arm strength, but he caught hell every year until last year that he wasn't a pocket qb, but tim tebow gets praised for not being a pocket qb....hmmmm....interesting lol

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 1 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #68

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Dec 1 2011, 01:53 PM) *
I felt garret screwed phillips also to get the head coach job.....how is it that they were doing terrible then all of a sudden they start playing well when phillips left? garret screwed him big time....I love Rivers he's done a great job in san diego, but this year has been the worst season ever.....i wanted norv fired every season since we lost the AFC championship to the Patriots, he sucks as a head coach and our GM doesn't bring in enough talent these days we have 0 backups.....I hate Tim Tebow and all this hype he gets about being a winner this a winner that....he sucks big balls, no mechanics,can't read defenses, has no throwing power at all, no accuracy...but you know what's funny? michael vick had all these things, fast release, arm strength, but he caught hell every year until last year that he wasn't a pocket qb, but tim tebow gets praised for not being a pocket qb....hmmmm....interesting lol

I love you (sorry CShels)...That Mike Vick thing! At Virgina Tech they were on him so tuff, they loved the fact that he could run outside of the pocket.... The moment he was drafted to Atlanta, everyone said that he needed to know how to stay in the pocket. This year he stayed in the pocket and now he is all banged up. Mike always had an arm, but he did his damage with his legs. Atlanta did not change the offense for him. The same with Vince Young and McNabb. They had arms but their strength was outside the pocket. The NFL has changed that QBs can't live in the pocket you need a mobile QB. Tim Hypo can't throw and isn't that damn fast. What he has is the all american I love the Lord thing going on. Hey, I am Christian and but I don't think you have beat people over the head with it. And from what people from Florida have told me is that it is an act. I could careless. I know one thing, the moment Denver plays a team that has a good defense and better offense it is over. They changed the entire offense for this kid, and he still sucks! Imagine if Vick had the offense that Frank Beamer gave him in the pros!!!! Rivers needs a great running back. Norv is a damn fool! And the defense is playing lack luster. Hopefully yawl can still make the playoffs.

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Dec 1 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #69

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

Vick would of been a beast if they changed the offense for him,but only tebow gets special treatment, and atlanta never drafted any WR's for vick(roddy white was a rookie vick's last year there i think) not until he went to jail then they get Gonzalez draft julio jones but....I really hate Tebow, and to think that urban meyer thought he was better than cam newton....then cam transfered to a JC then got down in the SEC at auburn and is a way better qb in the nfl than slow freaking tebow.....we have to win these last 5 games and the raiders have to lose 3/5 for us to make it.....but as a fan i always have hope lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #70

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Gee...I wonder what everybody thinks of Mayweather's logic. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) Im sure we would all like to know, but thanks to Ms Allmenj... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) ...nevermind, you're bound to repeat it anyway. Just when I stop with the Joe Cortez moderating, stuff like this happens (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) Question of the day...does FightHype happen to have a General Discussion section (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Imwaiting.png)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:07 AM