devdog85
post Apr 10 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,077

Hey All here is a interesting video interview on Tim Bradley

http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/ti...-own-way-part-1

In the buildup of the fight it seems as though Bradley needs and wants this fight more than Pacquiao even trying to convince himself he won but deep down he know he lost the first fight Question for you guys if Bradley were to lose how much of a toll would it take mentally are we talking Meldrick Taylor? what sucks is he will always be judged over this fight if he losses, and its a bit unfair because he had a outstanding career outside of pacquiao (Provo, Marquez Alexander, Peterson, Witter, etc)

Thoughts?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 10 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Boxing is no place for the mentally weak.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 10 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 10 2014, 02:26 PM) *
Boxing is no place for the mentally weak.

+1

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Apr 10 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

"Bradley once ran 23 miles through the Mojave Desert wearing boots and carrying a back pack just to see if he could do it"

fucking insane if this is true.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Apr 10 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Look at big Ray, just in the quotes he's made over the years. I think Bradley's extremes will limit his career vastly, the human body can only take so much before it starts breaking down. I saw the press conference yesterday, this dudes mouth and eyes were all messed up from the dehydration and in his case he's wayyyyyy too small for 154 but he's put on so much muscle that its only a matter of time where he won't be able to squeeze down to 147. Joel was just quoted as saying "we did a full work out I left for a few hours came back and he was still going. I had to fight with him to stop to go home". I know hard work is inspirational and we appreciate it as fans but this guy is going to fck around and kill himself on some trying to be superman shhh..as far as his mental situation i'm sure the Marquez fight has him at all time high of confidence but he seems like the guy who needs to regularly be validated and psyched up by others around him.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 10 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Hey All here is a interesting video interview on Tim Bradley

http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/ti...-own-way-part-1

In the buildup of the fight it seems as though Bradley needs and wants this fight more than Pacquiao even trying to convince himself he won but deep down he know he lost the first fight Question for you guys if Bradley were to lose how much of a toll would it take mentally are we talking Meldrick Taylor? what sucks is he will always be judged over this fight if he losses, and its a bit unfair because he had a outstanding career outside of pacquiao (Provo, Marquez Alexander, Peterson, Witter, etc)

Thoughts?

Even if Bradley loses this fight it'll still place him on even par with MP since they'd be split one and one, the main thing is that it'll guarantee Arum a third fight between the two of them as the rubber match will have to finally settle the score. I don't think a loss by Tim will bring him to the level of Taylor mentally, he has too strong a character for that.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 10 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Mentally weak you guys say, the dude admits he considered suicide, Joel Diaz says if Pac is feeling compassionate he should retire, what should Bradley do? Consider rehab? While Bradley is a smart guy, this Pac fight he may just pull a Ruslan, I mean Pac and HBO mostly is the cause of his demons, wouldn't he want to face those demons head on.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 11 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

further illustrates Bradley is a complete idiot... never liked him, never will

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:27 AM