Reply to this topicStart new topic
> May 4th Undercard possibility, Guerrero is talking sh*t! Nice
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

As far as his trash talk, he aint saying nothing knew that the other 43 hasn't said. NOTHING. You can pull up many a fighter on youtube who Mayweather has fought spewing that same shit he talkin. I refuse to separate him bringing up religion in his trash talk because if that's the case then don't bring up some of the things Broner says. It's one in the same. Whether he actually wins is another thing. The boxing IQ's that will be across from him come fight night will be overwhelming and he will find that out soon enough

I know he comes to fight and he will be coming to fight on May 4th. But he has some issues to address, he's not athletic at all. Since he's been at WW, he has diminished skills and speed. And he doesn't box as much anymore, he's switched to a much more knock down, drag out type of fighter. But his power also hasn't came up with him and let's not forget that he fights flat footed.

In terms of the way he chooses to trash talk and confidence and all that, he is right there in terms of Broner level. Which is funny because he started this act when he was practically begging for a Floyd fight yr ago. Before that, I have never seen him or heard him say the things that he says now. He's every bit of a character as some believe Broner is and to try to separate his religious comments from the others one's hold no weight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:39 PM) *
From what the other tweets Fat Dan sent out said, Canelo wants Trout, he just doesn't want to continue to line Mayweather's pockets in the process. Especially if he doesn't commit to a fight in the Fall and Floyd thus far has not comitted

can't fault him for that. might as well do his own thing and reap the benefits. trout is going to end his run.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:57 PM) *
can't fault him for that. might as well do his own thing and reap the benefits. trout is going to end his run.

You think Trout can stop him?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 09:26 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2013, 06:25 PM) *
Please do not make me have a nightmare tonight. I rather see Cory Spinks and K9 fight again!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yeah man, that Forbes/Vargas fight was trash. Stevie looked like he had on black church socks and no boots...I think that's what annoyed me the most.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Undercard might not shape up they way I hoped

@danrafaelespn
Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Floyd has a tough fight in front of him w/ Guerrero. That's his focus. So if he wont sign for a fall Canelo fight (more)

@danrafaelespn
So Canelo could wind up facing Trout (or somebody else) May 4 without the guarantee Floyd is next or he could go on his own show in June.

@danrafaelespn
From what I'm told, Canelo is fine to fight Trout or whomever GB wants to make, but not on Floyd's card w/out guarantee of a Floyd fight

@danrafaelespn
Canelo unsure he wants to be on Floyd's undercard, bringing attention & $$ to show but minus guarantee he gets Floyd, which is what he wants

What did I tell you guys??? WHAT did I tell you guys? Floyd aint gonna commit to anything until after May 4th. No fighter in their right mind should have another opponent set in stone, before he beats the guy in front of him.

Canelo fighting Trout just seemed a bit too good to be true. Regardless of what they say about Canelo being willing to fight Trout if a Floyd fight was signed for September, even GBP knows that Trout is an obstacle.

Again, I see Canelo fighting Angulo or Molina, then fighting Cotto in the fall. I see Floyd fighting Guerrero in May, then the winner of Brook/Alexander...which WILL BE Brook.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 07:35 PM) *
i'm sure floyd will be paying a lot of these guys out of pocket...which is a good thing for his camp. spread the wealth.

Well he didn't have to pay Lattimore or Vargas much last May...I believe that both of them made under $100k. I know that Lattimore made between 50k and 80k. That's chump change to Floyd, so yeah, he could pay guys that much and we could get some dull fights. I must admit, Quintana/Lattimore went exactly how I called it though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 09:35 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 09:43 PM) *
As far as his trash talk, he aint saying nothing knew that the other 43 hasn't said. NOTHING. You can pull up many a fighter on youtube who Mayweather has fought spewing that same shit he talkin. I refuse to separate him bringing up religion in his trash talk because if that's the case then don't bring up some of the things Broner says. It's one in the same. Whether he actually wins is another thing. The boxing IQ's that will be across from him come fight night will be overwhelming and he will find that out soon enough

I know he comes to fight and he will be coming to fight on May 4th. But he has some issues to address, he's not athletic at all. Since he's been at WW, he has diminished skills and speed. And he doesn't box as much anymore, he's switched to a much more knock down, drag out type of fighter. But his power also hasn't came up with him and let's not forget that he fights flat footed.

In terms of the way he chooses to trash talk and confidence and all that, he is right there in terms of Broner level. Which is funny because he started this act when he was practically begging for a Floyd fight yr ago. Before that, I have never seen him or heard him say the things that he says now. He's every bit of a character as some believe Broner is and to try to separate his religious comments from the others one's hold no weight

it's like i said before...the squeaky wheel gets the oil. i remember when everyone thought it was ridiculous that he was calling out floyd. this was before he beat aydin for the mandatory spot and berto. say what u will...but he's not in this position by accident. i have no problem with anything floyd, broner or guerrero say because i'm not really interested in their moral compass or lack thereof....i'm interested in what they do in the ring. that's what i meant by separate. i see what guerrero is doing as a flip side to what floyd and broner do. it's all shit talk...and all that matters is what happens in the ring. the boxing IQ's in the corner clearly favor floyd....but all the real work will be done in the gym. i've never heard good advice coming from the corner of either fighter to be honest. they're both very different in their approach.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 10:26 PM) *
"lol:

Yeah man, that Forbes/Vargas fight was trash. Stevie looked like he had on black church socks and no boots...I think that's what annoyed me the most.

What did I tell you guys??? WHAT did I tell you guys? Floyd aint gonna commit to anything until after May 4th. No fighter in their right mind should have another opponent set in stone, before he beats the guy in front of him.

Canelo fighting Trout just seemed a bit too good to be true. Regardless of what they say about Canelo being willing to fight Trout if a Floyd fight was signed for September, even GBP knows that Trout is an obstacle.

Again, I see Canelo fighting Angulo or Molina, then fighting Cotto in the fall. I see Floyd fighting Guerrero in May, then the winner of Brook/Alexander...which WILL BE Brook.

Well he didn't have to pay Lattimore or Vargas much last May...I believe that both of them made under $100k. I know that Lattimore made between 50k and 80k. That's chump change to Floyd, so yeah, he could pay guys that much and we could get some dull fights. I must admit, Quintana/Lattimore went exactly how I called it though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

quintana came up big on that one and sank like a pile of shit in the fight after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:03 PM) *
You think Trout can stop him?

stop his winning streak...i don't know about ko or actual stoppage. he's going to school canelo. whether he gets the decision remains to be seen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 09:36 PM) *
quintana came up big on that one and sank like a pile of shit in the fight after that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Exactly!

I thought he was gonna do good down the home stretch of his career, after that win. I guess I was sadly mistaken. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2013, 10:05 PM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Let's be honest... Red Head ain't selling big PPV numbers! Not at all. yes Mexicans love him but he fights in the United States, and his opponents have been less than par. I guess if Mayweather doesn't commit to Red Head it would be considered a duck. And what if Red Head gets handed by Trout or looks sub par against another opponent, and Mayweather is suppose to fight a a guy who got outclassed? Great bargaining! There is no guarantee that Red Head will look good or even win, and Mayweather is smart for not looking ahead to Alvarez. That is how Ortiz lost! One step at a time!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2013, 08:35 PM) *
it's like i said before...the squeaky wheel gets the oil. i remember when everyone thought it was ridiculous that he was calling out floyd. this was before he beat aydin for the mandatory spot and berto. say what u will...but he's not in this position by accident. i have no problem with anything floyd, broner or guerrero say because i'm not really interested in their moral compass or lack thereof....i'm interested in what they do in the ring. that's what i meant by separate. i see what guerrero is doing as a flip side to what floyd and broner do. it's all shit talk...and all that matters is what happens in the ring. the boxing IQ's in the corner clearly favor floyd....but all the real work will be done in the gym. i've never heard good advice coming from the corner of either fighter to be honest. they're both very different in their approach.

I see what your saying, I agree he's pumping up the fight. I am one of the ones who called him a nut for calling Floyd out and I still don't think he deserves the fight but he did earn it by beating Aydin and Guerrero. He got into it with one of Floyd's employees on twitter not to long ago. It's entertainment and he's bringing that

And I just got a feeling that if Trout can put it all together that he can stop Canelo. But I see a decision W for Trout in that fight, I just hope he doesn't get robbed

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:15 AM