IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> quintana vs thurman, anyone else excited about this one?
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i am!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

both are very good. thurman i've only seen once but i was impressed. quintana seems to have revived his career and is sounding very confident for this one. can't wait to see this unfold!!! should be a good fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Nov 21 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 21 2012, 03:36 PM) *
i am!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

both are very good. thurman i've only seen once but i was impressed. quintana seems to have revived his career and is sounding very confident for this one. can't wait to see this unfold!!! should be a good fight.

I like this fight as well Professor. It's gonna be interesting to see more of how Thurman progressed and deals with the Veteran in Quintana. This is Thurman's 1st real test to see what he's got, but if I had to choose, I'd say Quintana's experience will Probably get him the decision. Though I've only seen 1 fight from Thurman, his last performance didn't say to me that he's really something special enough "yet". I don't think he has the skills set that Miguel Cotto, PAul Williams & Andre Berto had when they fought and beat Quintana, but we'll see come fight night.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 21 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Nov 21 2012, 04:05 PM) *
I like this fight as well Professor. It's gonna be interesting to see more of how Thurman progressed and deals with the Veteran in Quintana. This is Thurman's 1st real test to see what he's got, but if I had to choose, I'd say Quintana's experience will Probably get him the decision. Though I've only seen 1 fight from Thurman, his last performance didn't say to me that he's really something special enough "yet". I don't think he has the skills set that Miguel Cotto, PAul Williams & Andre Berto had when they fought and beat Quintana, but we'll see come fight night.

i seem to recall hearing that he had been inactive prior to that fight. he looked like he loaded up a lot...but one thing was for certain...he can punch. quintana looked really good in his last fight and did a great job of playing spoiler for latimore. it's very possible that he can do it again. should be interesting. nice co-feature to go with berto/guerrero. should be a good card.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 21 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im more excited about this one, than the main event. As I already mentioned, Im not sure which Berto shows up this weekend, so I cant get too excited. One thing's for sure, Thurman will bring the pain, and Quintana has no problem pulling off an upset. If Quintana is focused, then we should see a good scrap. If not, then Thurman fleeces him.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Nov 21 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2012, 08:01 PM) *
Im more excited about this one, than the main event. As I already mentioned, Im not sure which Berto shows up this weekend, so I cant get too excited. One thing's for sure, Thurman will bring the pain, and Quintana has no problem pulling off an upset. If Quintana is focused, then we should see a good scrap. If not, then Thurman fleeces him.

I like Thurman. He is really about the hurt business. He just wants to deliver pain.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 22 2012, 12:24 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Im not sold on Thurman. I thought he look flabby in his last fight. I know he has a great record with alot of KOs but i didnt see any real snap on his punches. I remember thinking if he could loose the baby fat and somehow get down to 140, maybe he could be more dynamic. Instead he moves up to 152? Thats a head scratcher for me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 22 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 22 2012, 12:24 AM) *
Im not sold on Thurman. I thought he look flabby in his last fight. I know he has a great record with alot of KOs but i didnt see any real snap on his punches. I remember thinking if he could loose the baby fat and somehow get down to 140, maybe he could be more dynamic. Instead he moves up to 152? Thats a head scratcher for me.

I agree with most parts of this. Either Lora had a helluva chin or Thurman doesn't hit that hard...maybe its the initial in this case. Thurman's a pretty big dude, so 140 may be a bit of a stretch for him. What weight is this fight at? I know Thurman just fought at 147 and Quintana fought at 154, so is there a catchweight involved?

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Nov 22 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I agree with most parts of this. Either Lora had a helluva chin or Thurman doesn't hit that hard...maybe its the initial in this case. Thurman's a pretty big dude, so 140 may be a bit of a stretch for him. What weight is this fight at? I know Thurman just fought at 147 and Quintana fought at 154, so is there a catchweight involved?

Catchweight of 152.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 22 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 22 2012, 08:39 AM) *
Catchweight of 152.

What tha muthaf***ck???

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 22 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Quintana is a shoe in for an upset on any night.. idk about thurman in his last fight it looked like his opponent kinda just tired out and got kod. He has some skill and pop but quitana is pretty crafty

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 07:29 AM