IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd-No Overwhelming African American Support, Why doesn't he have his legion amongst Blacks??
Amandla
post Sep 27 2013, 05:01 AM
Post #171

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 27 2013, 02:34 AM) *
I know ward might not have the most exciting style but he should be doing subway commericals and he should be on espn. I seen b hop on espn promoting his fights.

In fact theres plenty more support for Mayweather than there is for Ward.

Change the thread title cos thats the real problem. Andre Ward should be getting more exposure.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 27 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #172

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 26 2013, 05:31 PM) *
You late to the party bruh, I posted that in the other thread weeks ago, they been back together for months now. I don't see shit corny about RG3, people fear what they don't understand

Difference in opinions. He is pretty dull to me. I loved the way his parents raised him, but I am no fan. Maybe because he plays for Washington or maybe he went to Baylor but whatever it is I am not slobbering over RGIII. Its something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 27 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #173

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 12:45 PM) *
Difference in opinions. He is pretty dull to me. I loved the way his parents raised him, but I am no fan. Maybe because he plays for Washington or maybe he went to Baylor but whatever it is I am not slobbering over RGIII. Its something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Its the hair... I dont know if those are braids or what? Its like that scene in House Party when Robin Harris is about to pat Kid on the head and then has this look, like fuck that... I dont know what the fuck that is. Looks like black, greasy, hay on his head... Strangely, he looks like one of the many incarnations of Andre 3000 at Qb for the Skins.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 01:54 PM
Post #174

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2013, 02:45 PM) *
Its the hair... I dont know if those are braids or what? Its like that scene in House Party when Robin Harris is about to pat Kid on the head and then has this look, like fuck that... I dont know what the fuck that is. Looks like black, greasy, hay on his head... Strangely, he looks like one of the many incarnations of Andre 3000 at Qb for the Skins.

Never you mind, he looks like a Ghoul 2.1. Other than that, I don't see dude as corny....well....except for that thing, where he's like, "I don't wanna be Cam Newton, I wanna be Aaron Rodgers." I get the premise of his response (after all, as a black QB you HAVE to distance yourself from being compared to another black QB), but it could easily be construed as a "slight" to Cam.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #175

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 27 2013, 02:34 AM) *
I know ward might not have the most exciting style but he should be doing subway commericals and he should be on espn. I seen b hop on espn promoting his fights.

THIS.....especially, considering they have Mike Lee as a spokesman. WTH is Mike Lee? **rhetorical question, assholes...I, in fact, know who is Mike Lee**

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 27 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #176

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2013, 11:45 AM) *

he does look like Andre Benjamin. Good call!
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 11:54 AM) *
Never you mind, he looks like a Ghoul 2.1. Other than that, I don't see dude as corny....well....except for that thing, where he's like, "I don't wanna be Cam Newton, I wanna be Aaron Rodgers." I get the premise of his response (after all, as a black QB you HAVE to distance yourself from being compared to another black QB), but it could easily be construed as a "slight" to Cam.

But why take a slight at Cam? And Aaron Rodgers does not have the speed RGIII has, or the arm strength so in a way he is down playing his own talent. I just think RGIII does things to distance himself from black society. At Baylor, they said he only hung out with certain teammates, mostly white, but i am not settled on that story because I am not sure if the source is legit.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Sep 27 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #177

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 01:57 PM) *
THIS.....especially, considering they have Mike Lee as a spokesman. WTH is Mike Lee? **rhetorical question, assholes...I, in fact, know who is Mike Lee**

I get mad everytime, I see that commerical

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 27 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #178

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 01:57 PM) *

I don't know what to make of Mike Lee, I think it's cause he is White, went to Nortre Dame and ND fans are fanatical and 98 percent of the USA population knows nothing about boxing for all they know Lee is a ATG.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #179

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Sep 27 2013, 11:45 AM) *

You sound like a school girl, you can't even pinpoint why you don't like him..you proving the point of this thread lol. I'm a fan but I ain't a fan of his coach, he's an asshole who dumps players on the regular and he sometimes shoots his mouth off too much. He handled the situation with Griffin's knee all wrong

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Sep 27 2013, 06:09 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 27 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #180

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 27 2013, 01:54 PM) *

I don't see it as a slight at all, how many playoffs has Newton led the panthers too, Cam is my boy but he really ain't did shit. Rodgers, I hate due because he play for those Wisconsin pussies but dude has won a SB and playoff games, if you a young QB right now and you say you wanna be like Cam you a bum lol

You can already see more potential in RG3 then Cam just off of last season. Cam be pouting and saying it's because he wants to win but RG3 goes out and performs and excepts responsibility. It's glaring differences between the two, on second thought looking st that maybe he did slight him

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:29 AM