IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Martinez vs. Macklin-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams
Cheesey1
post Mar 17 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 17 2012, 11:57 PM) *
i called it

Good call.

As Sergio said, "it was like chopping down a tree."

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 17 2012, 11:02 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 17 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #32

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 17 2012, 11:57 PM) *
Boo. I don't care what anyone says, this dude would get mopped by Floyd Mayweather. Easy fight.

I disagree. I think Floyd wins, but "mopped up"..HELL NAW. Martinez is NO JOKE....he's quick enough to hit Floyd and dare I say, "counter" him, IF Floyd became the aggressor. I doubt Floyd would...i think he'd draw him in and counter him. Win for Floyd? Of course. Easy fight? FUCK naw.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 17 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 18 2012, 12:02 AM) *
I disagree. I think Floyd wins, but "mopped up"..HELL NAW. Martinez is NO JOKE....he's quick enough to hit Floyd and dare I say, "counter" him, IF Floyd became the aggressor. I doubt Floyd would...i think he'd draw him in and counter him. Win for Floyd? Of course. Easy fight? FUCK naw.

Agree.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 17 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Like a fighter like Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez looks good against these slow, flat-footed, come-forward, no head-movement fighters, but against pure boxers looks non-elite. Martinez will be an easy fight for Floyd because Martinez gets hit too easily, doesn't know how to adjust, and is pretty much one-dimensional. (I didn't expect to call him a one-dimensional fighter until this fight, but it confirmed it for me. Just like most southpaws, throwing the right jab, looking for the straight left, that's all they do.) Floyd will be landing counter-jabs and straight rights all day for 12 rounds straight. Martinez won't know what to do. Especially the fact that he likes to box but is just not on Floyd's level in terms of skill. Easy fight. I said this would be easier than the Pacquiao fight (say what?!!!) and I still think so.

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 17 2012, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Mar 17 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #35

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

I think Julio Caesar Chavez can give Martinez some problems. I think Martinez still wins, but after seeing this fight, I give JCC a live dog status against Martinez.

Oh and definitely Martinez will give Floyd problems.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 17 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 18 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Like a fighter like Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez looks good against these slow, flat-footed, come-forward, no head-movement fighters, but against pure boxers looks non-elite. Martinez will be an easy fight for Floyd because Martinez gets hit too easily, doesn't know how to adjust, and is pretty much one-dimensional. (I didn't expect to call him a one-dimensional fighter until this fight, but it confirmed it for me. Just like most southpaws, throwing the right jab, looking for the straight left, that's all they do.) Floyd will be landing counter-jabs and straight rights all day for 12 rounds straight. Martinez won't know what to do. Especially the fact that he likes to box but is just not on Floyd's level in terms of skill. Easy fight. I said this would be easier than the Pacquiao fight (say what?!!!) and I still think so.

Exactly, which fight did you just watch? Here's a better question: which "pure" boxer did Sergio look "non-elite" against?

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Mar 17 2012, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 17 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Called it too. Good strategic fight, Martinez has hands of stone.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 17 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #38

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Mar 17 2012, 11:09 PM) *
I think Julio Caesar Chavez can give Martinez some problems. I think Martinez still wins, but after seeing this fight, I give JCC a live dog status against Martinez.

Oh and definitely Martinez will give Floyd problems.

JCC looked like garbage to me against Zbik (that's how you spell it?) but his boxing style aint bad, and it will give Martinz problems. As long as you box Martinez, he'll get confused and can't throw his signature straight hand combos.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 17 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Exactly, which fight did you just watch? Here's a better question: which "pure" boxer did Sergio look "non-elite" against?

The same fight you all just watched, where mysteriously to your eyes Martinez had full control of the fight. Macklin was actually giving Martinez a hell of fight, he was getting hit with jabs, but was dodging a lot of power shots, and was landing solid punches of his own. The fight was neck and neck until Macklin's stamina just died after scoring that knockdown.

This post has been edited by sduck: Mar 17 2012, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 17 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

No big deal, we just saw two different fights.

I'm not denying that Macklin won some rounds, but Martinez was never behind.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 17 2012, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 17 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

What he's suppose to walk all over everyone? He looked good even great in the late going against the #2? #3 guy in the world. Some people have that Larry merchant syndrome

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:06 PM