IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
checkleft
post Feb 26 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #121

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2013, 02:46 AM) *
Imagine if the ghost comes out and tries to outbox Floyd, now that's be a shocker

It would be a big shock.. but I don't think it would be smart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 26 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #122

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

If that list is correct, I'm not paying to see him to fight any of those guys. Maidana?? Really?? The same on who lost at 140 to Khan. the same one that Devon Alexander had his signature win against. I'd still pay $60 for a Pacquiao fight. I think Angulo beats him at 154. I know, I know Floyd is unbeatable... I'm not so convinced he fights those 154lb guys on the list. The article was right in referencing the HBO/Roy Jones debacle. If you let the fighter handpick his opponents, then it becomes a series of exhibitions and showcases. Floyd beats Garcia and Maidana because they are too small at this point. He beats Alexander because he's just not good enough. I dont think he ever fights Canelo or Angulo. He's not gonna fight a 154lb guy in their prime. Just face it...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 26 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #123

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 26 2013, 03:19 PM) *
If that list is correct, I'm not paying to see him to fight any of those guys. Maidana?? Really?? The same on who lost at 140 to Khan. the same one that Devon Alexander had his signature win against. I'd still pay $60 for a Pacquiao fight. I think Angulo beats him at 154. I know, I know Floyd is unbeatable... I'm not so convinced he fights those 154lb guys on the list. The article was right in referencing the HBO/Roy Jones debacle. If you let the fighter handpick his opponents, then it becomes a series of exhibitions and showcases. Floyd beats Garcia and Maidana because they are too small at this point. He beats Alexander because he's just not good enough. I dont think he ever fights Canelo or Angulo. He's not gonna fight a 154lb guy in their prime. Just face it...

Here is my problem with that article, what credibility does it have? I mean is this here say or has this been actually a done deal? I just think people like to discredit this deal and Floyd. I just feel we have to wait and see. We can't jump at every article and says this is gospel.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 27 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #124

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 26 2013, 05:30 PM) *
Here is my problem with that article, what credibility does it have? I mean is this here say or has this been actually a done deal? I just think people like to discredit this deal and Floyd. I just feel we have to wait and see. We can't jump at every article and says this is gospel.

It's not just one source or one article, it's multiple sites and the biggest one is the Boston Herald, which is pretty reputable. True the list is a rumor but the source came from inside of Showtime. If the list is true, what happens if one of them loses, then he'd have to look elsewhere

Now whether it comes to fruition is another story but IF it's true then that is truly the definition of cherry picking. I like Floyd just as much as you do but c'mon bruh, even you need to man up and admit those are horrible fights. There is only 2 PPV worthy fights on there and that's Canelo and the one he got coming up.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 27 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #125

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 12:35 AM) *
It's not just one source or one article, it's multiple sites and the biggest one is the Boston Herald, which is pretty reputable. True the list is a rumor but the source came from inside of Showtime. If the list is true, what happens if one of them loses, then he'd have to look elsewhere

Now whether it comes to fruition is another story but IF it's true then that is truly the definition of cherry picking. I like Floyd just as much as you do but c'mon bruh, even you need to man up and admit those are horrible fights. There is only 2 PPV worthy fights on there and that's Canelo and the one he got coming up.

Let's expand on this. What should the list include? Obviously we have:

1.) Guerrero, which is a go.
2.) Alverez (If he beats Trout) No Given.
3.) Trout-if he beats Alverez (I think Trout should be on the list if he wins.)
4.) Pacquiao-No longer Superfight status, but it's better than many others on "Floyd's List." Devon Alexander? That's like watching paint dry!

Ok Fighthypers, let's fill in the next three opponents to make the list fights that people would want to see. Let's make a good Six Fight Deal For Floyd that would not only represent Money, but quality opposition.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #126

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 27 2013, 01:27 PM) *

Ok Fighthypers, let's fill in the next three opponents to make the list fights that people would want to see. Let's make a good Six Fight Deal For Floyd that would not only represent Money, but quality opposition.

Jack

4. The winner of Alexander/Brook - IF Brook wins (we'll have UK twist to PPV), if not, then fuck it
5. Amir Khan - if he happens to fight Alexander or Ortiz in the future, if not, then fuck it
6. Josesito Lopez - if he gets past Maidana and has a meaningful fight by year's end, or early 2014 (no later than Jan.)...if not, then fuck it
*Lamont Peterson* - I have no explanation for this as of yet

This is all that can come up with. All of these fights are marketable, but again, none of them are definite at the moment.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 27 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #127

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 26 2013, 05:19 PM) *

I think Canelo give him probably the biggest threat of his career. I think Angulo, however, is a carbon copy of Magarito. I never thought Margacheato had a chance vs Floyd and I feel the same about Angulo. He's way to easy to hit. His hands aren't very fast and he's gone down before.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #128

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 27 2013, 02:27 PM) *

4.) Pacquiao-No longer Superfight status, but it's better than many others on "Floyd's List." Devon Alexander? That's like watching paint dry!

Jack

pacquiao has no business on that list. if he is on the list at all...it should be behind bradley and marquez.

i think trout is more worthy than alvarez at this point.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #129

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2013, 02:35 PM) *
4. The winner of Alexander/Brook - IF Brook wins (we'll have UK twist to PPV), if not, then fuck it
5. Amir Khan - if he happens to fight Alexander or Ortiz in the future, if not, then fuck it
6. Josesito Lopez - if he gets past Maidana and has a meaningful fight by year's end, or early 2014 (no later than Jan.)...if not, then fuck it
*Lamont Peterson* - I have no explanation for this as of yet

This is all that can come up with. All of these fights are marketable, but again, none of them are definite at the moment.

alexander shouldn't be on the list unless it's behind bradley. never seen brook fight. who has he beaten to make the list?

amir khan should be behind peterson and garcia.

you can make the case to put josesito before khan....i think peterson and garcia both go before him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 27 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #130

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 27 2013, 12:27 PM) *

Jack

I've been talking about this to some of my friends and I told them that I think if he seriously chooses to fight 6 times then he should do 3 solid opponents and 3 tough opponents

I think he should fight Martinez, Canelo, the Brook-Alexander winner, he's fighting Guerrero obviously....Canelo, if he beats Trout, and maybe Garcia if he can keep winning. But between Canelo and Danny, I'd leave those 2 open. The 140lbers will be moving up soon and those could be good matchups down the line

If a Pacquiao fight materializes then I'd be interested in that, but at this point I'm more intrigued by the possibility of Mayweather-Bradley

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:16 AM