IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
The Original MrF...
post Apr 21 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #241

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 21 2013, 12:33 AM) *
If Cotto fights Canelo, he might as well just prepare his kids and wife to start crying because he's going to get his lumped up. I want to see Canelo take on real challenges. Go fight some 154 lbers and up. Even if he beats Mayweather, I won't be impressed. It's gotta stop somewhere man. I know we yearn for a guy to really threaten Floyd but my goodness. Both dudes are 30 lbs heavier than him.

LOL!!! pretty much.

I think Canelo just got a decision against the best guy at 154. Who was better than Trout at 54? Mayweather will not fight Canelo. He'll never admit this. I'm really curious what the Mayweather camp will have to say about this. No excuses why the fight cant happen. Canelo is with Goldenboy, he's with Showtime and he will be available in September. Not to mention, Canelo wants that fight. Revenge for his mentor, DLH.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #242

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Did anybody score this fight as a 7-5 affair? If you did, then you cant be mad that it went in Canelo's favor. NOW, those crazy score cards are one thing, but the fact that the fight was that close, gives it the right to allow fuckery to happen. No way Trout should've let it get that close, being that the given circumstances were in place.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 21 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #243

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 12:09 AM) *
Did they mention the unofficial weights tonite? Or does Texas not do that when Canelo or Chavez Jr are fighting?

172 and 171, i think

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #244

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 21 2013, 01:18 AM) *
Canelo wants that fight. Revenge for his mentor, DLH.

Revenge for his brother is one thing, but revenge for a high-paying, booty-snatching opportunist, is another. Let's see how this goes.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 21 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #245

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 21 2013, 01:22 AM) *
172 and 171, i think

Really? Damn

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Apr 21 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #246

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 21 2013, 12:24 AM) *
Really? Damn

yea canelo and trout are some big motherfuckers

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Apr 21 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #247

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

I'll go against the grain and offer diversity to this thread, i think ya'll are crazy. The Showtime crew did pathetic as usual with the exception of Moro, he's the only one that called stuff correctly. They nuthugged Trout all night long. I got sick of watching their replays of Trouts grazing/glancing blows and Canelo's harder/cleaner blows and them trying to twist how Trout was doing so much better, then they give Canelo 10-9 in the kd rnd, how the fuck? Canelo didn't even get staggered nor dominated after that, Showtime must not offer Vision insurance to their employees. Both of these fighters i could care less about, I'm not a fan of either, what i saw was Punch for Punch Canelo beat Trout tonight. I gave Trout rnds 1, 3, 8, and 12. That's it. Any "close" round i gave to the guy that actually landed meaningful hard punches.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Apr 21 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #248

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (happygocampy @ Apr 21 2013, 01:50 AM) *
I'll go against the grain and offer diversity to this thread, i think ya'll are crazy. The Showtime crew did pathetic as usual with the exception of Moro, he's the only one that called stuff correctly. They nuthugged Trout all night long. I got sick of watching their replays of Trouts grazing/glancing blows and Canelo's harder/cleaner blows and them trying to twist how Trout was doing so much better, then they give Canelo 10-9 in the kd rnd, how the fuck? Canelo didn't even get staggered nor dominated after that, Showtime must not offer Vision insurance to their employees. Both of these fighters i could care less about, I'm not a fan of either, what i saw was Punch for Punch Canelo beat Trout tonight. I gave Trout rnds 1, 3, 8, and 12. That's it. Any "close" round i gave to the guy that actually landed meaningful hard punches.

And that's why I thank the lord you are not a prize fight judge. (Not that the judges were any good tonight smh)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 21 2013, 01:04 AM
Post #249

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (happygocampy @ Apr 21 2013, 01:50 AM) *

Wow, you didnt give Trout round 6?!?!?! Canelo got hit with a body punch and did next to nothing?!?! If there was ever a convincing Trout round it was 6. I can see people having it close. I thought the Showtime folks were heavy on the Alvarez tip. Trout would land a right or a left and they'd mention it, but if Canelo landed one punch in the exchange their volume would go up.

I hope Paulie remembers his fight scores when he fights Mayweather Jr jr this summer because all the reasons he gave for Trout not winning will be the same ones he will have for not winning.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 21 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #250

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Apr 20 2013, 11:50 PM) *
i stop judging the fight when i heard 80-71

Same here

QUOTE (Plah @ Apr 20 2013, 11:58 PM) *
Saw a close decision for Trout even though he didn't threw combinations and was only jabbing and moving. While Canelo's defense has improved, he didn't do anything. Just sit there taking jabs and potshots while throwing the straight right and some wild punches occasionally. Those cards made me sick.

I didn't gave it that close. But there were 1-2 difficult rounds I could have thrown the other way. I agree with the rest of your analysis tho.

Quote of the night-- "No way Floyd wins a decision against this kid, canelo wins rounds by doing nothing for 3 minutes"

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 27 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 03:46 PM