> HATTON LOSS TO FLOYD BROKE HIM AS A FIGHTER, SAYS HE CRIED FOR MONTHS
gravytrain
post Jul 6 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 6 2011, 05:45 PM) *
He won but he did not beat him. My facts are pretty straight. You knock your opponent down 3 times and come away with a draw? Yeah you didn't beat anyone that night. In the rematch to most at ringside and at home you lost?? Again, that is not a beating but I see where you are trying to fire from.

it's pretty simple really, it just comes down to Mayweather fighting Pac's leftovers. and since he beat him he automatically softened him up for Mayweather.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jul 6 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #12

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,849

Fuckin' Floydiots in this board's makin' Gravytrain look like a Pactard.

Hey Gravy, you stop that already. Show your true love for Floyd.

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Jul 6 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #13

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 6 2011, 06:26 PM) *

Floydiots is good. It can be interpreted as someone being "Stupid" for Floyd. It's probably the least offensive of the monikers. Flomos...people that are "Gay" for Floyd, can be interpreted as homophobic rhetoric. Pactard...someone deemed to be "Retarded" for Pac, can be interpreted as insensitive to developmental syndromes.

But Floydiot gets the point across without any collateral damage to non-intended targets. (with the exception of "Idiots" who probably aren't smart enough to be offended)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Jul 6 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Hops @ Jul 6 2011, 06:26 PM) *

well when you take away the fighters from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s who's showed more skills as an active fighter? Mayweather.

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Jul 6 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 6 2011, 12:25 PM) *
hatton down played his loss to Pac.. says it was "a well placed shot" he said in losing to Mayweather he had no answers for his style... no matter what he tried...

Is is easier for a fighter to deal with getting KTFO by one shot rather than take a beating for a duration? I recall Floyd Sr telling Hatton, " You have not been listening to me" poor Ricky... does he have it in him to make it back into the ring ever again???
His testimony spells him being ruined by Floyd before Pac landed his knock out blow...

It doesn't matter. Both mayweather and PAC beat the living shit out of hatton. It didnt matter who beat who first they both would kill him regardless of who had fought him first. IMO a beating over the course of a fight can be worse than a one hitter quitter but a one hitter quitter can ruin a guy just as bad. It just depends who the fighter is mentally and physically. Hatton is WAY DELUSIONAL if he thinks PAC's shot was just well placed. PAC beat the fuck out of him right from the get go and PAC would have done the same even if hatton never fought mayweather first.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Jul 6 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #16

Chief Haterizer

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 7 2011, 05:25 AM) *
I recall Floyd Sr telling Hatton, " You have not been listening to me" poor Ricky... does he have it in him to make it back into the ring ever again???

Snr is not a great trainer. How many winners has he trained who were not champions before he got to them? His style is to blame everyone but himself for his fighters failures. Then I wonder where his son gets it from......

+Quote Post
JONdaCON817
post Jul 6 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #17

Welcome to the Dirty South

Member No.: 11,493

it wasnt Floyd or Pac who ruined Hatton...

"Cocaine is one helluva drug"- Rick James

+Quote Post
Jhill47
post Jul 6 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 12,594

can somebody please tell me why the link to the radio show doesn't work?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Jul 6 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 6 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Snr is not a great trainer. How many winners has he trained who were not champions before he got to them? His style is to blame everyone but himself for his fighters failures. Then I wonder where his son gets it from......

His son can never say that: he has never lost... All I know Floyd Sr taught his son a defensive strategy that has worked for 15 years so he must be doing somthing right.

Hatton was a different fighter after the Mayweather loss. His head was struck into the ring post, round 10 I believe. Pacaquio just put the dirt on the grave...

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jul 7 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jul 7 2011, 02:22 AM) *
Hatton was always a small fighter that used his strength but never appeared to look at his best at 147 than he did back at 140. I felt Hatton did well in the early rounds against Mayweather and because of his style and pressure brought the best out of Mayweather. I agree that the Mayweather loss would have broken his spirits as the steaks were high and was a devastating 1st career loss.

As for the Pacquaio loss that was a horrible performance by Hatton and not even sure if he had a game plan for that night. Other than something to do and possibly get extra 24/7 exposure I have no fucking idea how Mayweather Sr. training Hatton was going to be useful...such a horrible duo! There didn't seem to be any chemistry whatsoever between the two either. Bell rings and Hatton comes in head first at Manny's chest applying all this pressure but forgot to fucking throw punchers along the way!! The guy got off to a disastrous and couldn't get himself back on track and by the 2nd round went completely off the rails and found himself in the middle of the ring on the receiving end of one of the most brutal knockouts in recent memories! Nail in the coffin!

Hatton had many fights as it was, I personally don't think Hatton could make a successful return to the ring after a KO like that..specially as time goes by. Not to mention, his 1st interview after his loss he said although he hadn't view the KO yet, but everytime he has seen a KO since sends chills down his spine. I don't think they're words you want to hear from a fighter making a return.

I think Rick Hatton had a pretty solid career who at time was underrated. I consider both Floyd Mayweather & Manny Pacquaio's victories over Ricky Hatton as one of, if not their greatest in their career.

With that being said, I actually miss the old chap fighting!..... lol

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:30 PM