Closed TopicStart new topic
> Can U Imagine If Arce Beats Donaire?
Gambit808
post Dec 11 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

What are the chances we see and upset here, in a year that's been filled with them already?

If Arce beats Donaire should he get more credit than Marquez beating Pacquiao?

I can't jump on the upset band-wagon with this fight here, though I know Arce got a boost in Pridesmanship and confidence after this past weekend. I know it's gonna be an exciting scrap to watch, but still, I just see Arce as being Taylor-maid for what Donaire brings in. I see slippage in age for Jorge Arce while, Nonito Donaire is Maintaining steady pace at an Elite level, but as the cliche goes "This is Boxing".

What's your thoughts on Arce's chances of an Upset?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 11 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

cant see it, hes ready made for donaire.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 11 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 11 2012, 05:45 PM) *
What are the chances we see and upset here, in a year that's been filled with them already?

If Arce beats Donaire should he get more credit than Marquez beating Pacquiao?

I can't jump on the upset band-wagon with this fight here, though I know Arce got a boost in Pridesmanship and confidence after this past weekend. I know it's gonna be an exciting scrap to watch, but still, I just see Arce as being Taylor-maid for what Donaire brings in. I see slippage in age for Jorge Arce while, Nonito Donaire is Maintaining steady pace at an Elite level, but as the cliche goes "This is Boxing".

What's your thoughts on Arce's chances of an Upset?

I don't believe there are many chances of an upset for Arce because his style is too much like Vic's, he'll be coming straight-forward nearly tailor-made for Nonito. However, (and that's a BIG HOWEVER), if he were to pull off the upset vs Donaire it will not be looked at as being as big or bigger than Pac being KO'd.

Sure we all thought if anyone could beat Pac it would be JMM but I don't believe most figured he could KO him which makes that victory that much more special...especially when you factor in that some people still had Manny as the #1 P4P fighter.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 11 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i prayed to the boxing gods for a definitive end to pac/jmm....and i'll be praying for a great competitive match this time around. i too believe arce is tailor made for donaire...but i'm hoping the boxing gods hear my prayers and at the very least make this an entertaining match where arce is not blown out the water like i believe he will be.

in the name of jeebus! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 11 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

I think im the only person backing Arce in this fight lol, i love his warrior mentality and the excitement factor he brings to most fights is second to none, i'd love to see him KO Donaire here or atleast make the fight interesting

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Love these Gambit threads! These shits usually make me think a bit.

Seriously though, Doanire hasn't been looking ALL that great lately, but he's still sharp. I wonder if this will be one of those fights where Arce decides to bullrush Donaire and clinch him, til he's frustrated.

As most of us have said, Arce is ready made for Donaire, but that Mexican pride from the JMM victory may spark some thing in the Arce. Who knows.

If he goes in there and gets steamrolled, then I wont feel too bad...at least I won be paying for on next month's bill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 11 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 11 2012, 07:18 PM) *
I think im the only person backing Arce in this fight lol, i love his warrior mentality and the excitement factor he brings to most fights is second to none, i'd love to see him KO Donaire here or atleast make the fight interesting

Nothing wrong with backing the underdog this year while it's still here. We know Donaire does get hit too, I think the question is, does Jorge pack the kind of Punch and Skillset to test not only Nonito's versitility, but his chin as well.

Now if by some stretch we were to see Arce knock Donaire out, I think he'd deserve enough if not, more credit than Marquez which whom needed 4 fights to get his Peak accomplishment. But I, like the Majority, don't see it happening either.

This weekend is just gonna be great with the cards and replay of Pacquiao vs. Marquez 4.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 11 2012, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 11 2012, 09:55 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Won't happen.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Remember how everybody thought Donaire was gonna fleece Vasquez Jr.???

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 12 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Idk. Rojas was handling arce until he used his telenovela acting shit on him. Donaire is faster and hits just as hard

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:08 AM