IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If Cotto signs to fight Sergio for $15M, will Bob get options on Cotto?
Col Reb
post Dec 2 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

I'm wondering if that's why the dollar figure is so high. If Cotto beats Martinez (which I think he will), he could rematch Floyd for the MW title in an even bigger money fight. The question is this: should Cotto take the $15M if it means he's back with Top Rank (or Bob has options on him) and it rules out a Floyd fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Dec 2 2013, 06:04 AM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

Last time cotto got I the ring with a southpaw with speed and power he got stopped brutally horrible stylistic matchup for cotto he gets pot shotted to death

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2013, 08:02 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Dec 1 2013, 11:05 PM) *
I'm wondering if that's why the dollar figure is so high. If Cotto beats Martinez (which I think he will), he could rematch Floyd for the MW title in an even bigger money fight. The question is this: should Cotto take the $15M if it means he's back with Top Rank (or Bob has options on him) and it rules out a Floyd fight?

I think Cotto beats Martinez also but he should not re-sign with TR regardless of the dollar amount he is poised to make vs Sergio and yes, Bob will have options on him should he do this bout vs SM. We know that BA and DK both or just about any Promotion company for that matter always impose certain dibs on at least 2-4 fights on any fighter if they use their banner to promote the fight, these practices are wrong according to the Muhammad Ali Act but since boxing is so corrupt and there is no enforcement of the rules and most fighters cannot afford the legal representation to take these matters to court that will keep being continued until the fighter runs out of money and the Promoter still has big enough bank to drag it out, therefore most fighters don't even bother to pursue the matter and simply give in to these contract deals with the devil(s).

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 2 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

I think Bob gave him 15 just to spight GBP.....being a promotional free agent right now with a name is good for business. Only time Will tell

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Like I've said before, Miguel fight for the most paper. When I read the article I went straight for the dollar amount. Miguel is a great fighter but he's not a very intelligent businessman. Arum pulled out the big guns just to stop him from going back to GB. He's going to take a $15mil beat down. People keep bringing up injuries with Martinez but Cotto is shop worn and too beat down to win this one. He's going to make it interesting for the first half of the fight but after round 6, he's going to be eating those left hands on his way to being stopped in maybe the 10th or 11th round

HBO may have some fight left in them. Having 2 of the 3 real draws in the sport gives them a little edge. But I wonder why they don't have any of the boxers who fight on their network under exclusive contracts. That could lead to trouble down the line

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Dec 2 2013, 09:36 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

$15M??? Pffffff

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He didn't even make that against Floyd, so how in the heck is he gonna make that against Martinez??? Will they be splitting this $15M??? Nobody makes that much money while under Bob's umbrella, promotional free agent or not. And just how much is Martinez gonna make, if Miguel gets $15M?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 2 2013, 08:42 AM) *
I think Bob gave him 15 just to spight GBP.....being a promotional free agent right now with a name is good for business. Only time Will tell

History has shown us that guys like Miguel, are the most "non-business-minded" people to walk the face of the Earth. He came out big in the Floyd fight, then went on and took a Trout fight. WHY??? Smh

Now he's back with Bob, because it's clear that he cant handle business on his own terms. Being a promotional free agent is good for business...if you know what you're doing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Dec 2 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I think the 15 mil is part of him being the free agent. Bob trynna lure him back.. but Idk

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Is it possible that the 15M could be part of the deal that Bob made with him as sort of an advance on the next 2 fights? Who knows with crooked Bob Arum.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 2 2013, 12:57 PM) *
I think the 15 mil is part of him being the free agent. Bob trynna lure him back.. but Idk

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 2 2013, 02:05 PM) *
Is it possible that the 15M could be part of the deal that Bob made with him as sort of an advance on the next 2 fights? Who knows with crooked Bob Arum.

Both of yall made GREAT points with two key words that yall used..."lure" and "advance"...those are Bob's favorite tactics. No way in hell Cotto will ever be a bigger star than Tito, and I'm not even sure Tito cracked those type of paydays...well, not in one fight anyway.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 05:18 PM