Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok sooo...Danny Garcia
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

It's been a long time since some young fighter amazed me, but hell....Danny Garcia did it.

Although Morales is on a clear decline and should retire before they fine and ban his ass from boxing. (No disrespect intended, hes still ERIK MORALES), I liked Garcia in that fight. Especially that thunderous LEFT.
Khan has some holes in his arsenal...and I think these won't be filled any time soon even with the guidance of Hunter, but he is a game and technically sound fighter with potential (damn, saying that hurts), Garcia still taxed his ass, clocked him with another left, kept calm while Khan was break dancin' all over the freaking squared circle and still managed to put up a meassured and humble interview afterwards.

What I am trying to say is, I really like the kid. He is not over the top cocky, got some skills (needs to improve some things of course), has nice amateur resume, PHILLY represent, he can fight, he can talk...I hope he stays on top of the world for a loooong time. Not a P4P material, but makes a good champ in my eyes.

Thoughts ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 21 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

we'll see how he deals with lucas mat i cant spell his name for shit

+Quote Post
p4pcrown
post Oct 21 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,358

I'd like to see Garcia vs Broner. If he gets past Demarco which he will, and easily..I'd like to see him make that jump and fight Garcia. They're both young, undefeated, and exciting fighters. That 0 has got to go!...I think Broner wins this fight if it's made.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 21 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (p4pcrown @ Oct 21 2012, 11:56 AM) *
I'd like to see Garcia vs Broner. If he gets past Demarco which he will, and easily..I'd like to see him make that jump and fight Garcia. They're both young, undefeated, and exciting fighters. That 0 has got to go!...I think Broner wins this fight if it's made.

Too soon to make any assumptions for Broner. His best quality opposition was Ponce who came up in weight to fight him and that fight was iffy even though i think Broner pulled it out. Lets see how Broner fares against a few people in this weight class first. Then we can talk about him competing at 140. I do however believe GBP and Al Haymon are building Broner and Garcia for a possible showdown at welterweight in the distant future for a megafight. Mayweather-Cotto 2.0

As for Danny Swift id love to see him against Matthyse, Rios, Judah. Those would be exciting fights.
Question: WHY hasnt Peterson been stripped of his title yet?! Hes not active! Give that belt to an active 140er!

This post has been edited by Marcus: Oct 21 2012, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

I think Borner would outbox the hell out of him. Mismatch in my eyes.

Anyways, I know he is still untested and needs to fight better opposition than Morales, but my point is...what a champ.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Oct 21 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 21 2012, 12:50 PM) *
I think Borner would outbox the hell out of him. Mismatch in my eyes.

Anyways, I know he is still untested and needs to fight better opposition than Morales, but my point is...what a champ.

Possible but i doubt it. Danny Garcia is POWERFUL... not to mention garcia has beaten the better opposition. Its too soon to call it. Let Broner prove himself at lightweight first against DeMarco and Burns.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 21 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Marcus @ Oct 21 2012, 12:54 PM) *
Possible but i doubt it. Danny Garcia is POWERFUL... not to mention garcia has beaten the better opposition. Its too soon to call it. Let Broner prove himself at lightweight first against DeMarco and Burns.

I agree. Broner looks to have lots of potential. Maybe he'd be the better boxer. But there is no saying how the fight would go once Garcia landed a few good ones.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Whew...thought this was a Garcia vs Mayweather thread. Lol

Good stuff Mit!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 21 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Whew...thought this was a Garcia vs Mayweather thread. Lol

Good stuff Mit!

Waay ahead of ya ! Nah, that topic is not yet to be opened, since Garcia really hasn't earned anything close to Money May.

Still though, I will be taking a close look at Garcia's career from this point on. He has gained a new fan in me with his recent performances in and outside of the ring - no matter the opposition. Hope the future is bright for him.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 21 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 21 2012, 10:34 AM) *
we'll see how he deals with lucas mat i cant spell his name for shit

He won't fight Lucas. Post fight he said something to the extent of "I don't think matthysse is that good, he don't even have a belt" which is one of the dumber things I've heard him say.

I'm pretty high on Danny but I don't think he can beat lamont, im pretty sure he can beat zab barring a big upset, I think he can beat rios, and even though I'm a huge Lucas fan I think it can go either way but I have yet to see danny pressured or hit by a big puncher and I've seen Lucas take huge shots from ajose and soto.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Oct 21 2012, 02:04 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:36 PM